SEOP / E A Home Supply Pickem State Championship

sprinter14
Varsity

SEOP / E A Home Supply Pickem State Championship

Post by sprinter14 »

Cats & Bucks and Fuzzhead square off in the championship showdown!

Please PM your picks to me by Friday morning at 10:00 am - that's one hour prior to kickoff of the first game.

The tie-breaker (if needed) is the D-I game (Whitmer vs Moeller) - total game points - please post your prediction next to your pick

Here are the games - in order they will be played

D-6) Newark Catholic vs Maria Stein Marion Local
D-4) St. Clairsville vs Clinton Massie
D-2) Toledo Central Catholic vs Trotwood Madison
D-3) Akron St. Vincent St. Mary vs Bellevue
D-5) Kirtland vs Coldwater
D-1) Toledo Whitmer vs Cincinnati Moeller (total score guess?)

sprinter14
Varsity

Re: SEOP / E A Home Supply Pickem State Championship

Post by sprinter14 »

Both of our finalists have picked the same 6 teams - it will now be decided by the number of points scored in the D-I game tomorrow night. If the total score is 51 (we have guesses of 50 and 52) then the champion will be decided by a hot dog eating contest .......... okay I'm joking. I'm just hoping 51 isn't the final answer!!

Cats & Bucks

D-6) Maria Stein Marion Local
D-4) Clinton Massie
D-2) Trotwood Madison
D-3) Akron St. Vincent St. Mary
D-5) Coldwater
D-1) Toledo Whitmer --52 points
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

Fuzzhead

D-6) Maria Stein Marion Local
D-4) Clinton Massie
D-2) Trotwood Madison
D-3) Akron St. Vincent St. Mary
D-5) Coldwater
D-1) Toledo Whitmer (50 pts)

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

27-24 sounds like a great final :)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Looks like Fuzzhead wins with his 50 point total in the DI game. Moeller won 20-12 for 32 total points and they both picked the same teams.

Congrats to Fuzzhead on taking the title this year!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to fuzzhead!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Thanks guys! I've never come remotely close to winning the playoffs. I won the regular season a couple of years ago and last year I didn't play at all because I forgot to make picks in week 2. I love Ohio High School football and I'm grateful to sprinter14 for taking the time each week to trudge through all of our picks and keep score throughout the year. I'm sad to see the season end and I look forward to talking about next season for the next 9 months and then getting to do it all over again next year.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound "Miss America"-esque. I'll just finsh with... World Peace. :oops:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

fuzzhead wrote:Thanks guys! I've never come remotely close to winning the playoffs. I won the regular season a couple of years ago and last year I didn't play at all because I forgot to make picks in week 2. I love Ohio High School football and I'm grateful to sprinter14 for taking the time each week to trudge through all of our picks and keep score throughout the year. I'm sad to see the season end and I look forward to talking about next season for the next 9 months and then getting to do it all over again next year.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound "Miss America"-esque. I'll just finsh with... World Peace. :oops:

Congrats, fuzzhead! I think you are the first person to ever win BOTH a regular season title AND a playoff title.

I won the playoffs three times, but have never won a regular season title. So congrats on being the first person to have won both!

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Guys, I really do enjoy the contest too. The first week is always the toughest for me to get in the swing of things. Week #2 is always tough too because I have to start adding up everyone's totals for the year. From week #3 on, we lost 5 or 6 people each week, so it kept getting easier.

Anyway, Congrats Fuzzhead!! Send me your info in a PM and also, my top 3 from the regular season, I need your names and addresses so I can get checks out to our winners.

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

Congrats Fuzzhead on a great year of picks! Thanks Sprinter14 for all you do I pretty much suck at it but I have a great time each year with some rival friends playing the game.
See ya'll next year!

Return to “Football”