Re: Valley football 2013

Post by Hitops2.0 »

[quote="izladoom"]Anyone know if the 7 on 7 is at valley tomorrow?[/quote

Yes it is @ Valley @ approx 6 pm

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Just got home from the 7 on 7. Rolfe looked excellent he was on target all night. He throws the deep ball better than any of the recent qbs. The receivers got open all night but dropped way to many passes but all four teams had that problem. My only concern about Rolfe is he looked so bored out there. Just stood around kinda away from the rest of the team when he was not in. It might just been because its only a 7 on 7. It was nice they added northwest to it to but man are they bad. Everyone just had their way with them all night.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

How good of a runner is Rolfe? I have only seen him in garbage time last year and the 7om7. I know he also plays safety so I assume he is pretty athletic. He looked fast on the basketball court.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

izladoom wrote:How good of a runner is Rolfe? I have only seen him in garbage time last year and the 7om7. I know he also plays safety so I assume he is pretty athletic. He looked fast on the basketball court.
He has always been a very good runner. I have watched him play pee wee on up to freshman last year and he was always very good and dangerous outside of the pocket. I would consider him a dual threat. Very similar to blake yates. Dont think he is as quick yet with his feet, but is bigger and probably has a better arm.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

They looked real good tonight. They didn't have all the drops like the other day. The relievers got open all day. They struggled covering the deep ball. I really hope we are more balanced this year.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

nutronron2012 wrote:According to this, the game against Van Buren will be on Saturday. That makes sense because as Coop said, Van Buren has a long haul. They are coming from almost Toledo.
http://schedules.myohsaa.org/SchoolHome ... ty/9/2013/

OHSAA has the game site as "tba". I heard from a friend that his may be played in Columbus area. Anybody heard anything on this

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

blue53 wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:According to this, the game against Van Buren will be on Saturday. That makes sense because as Coop said, Van Buren has a long haul. They are coming from almost Toledo.
http://schedules.myohsaa.org/SchoolHome ... ty/9/2013/

OHSAA has the game site as "tba". I heard from a friend that his may be played in Columbus area. Anybody heard anything on this
yes they are currently looking at a Columbus area facility

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

According to sources who wish to remain anonymous ....the week 2 game Lucasville Valley vs Van Buren will be played at Hilliard -Darby HS .....that is all

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

HItops wrote:According to sources who wish to remain anonymous ....the week 2 game Lucasville Valley vs Van Buren will be played at Hilliard -Darby HS .....that is all
I think that is grass too. Would rather play on a faster surface

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I had heard Hilliard Bradley. Bradley makes more sense in that it is a turf surface and the host school doesn't get their field tore up.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I'm really looking forward to this year's Valley team. This game is a little early in the season but should go a long way towards preparing Valley for a long playoff run. If Valley can stay healthy it might be a great year for Valley sports. They have done things the right way.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Crab's brother wrote:I had heard Hilliard Bradley. Bradley makes more sense in that it is a turf surface and the host school doesn't get their field tore up.

crab's that's why my source is anonymous ...he's
Not right most of the time ...haha .... You could be right too .... the hilliards are
Confusing

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

BB #26 wrote:I'm really looking forward to this year's Valley team. This game is a little early in the season but should go a long way towards preparing Valley for a long playoff run. If Valley can stay healthy it might be a great year for Valley sports. They have done things the right way.

ME TOO !

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I have family that lives in Hilliard so this works out great for me. Anyone know anything about van buren I can't find much info about them.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Crab's brother wrote:I had heard Hilliard Bradley. Bradley makes more sense in that it is a turf surface and the host school doesn't get their field tore up.
I asked all the players at the alumni game and they all said west Jeff??

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Alitown wrote:
I asked all the players at the alumni game and they all said west Jeff??
well we could just call up gene smith and urban and get the shoe and settle this once and for all ....crab's brother can make the call and get it done

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Van Buren is going to bring a tough defense and a strong front, they will throw the pill around but last year they used the fb and a strong out side game. You guys should get a W, but it will be a great game if both show up to play

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

ok I got a confirmation from my source and the week 2 game Lucasville Valley vs Van Buren is going to be at Hilliard Bradley HS ...so once again crab's brother is correct ....I give up ....I can't scoop him on anything valley ..I'm retiring as trying to be the all things valley guy ....I'm taking my keypad and going home ....

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Looking at pics of the school it's nice just your normal field turf and simple stadium

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

For those of you interested ... The intrasquad scrimmage is Saturday morning around 8 am

Return to “Football”