Logan Football 2013

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Logan Football 2013

Post by C-Bolt »

1987chieftains wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:just a spark of fun/fantasy here to lighten things up.....
what is 1 name that that could really light a fire into logan football??
this person has never coached hs football, but has played in the nfl and for osu.......
problaby would never coach hs football. but man!! wouldnt it be great!! i think the kids would line up to play for him.
BOBBY CARPENTER, imagine the rivialry, logan vs lancaster, son vs dad.
Bet there wouldn't be as many missed tackles then.Word is he wants that Lancaster job when daddy retires, but what better way to get your feet wet until he's ready,that's an interesting thought :aaaaa46

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

C-Bolt wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:just a spark of fun/fantasy here to lighten things up.....
what is 1 name that that could really light a fire into logan football??
this person has never coached hs football, but has played in the nfl and for osu.......
problaby would never coach hs football. but man!! wouldnt it be great!! i think the kids would line up to play for him.
BOBBY CARPENTER, imagine the rivialry, logan vs lancaster, son vs dad.
Bet there wouldn't be as many missed tackles then.Word is he wants that Lancaster job when daddy retires, but what better way to get your feet wet until he's ready,that's an interesting thought :aaaaa46
So you willing to be the learning curve for Bobby? Dont you think the kids at Logan deserve a long term solution.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Keep Looking, Don't think that will happen. :aaaaa12

justsayn22
Waterboy

Post by justsayn22 »

I keep hearing Penrod over and over. Does anyone have any info on him? He is awfully young.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

how long has penrod been at gallia or how much experience does he have? just bc he ran the off. doesnt mean hes a good hc. coach wolfe ran the off for amex and was at logan for yrs....
this also is a very good guess..... janey is from gallia...... i would hope we would look for someone with no ties to anyone at, from, or was logan at all.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I agree. Just my opinion, it would be best to hire from outside the Logan bubble.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Could the new coach be working in Athens Co. right now?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

dazed&confused wrote:Could the new coach be working in Athens Co. right now?
alexander hc?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote:how long has penrod been at gallia or how much experience does he have? just bc he ran the off. doesnt mean hes a good hc. coach wolfe ran the off for amex and was at logan for yrs....
this also is a very good guess..... janey is from gallia...... i would hope we would look for someone with no ties to anyone at, from, or was logan at all.
I don't know that anyone is considering Coach Penrod for a head coaching position. He might be a little young for that. I have no doubt he'll be a head coach one day, and he'll be a darn good one too.

Penrod has been at Gallipolis for the last 5-6 years, coaching the freshmen team, coaching special teams, and for the last two years as the defensive coordinator. He is a former Chieftain quarterback and led Logan to an undefeated season in 2001 which included the first ever home playoff game. He say behind Joey Conrad prior to that.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

They need to bring in someone with no connections to the school system or the district! I will go one step further we need a total change from most coaches to uniforms/helmets(white with 2 purple stripes down the middle and Chieftain head on the sides of the helmet) and conditioning!

justsayn22
Waterboy

Post by justsayn22 »

1987chieftains wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:Could the new coach be working in Athens Co. right now?
alexander hc?
Any info on the Alexander coach? Does he have experience in turning a program around? Where is he originally from?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thought I heard somewhere him and Wolfe were teammates in college.He has had a few successful season down there but they have struggled as of late.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Arno took the Alexander program from the TVC doormat and they won a league title and beat NY for the first time in 20 years. They had a few playoff runs as well.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Logan grad wrote:Arno took the Alexander program from the TVC doormat and they won a league title and beat NY for the first time in 20 years. They had a few playoff runs as well.
They did beat NY but settled for 3rd behind an Ny/Athens tie for first.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Thanks for clarifying. I forgot they tied. Alexander's record the past 6 seasons:
2012- 4-6
2011- 7-3
2010- 8-2 (Made Playoffs)
2009- 8-2 (Made Playoffs)
2008- 4-6
2007- 3-7

justsayn22
Waterboy

Post by justsayn22 »

The job is posted on the school district's website now, for internal interested applicants. At least the process is started!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

The coach at Johnstown would be an outstanding head coach for the Logan program! We need some one who is a proven winner!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What some info on him.

The few that have said this coach would be good--do you think he has a chance coming here and if so why.

Right off I don't know much about him.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Not many coaches can afford to switch schools especially in today's economic atmostphere. If the coach has any tenure built up how can they afford to leave for no job security. Logan just fired one of their own. Doesn't make the job very attractive

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:What some info on him.

The few that have said this coach would be good--do you think he has a chance coming here and if so why.

Right off I don't know much about him.
Coach Carter has been at Johnstown Monroe as head ccoach since 2004 and has a record of 66-25. At Johnstown he is the AD and dean of students. He lived in Nelsonville until the age of 12 then moved to Waterford and graduate from Waterford in 1982 and from Otterbein in 1987. He stated coaching at Westerville North then at Ohio Wesleyan and at DeSales and Head Coach at Johnstown since.

This is a brief overview of Mike Carter.

Return to “Football”