2015 Logan @ Athens

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: 2015 Logan @ Athens

Post by 1987chieftains »

Orange and Brown wrote:
moonshine wrote:Where are all of my dog buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach Adams said he is just gonna play the freshman against Logan so he doesn't make them look bad.
thats funny because thats what logan did for years before athens hit the bricks. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

1987chieftains wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
moonshine wrote:Where are all of my dog buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach Adams said he is just gonna play the freshman against Logan so he doesn't make them look bad.
thats funny because thats what logan did for years before athens hit the bricks. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Well then Logan might want to do that again this year if you want Athens to come back to save the SEOAL. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens wants to win so they will never be back in the SEOAL

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:Athens wants to win so they will never be back in the SEOAL
This is all very funny since we are hearing very little from the Athens posters!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LHS 72 wrote:
This is all very funny since we are hearing very little from the Athens posters!

They prefer to let their Freshman team do the talking!
I was up in the Plains again today and I heard they were gonna put a hundred and twenty points on the board and count backwards so the game will look closer at the end.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

LHS 72 wrote:
They are paying the other league teams to do so

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They are sabbatical till the 28th. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

There is no league to go back. Athens is in the only three sports left in the seoal. After this year, football isn't a seoal sport

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
There is no league to go back. Athens is in the only three sports left in the seoal. After this year, football isn't a seoal sport
Actually Raider that statement Is not exactly correct.

http://www.timesjournal.com/news/articl ... d3e61.html

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I thought you needed 4 teams or more to be considered a seoal sport

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I thought you needed 4 teams or more to be considered a seoal sport
only 75% have to play the sport to count

Girls tennis will not count this year...The SEOAL has four teams but Gallipolis and Warren do not have tennis
Girls golf will not count Logan is the only team with a team

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I thought you needed 4 teams or more to be considered a seoal sport
Obviously according to the link per the post on last page we are going with 3 in football after this year. That is assuming the three that remain don't find another home.

My understanding Craig Dunn from LDN put some work into presenting something that will allow for the changes and for things to continue as long as possible.

Maybe this phoenix will rise from the ashes and fly again...we will wait and see.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would love to see Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Logan, Marietta, and Warren back in the SEOAL.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I would love to see Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Logan, Marietta, and Warren back in the SEOAL.
Gallia is gone for good. Have you checked their enrollment numbers lately?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I would love to see Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Logan, Marietta, and Warren back in the SEOAL.
We all know Athens is the key that would bring Marietta in and maybe even Gallia and Chillicothe back. But we also know that not going to happen anytime soon. And we beat that horse.

So back to the thread at hand Raider, tell me anonymous internet poster to anonymous internet poster how is Athens this year...why so quiet lol.

Here is my analogy. The rocket ship that was Athens 2014 has jettisoned its capsule and that capsule is re-entering the earth's atmosphere.

Is that capsule equipped with heat shields and a parachute to allow it not to burn up and land softly in a year or two? Or is it missing some tiles and burn up on atmosphere re-entry or missing a chute and land hard on land instead of the water?

How about it? Any thoughts?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Athens has run out of move in O.U. coaches sons and now must rely on local "native" talent. We all know how well that worked out for them, leading them to run to the "minor leagues". Athens get to win some games in their "minor league" but reality awaits in the SEOAL. 8)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:Athens has run out of move in O.U. coaches sons and now must rely on local "native" talent. We all know how well that worked out for them, leading them to run to the "minor leagues". Athens get to win some games in their "minor league" but reality awaits in the SEOAL. 8)
Who were the OU kids on the 10-0 team in 2011?
Who were the OU kids on the 9-1 team in 2009?

:mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
We all know Athens is the key that would bring Marietta in and maybe even Gallia and Chillicothe back. But we also know that not going to happen anytime soon. And we beat that horse.

So back to the thread at hand Raider, tell me anonymous internet poster to anonymous internet poster how is Athens this year...why so quiet lol.

Here is my analogy. The rocket ship that was Athens 2014 has jettisoned its capsule and that capsule is re-entering the earth's atmosphere.

Is that capsule equipped with heat shields and a parachute to allow it not to burn up and land softly in a year or two? Or is it missing some tiles and burn up on atmosphere re-entry or missing a chute and land hard on land instead of the water?

How about it? Any thoughts?
Most people at Athens believe Athens will go 7-3 or 8-2. Unrealistic to compare the last 3 years to any SEO team. I thought Athens being good brought the typical good teams to earth

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

93Bulldog wrote:
Paladin wrote:Athens has run out of move in O.U. coaches sons and now must rely on local "native" talent. We all know how well that worked out for them, leading them to run to the "minor leagues". Athens get to win some games in their "minor league" but reality awaits in the SEOAL. 8)
Who were the OU kids on the 10-0 team in 2011?
Who were the OU kids on the 9-1 team in 2009?

:mrgreen:
Let's be realistic here. The schedule was toned way down during those years. Athens didn't have to play the 2009 Logan team that was probably one of the best in school history. In 2011 they played Jackson in the postseason and were beaten pretty soundly.

I'm still picking Athens to win the TVC this year. Not because I think their team will be super talented, but because they will have so many advantages over their competition. Nelsonville might give them a run for their money.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

^
2009 TVC Athens 9-1 16.8 points
2009 SEOAL Zanesville 9-1 16.4 points

Return to “Football”