#7 Liberty Union Lions (8-2) @ #3 Wheelersburg Pirates(8-2

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Re: #7 Liberty Union Lions (8-2) @ #3 Wheelersburg Pirates(8

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

I would be completely shocked if it wasn’t a big crowd, out of town team coming in and the Valley/Coal Grove game isn’t near as big as this. Expect a Big crowd.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

callie11 wrote:It won't be that crowded.

Why wouldn't it be a big crowd? Burg has a great following, home or away and from what I remember in 08, LU brings a nice crowd also.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Expect a HUGE crowd. When we payed LU at home in 2000....they brought a lot of people. Burg will pack it in as well.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

chicken_coop wrote:Expect a HUGE crowd. When we payed LU at home in 2000....they brought a lot of people. Burg will pack it in as well.
Burg side will be packed along with all the HIllsiders!!! Ill be on the visitors side atop the HILL!! One of the HILLSIDERS!! Been there for MANY a playoff game at the BURG!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

callie11 wrote:It won't be that crowded.
Im sure not where u will be sitting! Maybe Mom will be sitting next to you while u listen to the game on the radio!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Good luck to Rob and his Pirates tonite, I wish them the best!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES TONIGHT, I HOPE YOU WEAR THAT DANG CANNON OUT IN THE CROW'S NEST.I HOPE THAT THING BLOWS ALL NIGHT FOR YA'LL.WOULD LOVE TO SEE YA'LL ADVANCE AND PLAY OAK HILL, GROVE OR VALLEY.ALOT OF LOCAL FLAVOR IN D5 FROM HERE. AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL YA'LL.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

looks like pirates are too frustrated and can't handle LU???? Burg atleast are passing the ball but to bad they aren't catching to many :( I just don't know what's happening to them these past 3 games???????

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

LU leads 24-7 with 9 minutes left.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

24-13 LU winning 5:53 in the fourth quarter " Come on Pirates" WIN THIS GAME!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

24-13 burg scored

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

The Better team won!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg got back to what they do best with 53 pass attempts, the pick 6 was the backbreaker.

Liberty Union 24
Burg 13

Final

Great Season Burg!

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Great season Wheelersburg, you have a lot to be proud about and a lot of motivation to bring back next year with all the juniors you are bringing back.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Good season Pirates! Lets work hard another off season and go undefeated next year! We will have the team, talent, experience, coaching, and a year to get more size and strength to win a state title again! GO PIRATES!!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Great season by the Pirates. Thanks for a very exciting year.

Congrats to the Lions on the win. The Burg had no answer for the tough running game of #20 and had absolutely no running game of their own. Had to rely way to much on the pass.

One other thing. I must say I was very disappointed in the crowd tonight. Lots of empty seats on the home side and hardly any Burg fans on the hill. What has become of the Burg fans of old that would fill that stadium to the max regardless of the weather. Very pathetic showing by the home crowd.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great season Burg.

Need to figure out how to run the ball next year or every team they play will do exactly what LU did tonight and send the house on every play. KInd of hard to set up and throw when 7 defensive players are chasing you. Play calling needs to get better. Didn't need to try and throw the deep pass as much as they did, especially in the first half. They were giving the Burg the middle of the field all night.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

The bottom line is we have been beat up front on the offensive line all season. You can manipulate football with skill kids and spread formations all day but in reality it all comes back to the line of scrimmage. That is why we started this pass happy offense because we couldn't dominate or compete up front. I am not taking away from the senior O-lineman and the coaching schemes this year but in reality we just didn't have the hogs up front on the O-line! The D-line excelled with there quickness and swarming D but our linebacker play was weak and couldn't fill a hole all season! The O-line and linebackers is where we were weak this season and with hard work in the off season and player development we have a bright future ahead! Keep your head up and congratulations to the seniors for a great season.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Well, what a difference against a running team when u put some beef up front on the defensive line. Staggs has been a thorn in the side of Burg with his undisciplined antics but the kid can flat out play. And #71 was also a beast on the Dline. I dont take anything away from the kids that have played the position all year, But it just goes to show that a bigger Dline will make it harder for the opposing offensive line to block (when they are a running team!) and when Staggs is continually in the backfield on every play, their running game went down hill. The 64 yard pass to #20 was a back breaker IMO. Nice pass and actually good coverage by #42 but it was just perfect. The Sweep by LU was very good. They got a big lineman pulling out and our DE's did a great job turning it in but the LBs were no where to be found because they got to them and sealed them off. That bigger Dline would have helped Burg occupy those blockers and given those LBs a chance to fill the hole. I think Burg did a good job in the offensive play calling. I thought dink and dunk would have been better but overall the play calling was ok. Eddie was alil off on his passing tonight. Instead of sharp throws, he was lofting them alot. I do understand he was pressured alot, especially from the left side of the offense. LU was getting that blitzer thru most downs. And the football was wet, sure that didnt help. I would love to have seen an inside screen once to make that stop. LU has the atheletes to play anyone in this region. Prob is they dont have a passing game per say to go along with that running game. Oh well, thank u SENIORS. You guys made it one heck of a year! Great season in that nobody thought the Burg would do as good as we did with the youth we have. Excellent leadership and I hope the Ju's and Sophs take that to the next level next year!

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Great season by the Pirates. Thanks for a very exciting year.

Congrats to the Lions on the win. The Burg had no answer for the tough running game of #20 and had absolutely no running game of their own. Had to rely way to much on the pass.

One other thing. I must say I was very disappointed in the crowd tonight. Lots of empty seats on the home side and hardly any Burg fans on the hill. What has become of the Burg fans of old that would fill that stadium to the max regardless of the weather. Very pathetic showing by the home crowd.

Valley's game against Coal Grove was pretty pathetic turnout compared to last years home playoff game (less than half as much I would estimate)... maybe the economy + ticket prices are finally catching up to OHSAA?

Return to “Football”