2015 West Senators

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2015 West Senators

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My prediction(Means nothing so do not get excited)

Postby EagleFan89 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:36 am
8/28 H Newark Catholic-WIN
9/4 A Portsmouth-LOSS(Close game could go either way)
9/11 A Coal Grove Dawson-Bryant-Loss(Close game could go either way)
9/18 A Wellston- Win
9/25 A Raceland (KY)-Loss(Close game could go either way)
10/2 H Minford- Win
10/9 A Lucasville Valley - Loss(Close game could go either way)
10/16 H Waverly- Win
10/23 H Proctorville Fairland- Win
10/30 A Wheelersburg- Loss

5-5

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:My prediction(Means nothing so do not get excited)

9/18 A Wellston- Win
10/2 H Minford- Win
10/16 H Waverly- Win

5-5
I would say any of those losses excluding Portsmouth are possible. Portsmouth has a new coach so they may improve on fundamentals, but they lost all their skills positions. Your being modest about Newark Catholic. They are always a good team.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Westfan wrote:

9/18 A Wellston- Win
10/2 H Minford- Win
10/16 H Waverly- Win

5-5
I would say any of those losses excluding Portsmouth are possible. Portsmouth has a new coach so they may improve on fundamentals, but they lost all their skills positions. Your being modest about Newark Catholic. They are always a good team.
NC is going to be putrid yet again on offense.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Westfan wrote:

9/18 A Wellston- Win
10/2 H Minford- Win
10/16 H Waverly- Win

5-5
I think N.C. goes 3-7 this season.

I read on the huddle where one of the two athletes who played QB will not be back in 2015.
I think the offense will be worse this year.
(My thoughts could change if they got any transfers)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

NC will be a good team. May not be 2 or 3 years ago good, but still very competitive.

I still think West's success is dependent on how the offensive and defensive lines come together. If the injury bug doesn't hit us hard I think we will be pretty good.

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

I would love to see this West team to improve from last year but that'll be very hard to do with the first year starters on offense side of the ball. Some started defense last year but not offense. IMO it will be very hard to replace the high powered 50/50 offense of the senators after losing plenty of talent on the offense to graduation.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

The talent is there. The Coaching is there. No worries for West this year, they will be as good or better than last year. I hope all the other teams believe they are down this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Offense may take a while to come around with new skill players, but there is talent there including Berry and Frasure whom would've started somewhere if not for injuries. Blocking is where it starts and with 3 linemen back that started or played alot plus the tight end and fullback you have a good start there.

Defense could be really good. Should have good team speed and hard nosed players, which is what it takes for Johnson's aggressive defensive scheme. Many players played alot of varsity defense last year including at least 4 freshmen.

Just having a year in the system and the coaches having a year to evaluate players will be a huge plus.

Mr. Hoff
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr. Hoff »

Who are the replacements at the skill positions? If I remember correctly the QB, both RB's and both Wideouts were Seniors? That is a lot of offense to replace.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

It may be hard to repeat last years performance since they surpassed everybody's expectations last year. I think half of the people didn't give them a chance due to a whole new coaching staff and the other half I think wanted them to fail do to they don't like change. I think they will open it up more on offense this year. may have to due to smaller than usual offensive line. Saw a few games the Valley and Portsmouth games in particular you could tell that the players have bought into the coaching staffs game plan. If they are able to keep the staff in tack West will be making the playoffs every year

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

freebee wrote:It may be hard to repeat last years performance since they surpassed everybody's expectations last year. I think half of the people didn't give them a chance due to a whole new coaching staff and the other half I think wanted them to fail do to they don't like change. I think they will open it up more on offense this year. may have to due to smaller than usual offensive line. Saw a few games the Valley and Portsmouth games in particular you could tell that the players have bought into the coaching staffs game plan. If they are able to keep the staff in tack West will be making the playoffs every year
I don't think their that small they just don't have those 300 pounders. They weren't big last year and they moved the ball fine with scheme and technique.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

West should be loaded with talent and talent that saw a lot of time early on as freshman thanks to the previous staff. Same as last year with so much experience returning. Last year everyone expected them to do well with several of them playing significant time since freshmen and especially with the loss of taent at other schools in the league. There is enough talent at West for the next three years so no excuses! burg should be down as well.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

dreamweaver wrote:West should be loaded with talent and talent that saw a lot of time early on as freshman thanks to the previous staff. Same as last year with so much experience returning. Last year everyone expected them to do well with several of them playing significant time since freshmen and especially with the loss of taent at other schools in the league. There is enough talent at West for the next three years so no excuses! burg should be down as well.
Most had West picked 3rd or 4th in the league last year. A second place finish in the SOC II, ending Valley's winning streak, and going to the playoffs was a nice season.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Not too many 300 pounders in the whole county...football wise anyway...lol...I will say this, they will be the strongest pound for pound team in the county. Outstanding strength and conditioning on the Westside. And yes a ton of athletes on this years team. Who will you key on? Running backs? QB? Wideouts, or tightend? And coach Johnson's defense is going to come after you. Not a lot of grab on and go for a ride type D...

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I like West but darn fans are crazy there. West had more years experience on the field last year than any team out there. I had them to win it all and so did a lot of other people. you got players both last year and this year that are excellent and have been starting since they were freshmen. That is valuable experience that not many players get. So obvious.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

local superstar wrote:I like West but darn fans are crazy there. West had more years experience on the field last year than any team out there. I had them to win it all and so did a lot of other people. you got players both last year and this year that are excellent and have been starting since they were freshmen. That is valuable experience that not many players get. So obvious.
Other than Josh Davis, who are these juniors, seniors, or last year's seniors that started as freshmen? There were about 4 freshmen that played last year.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

John Barry played and he will be a senior this year. Very good player and a tough tough kid!
Job Swords got some playing time, the Bailey kid, Meadow boys, ummm there a few more but I just can't think of their names right now????

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Josh Davis is the only one I can think of that started. The other kids mentioned above only dressed varsity in the home games I believe.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

luvbigcats wrote:Josh Davis is the only one I can think of that started. The other kids mentioned above only dressed varsity in the home games I believe.
West had a lot of upperclassmen that year. Seniors are a good group though.

There may be two or three freshmen that work their way into the rotation this year.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Freshman playing is not a good thing that means your upper class players are not very good.

Return to “Football”