Week 10 Whelersburg @ West

Who wins

Total votes: 0

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 10 Whelersburg @ West

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

With the way Bricker ran the ball against burg, he had 137 yards on 20 carries i think, and kouns alao had a few nice runs, them two should give the fans a show next year

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

What was the deal with all the fumbles this year? Seemed like we had 3 years worth. That has to be corrected.

Bricker is a good athlete, but we have so many running backs. I think he may be better in the slot. Use him like burg used claxon. Bring him around on some jet sweeps and receiver screens. He needs the ball in space. Or they could put kouns in that role. Whatever they do, kouns needs the ball more. He's electric in the open field.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I think Coach T will take West next years to a new level. The Junior class has some good football ball players. I think that is what the Senior classed lacked this year were true football players. Good weight lifters do not always equal good football players. I don't want to bash kids I just think football players are sometimes just born to be players. There also could be changes in the Coaching Staff next year with some reasonability shifting to other Coaches.

Positive things I seen this year:

QB getting better - Needs to work on his short game
Number 24/11 becoming good runners. The 9th and 10th grade classes have some speed
Howell boys started playing ball - Both need to get in the weight room and improve their overall speed, could be a real force next year
White, Speck, Welch, Thompson, Reynolds, & Davis - Some good experience linemen coming back
Secondary a year older - Losing one player from this year’s team
9 and 10th grade - Have good numbers
Defensive changes - Being able to play both a 5-2 and a 4-2-5
Something that most fans forget about improvements in special teams. The games I have been able to see or hear on the Radio special teams always out played the other team.
The last thing will be the Leadership of the Junior class and Coaching changes.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

siderman wrote:What was the deal with all the fumbles this year? Seemed like we had 3 years worth. That has to be corrected.

Bricker is a good athlete, but we have so many running backs. I think he may be better in the slot. Use him like burg used claxon. Bring him around on some jet sweeps and receiver screens. He needs the ball in space. Or they could put kouns in that role. Whatever they do, kouns needs the ball more. He's electric in the open field.

You are so much smarter than all the coaches put together! So much to comment on, not worth it.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

dreamweaver wrote:
siderman wrote:What was the deal with all the fumbles this year? Seemed like we had 3 years worth. That has to be corrected.

You are so much smarter than all the coaches put together! So much to comment on, not worth it.
:roll: :roll: :roll: This has to be a coach or good friend of a coach, because every time Siderman or anyone starts to say anything that makes sense about the West football team, dreamweaver (LOL what a name btw) has some smart a$$ comment to make. Anyhow, old news...It's Playoff Time!! :122249

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

You both keep getting smarter! lol We are all amazed at your talent.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

They are brilliant weaver.lmao

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

dreamweaver wrote:

Have at it. We've got at least 8 months.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Whew getting cocky now are we? :roll:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

game day wrote:I think Coach T will take West next years to a new level. The Junior class has some good football ball players. I think that is what the Senior classed lacked this year were true football players. Good weight lifters do not always equal good football players. I don't want to bash kids I just think football players are sometimes just born to be players. There also could be changes in the Coaching Staff next year with some reasonability shifting to other Coaches.

Number 24/11 becoming good runners. The 9th and 10th grade classes have some speed
Howell boys started playing ball - Both need to get in the weight room and improve their overall speed, could be a real force next year
White, Speck, Welch, Thompson, Reynolds, & Davis - Some good experience linemen coming back
Something that most fans forget about improvements in special teams. The games I have been able to see or hear on the Radio special teams always out played the other team.
What coaching changes occured?

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

I also think that will be a positive change, is the up coming Junior class is more natural born god gifted players. No freaks in the weight room like the former seniors, but better all around players. Another stronger point will be the leadership. I noticed through out the year this was a big point where we lacked. Leadership doesn't mean getting out there screaming and yelling at people, it means set the example. Step up when it is crunch time, when the momentum has swung, and lastly when something bad happens do not hang your heads. I see several candidates in the upcoming group that could do better at that.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Chillicothe was a one year deal wasn't it? Who did we fill that spot with?

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

siderman wrote:Chillicothe was a one year deal wasn't it? Who did we fill that spot with?
I have been asking around about that too but nobody has had an answer yet

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sider wrote:This game and this season seems very to familiar the 2007 season. We had few seniors, a lot of juniors, and a lot of hype which was never lived up to. However, We went 4-6 and had a good showing against burg the last game of the season. the losing season lit a fire under the team and the next year they went undefeated. Sometimes seasons like this are good to get rid complacency. West might not run the gauntlet, but I expect inprovment next year. Good luck west and good luck to burg in the playoffs. I and many other west siders would love to see you all get another shot at valley.
On an average game this season, Burgs offense starts 2 soph, 6 Jrs and 3 Srs. Defense starts 1 Soph, 5 Srs and 5 Jrs. One thing NOBODY said all offseason was how good this Pirate team has become. Everyone was touting West. Im really not sure why that was either. West lost a great Oline and I figured they would have a rebuilding yr. But by no means is Burg a Senior laden team that some are suggesting on here. Not you in particular Siderman. Our senior class from last yr, along with those Jrs who are now seniors, were the lowest attendance classes in Burg for some time. As u look at our rosters now, there are many Jrs, Sophs and a Frosh class that number wise, are very good! And from what I hear, the 7th and 8th grade had good turnout.

As for improvement, I see West definitly improved over the course of this season alone! With Minford, Valley Burg and West bringing back many starters, next yr is gonna be a Monster year!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

demaniac1 wrote:
sider wrote:This game and this season seems very to familiar the 2007 season. We had few seniors, a lot of juniors, and a lot of hype which was never lived up to. However, We went 4-6 and had a good showing against burg the last game of the season. the losing season lit a fire under the team and the next year they went undefeated. Sometimes seasons like this are good to get rid complacency. West might not run the gauntlet, but I expect inprovment next year. Good luck west and good luck to burg in the playoffs. I and many other west siders would love to see you all get another shot at valley.
On an average game this season, Burgs offense starts 2 soph, 6 Jrs and 3 Srs. Defense starts 1 Soph, 5 Srs and 5 Jrs. One thing NOBODY said all offseason was how good this Pirate team has become. Everyone was touting West. Im really not sure why that was either. West lost a great Oline and I figured they would have a rebuilding yr. But by no means is Burg a Senior laden team that some are suggesting on here. Not you in particular Siderman. Our senior class from last yr, along with those Jrs who are now seniors, were the lowest attendance classes in Burg for some time. As u look at our rosters now, there are many Jrs, Sophs and a Frosh class that number wise, are very good! And from what I hear, the 7th and 8th grade had good turnout.

As for improvement, I see West definitly improved over the course of this season alone! With Minford, Valley Burg and West bringing back many starters, next yr is gonna be a Monster year!!
All the SOC 2 teams were young this year. League will be improved and probably more balanced next year.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

May be the most competitive in a long time

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

game day wrote:I think Coach T will take West next years to a new level. The Junior class has some good football ball players. I think that is what the Senior classed lacked this year were true football players. Good weight lifters do not always equal good football players. I don't want to bash kids I just think football players are sometimes just born to be players. There also could be changes in the Coaching Staff next year with some reasonability shifting to other Coaches.

Special teams? Are you kidding? Consistently putting in the wrong personnel, calling timeouts to readjust, and there are a lot of other fundamental mistakes. The coaching for special teams could sure use some readjustments because this years special teams imo was lackluster at best.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Wow, and you people wonder why West has the rep it has. So many Chiefs! Critics are a dime a dozen. Not really referring to any of you in particular, just the overall read.

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

I heard that West will replace Chillicothe with Baltimore Liberty Union.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sider_PC wrote:I heard that West will replace Chillicothe with Baltimore Liberty Union.
Interesting. More reason to go to the burg game Saturday.

Return to “Football”