#7 Hillsdale (7-3) @ #2 Oak Hill (8-2)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: #7 Hillsdale (7-3) @ #2 Oak Hill (8-2)

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think it would be nice to see the visiting team put up for the night after the game.

I am sure they are going to get out of school early on Friday with that much travel time, but put them up after the game. Let them drive back early Saturday (or Sunday) depending on the night they play.

Too many drunks, deer and dummies out there on the roads that late at night. Just a bad situation driving that far back that late.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Cal Preps has it 28-21 Hillsdale

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Bleeding Red wrote:I think it would be nice to see the visiting team put up for the night after the game.

I am sure they are going to get out of school early on Friday with that much travel time, but put them up after the game. Let them drive back early Saturday (or Sunday) depending on the night they play.

Too many drunks, deer and dummies out there on the roads that late at night. Just a bad situation driving that far back that late.
Agree, but it wont happen. Too much money. Good luck Oaks!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

demaniac1 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I think it would be nice to see the visiting team put up for the night after the game.

Agree, but it wont happen. Too much money. Good luck Oaks!!
I agree.....OHSAA would never foot the bill for it. But it is the most logical solution.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Good Luck Oaks....From the SV Vikings!!!!

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I wouldnt be over confident in this one Oak fans. It was just a couple years ago Hillsdale rattled off a couple wins and made it to the Regional Finals in a much much tougher region 18. I am not saying Oak HIll wont win but HIllsdale has playoff history and playoff success. I have no idea how Hillsdale is this year, I just remember them rattling off 2 wins and giving Lima Central Catholic eveyrthing it handle a couple years back in the REgional Finals. Good Luck to both teams

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Tickets will be available during school hours 8:00-2:30 Wednesday-Friday. Also available Thursday evening from 6:00-8:00 at the high school. Tickets are $7.00.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

good luck oaks, do the SOC proud

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Oak Hill has play off experience also, this is not their first rodeo. Some of these kids were part of that experience, playing on one of those teams that made it to the Regional final. I have seen Hillsdale on film and the Oaks can more than compete with them. As you have done all year do not listen to the B.S. and play like your capable of playing and they will have their hands full. Good luck Oaks!

Go Falcons1
Waterboy

Post by Go Falcons1 »

We are looking forward to the trip down. Hillsdale has made long hauls before. This years team is not as good as the '10 team mentioned earlier by someone but they should bring a good fight. Drew Pasteur has Hillsdale's strength of schedule as 42 in DV and Oak Hill's as 99.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Charles Farquar wrote:Oak Hill has play off experience also, this is not their first rodeo. Some of these kids were part of that experience, playing on one of those teams that made it to the Regional final. I have seen Hillsdale on film and the Oaks can more than compete with them. As you have done all year do not listen to the B.S. and play like your capable of playing and they will have their hands full. Good luck Oaks!
Out of curiosity, how many kids on this year's Oak Hill squad got playing time in the playoffs a couple of years ago? I remember that being a senior-laden team, but I can't remember if any of the current upper-classmen received some significant playing time as under-classmen back then.

Best of luck to the Oaks!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Back in 1981, Burg played a team from New Haven, IN and after the game the team spent the night in the gym. I can't remember if they had cots put up or if the team brought sleeping bags and slept on mats, so thats coould be an option for teams with that far of a drive.

I know West Lafayette Ridgewood had traveled down here something like 4 years in a row, twice to Wheelersburg. They had a long drive also.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Devon Davis started Fullback and Inside Linebacker on that Oakhill team and Wes Harden got a significant amount of playing time also at inside linebacker as sophmores.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK OAKS.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Good Luck Oaks.

This will be the first graduating class at Oak Hill to have appeared in the playoffs three times in its career, I believe...

Not too bad.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

You believe correctly since this is the only the third time making the playoffs ever.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

MOF my old friend, hope things are going well with y'all down at the Hill.

What a great job by the coaches this year. Hope this Week 11 follows historical suit.

Take care, keep keeping it real and good luck Saturday.

I'll see you around.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

The Tomcats from Trimble are pulling for you all tonight. We are also very proud of coach dugan and his team on a great league title and playoff appearance. Now Oaks keep the train rolling.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TO THE MIGHTY OAKS OF OAK HILL, I HOPE A MIGHTY OAK FALLS UPON HILLSDALE TONIGHT, IN THE LAND OF LEAVES.CONGRATULATIONS ON ANOTHER FINE YEAR OF FOOTBALL. EXCITING TIMES IN THE SOC AND GREAT REPRESENTATION.WHOEVER WINS , WE STILL WILL BE SEEING LOCAL TEAMS AGAINST EACH OTHER. ANOTHER FINE YEAR OF FOOTBALL YA'LL PUT TOGETHER. GO OAKS.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Is this on the radio or being streamed on the net? Or is anyone going to do updates?

Return to “Football”