Reedsville Eastern to forfeit games???

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Reedsville Eastern to forfeit games???

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

From what I have heard this should be over turned and the wins should stand.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

I agree mtswngrvsg. Looks like Eastern's situation is the same as the other two schools. Back to 6-3.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

It looks like we're going to get them back

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Good.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

If we do it probably won't be in time to get us back in the playoffs

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Pammy just loves boys sports

deepthreat2012
Waterboy

Post by deepthreat2012 »

Give these kids there wins back!!!!!!!!!! Fine the Coach and Admin. that let this happen.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

This is great news, and I am glad to see the OHSAA do what is right. The message to other schools is, if the player can help you smart money says play him, then pony up the 100 bucks later. Better to get the wins and get in the playoffs than to hold the player out till all the red tape clears. Looks like Pam comes out smelling like a rose again. Shame on you doubters. :12224

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Steegal wrote:This is great news, and I am glad to see the OHSAA do what is right. The message to other schools is, if the player can help you smart money says play him, then pony up the 100 bucks later. Better to get the wins and get in the playoffs than to hold the player out till all the red tape clears. Looks like Pam comes out smelling like a rose again. Shame on you doubters. :12224
the child in question is not a starter and only played 3-4 downs a game.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

So, is this for sure being overturned, or is people just saying that it "should be" overturned? Will it be done in time for the playoffs?

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

supermama wrote:
Steegal wrote:This is great news, and I am glad to see the OHSAA do what is right. The message to other schools is, if the player can help you smart money says play him, then pony up the 100 bucks later. Better to get the wins and get in the playoffs than to hold the player out till all the red tape clears. Looks like Pam comes out smelling like a rose again. Shame on you doubters. :12224
So what does that have to do with anything? The OHSAA is still doing the right thing. :12224

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Steegal wrote:
supermama wrote:
So what does that have to do with anything? The OHSAA is still doing the right thing. :12224
Read the article in today's paper. OHSAA has not been consistent. The other programs listed just paid 100.00 fines and didn't forfeit any games for the same paperwork violation.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

If it does get overturned it probably won't be in time. All we ask for is consistency by the ohsaa

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I may be a Tornado, bleed purple and gold, but this is sad to hear. I hate to hear this happen to anyone, even if it is a rival school, i know a few boys personally, heartbreaking.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

From what I have heard if it does get overturned it will not be until next week after the playoff brackets are already out. I hope the boys go out and play hard and get a W saturday night over a hated rival. I would be shocked if they over turned the decision before Sunday, but that is just me. I don't think anyone has any clue what is going on besides the 3 powers that be which is Mr. Gheen, Mr. Bush, and Ms. Douthitt

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Being a Trimble fan I hope seeds 8 and 9 both loss so, that Eastern can have a shot at the playoffs. The only losers in this situation is the players. So what if the paperwork was incorrect for a player. He isn't even a starter. Let the boys play and take pride in a season that they have rightfully earned. OHSAA needs to step it up and reverse the ruling before the playoffs.

Trimble last year got screwed out of a home game because one game they was suppose to play got cancelled because the other school had a bad case of meningitis. So because Trimble wouldn't travel there they got charged with a forfeit.

Good luck to Eastern friday night as they take on the Tornadoes. I hope they players keep there heads held high because they deserve to be proud of the amazing season they are having.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We went through this a few years ago at NY....Kid played 5 plays in 2 blowouts and we got screwed..

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Really, this sounds like St John Central of Bellaire all over again. it's the paperwork that didn't get filled out right. I'm sayin' Eastern is back to 4-5.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

No playoffs for Eastern, but we WILL fight for our wins

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

What did the board say?

Return to “Football”