Ironton Football 2015

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton Football 2015

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looking forward to a great season, out of Conference schedule looks to be pretty good.

Anyone know if the Fighting Tigers are playing in any 7 on 7's this Summer, any players attending Camps?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

is palladino a sr.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:is palladino a sr.
Yes, he'll be a Senior

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

If palladino is not hurt, then the Tigers are very very tough! It seems the team as a whole works really well together with him on the field!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we should have a very talented backfield at ironton this year.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

I have to agree with you, I think those Tigers will be very very tough, new qb but he has a lot to go around him, just manage the clock and take care of the ball, the line, backfield, and the db"s should be very strong, more dept than we have had for a while, the season should go as the first 4 games goes, the burg is always tough, russell is usually good, throw in beechwood along with ashland and that is a pretty good schedule, we need to even things with beechwood after the last time we seen them, not sure what they got coming back but they are always good. i think our linebackers will surprise alot of people, won"t be long so let have a great season TIGERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think things are getting back to normal in tiger town now.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I'm hearing Palladino has put on some good muscle and has been working his tail off. I hear he's up to 215 lbs but is looking to play at about 205 lbs this year without any drop off in speed. If that's the case, he's going to be a beast this year.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

That info is correct. Dez and Barker are a load. Jake is a good quarterback, you can trust me on this. I have watched him and am very impressed. Our tight ends are the best in the area and our line is stronger and deeper than its been in years. Can't wait for this season. Should be a good one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

All these lofty expectations. Really puts the pressure on Vass.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Westfan wrote:All these lofty expectations. Really puts the pressure on Vass.
Coach Vass has a lot of talent to work with this year that's for sure.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm ready to see a deep playoff run again myself. but all I'm concerned with right now is winning the 1st one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd rather see him at the 215, for college scouts. that should not much of a difference. esp. if muscled up.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I know there are a few kids on the roster who have good offers. One under classman just this past weekend was asked to visit a big 10 university and stand on their sidelines during the Buckeyes game. The coaches are understanding what it takes to win. Hopefully there will be no injuries so these kids can get a full season in. If so, this might be the year Ironton gets #3. That being said, it takes a lot more than talent to get there. Hopefully we see a large team turnout this year. It looks like Ironton could have a freshman team this season too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's good news about the frosh. love to see a strong frosh, and jv team developing in the mean time. one thing we can take some comfort in is we don't have these huge Columbus powerhouses week after week. with no time for physical recovery. no knock on other teams on the schedule, but unless you played these folks, you'd not understand how deep they are. and how they can platoon.switching out entire lines and what have you.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

IBTT wrote:...this might be the year Ironton gets #3. That being said, it takes a lot more than talent to get there...
There aren't a whole lot of things I'd like to see more than Ironton get a 3rd state title in football. But yes, it does take more than talent to do it. As Ironton fans know, there have been some teams over the years that were good enough ("talent-wise") to win it all, but didn't.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Westfan wrote:All these lofty expectations. Really puts the pressure on Vass.
Pressure is when you don't have a lot of talent and everybody else does. Too bad you don't know the difference. Have to do it to understand that I figure. :122245

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Well said. And yes we have had probably more teams capable of winning state championships that didn't than any team in Ohio. I would bet my house on it. Hopefully this is a year that we get at least one of those and that one happens to be favorable!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if those teams had only had more of a threat of a passing game and a more diverse offense. hard telling how many we would have had. but then we are also talking about the winningest high school football coach in the state of ohio though in bob lutz. our downfall in most of the state games was people loading the box up , and continuing to try to run, in my opinion. not to mention how many of these catholic powerhouses we met through the years in these games. but how many teams can say they have a title, let alone 2. and we've probably been in the title game close to 9/10 times.

Return to “Football”