Waterboy

Re: Week 10 Whelersburg @ West

Post by WildWestSider »

We got us a ball game on the West Side!

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Burg fumbles the kick return to start the 3rd quarter. West fumbles it back.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

21-6 burg

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Burg scores on two consecutive possessions. 21-6 Burg

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

Post by wheelersburg fan 89 »

Burg 42 West 20 final. any stats guys?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
WildWestSider wrote:
callie11 wrote:BG, I will be at home, I have no interest in seeing the Senators VS Pretenders
look at both teams records plus the burgs record against west and the total number of soc titles compared to west but yet we are pretenders
True, as you have more victories than most teams. But West is the only team to beat burg atleast 20 times, also have 2 ties. You guys are 33-20-2 all time. Take away the horrible years of the 90's and it's pretty dang close. Plus west has 15 SOC championship next in line behind burg and looking back In history how many SOC championships were decided by a touchdown between these 2 rivals. Sorry but your not that much greater..

That wasn't his point. Yes West is and has been a great program and our biggest rival over the years, no denying that. His point was, we are definitely not "pretenders". You don't win all those SOC titles and a state championship if you are a pretender.[/quote]

Isn't the callie guy from Burg? He was on the bandwagon till they lost last week.

Anyway Wheelersburg won't find alot of love on the West Side, but they are respected. Everyone knows how good a program they have.

As for the game tonight. West played a heck of a half, then the wheels fell off. We needed a near perfect game and had too many fumbles and penalties.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West played a great game, no doubt about that. They moved the ball very well against the Burg. Their problem seemed to be they couldn't defend the pass very well which helped set up the long runs by Miller. Great ballgame as it always is between these two teams.

As for callie, I'm not sure it they are from the Burg or not. If he/she is then they are a fair weather fan and can stay home from now on.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West played well. I think we made a mistake going away from the power game to start the second half. Wheelersburg really didn't have an answer for it.

The defense, we are really young. Give way too much cushion, but you have to respect their speed.

Playing the 4 man front is new to us, and we still seem to have some adjustments to make scheme wise, but it is an improvement. In the second half Burg lined Pyles up more at TE and ran power. We should have swapped our defensive front more based on the formation to a strong and weak. Burg kept trapping the smaller end lined up over Pyles.

I really hope our staff takes a look into running our offense similar to burgs next year. Speed and quickness will be our strength.

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

why cant all west fans be like that?!?! last year all you heard was "DOMINATIOOOONNNNNNN!! WE ARE SUPERIOR ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!!" and now, the forums, she be quiet, except for siderman, who seems to be respectable and knos the game, and states what he see's *applause*

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

wheelersburg fan 89 wrote:why cant all west fans be like that?!?! last year all you heard was "DOMINATIOOOONNNNNNN!! WE ARE SUPERIOR ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!!" and now, the forums, she be quiet, except for siderman, who seems to be respectable and knos the game, and states what he see's *applause*
thanks. But you would be surprised, their are alot of good people on the West Side. Only takes one bad apple to ruin a bushel.

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

siderman wrote:
wheelersburg fan 89 wrote:why cant all west fans be like that?!?! last year all you heard was "DOMINATIOOOONNNNNNN!! WE ARE SUPERIOR ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!!" and now, the forums, she be quiet, except for siderman, who seems to be respectable and knos the game, and states what he see's *applause*
thanks. But you would be surprised, their are alot of good people on the West Side. Only takes one bad apple to ruin a bushel.
oh i dont doubt it, know some personally. but it seems as tho every area team has them certain individuals that run their mouth CONSTANT, and it seems as tho that alot of those people from the west area that fall into that category also have accounts on SEOPS :lol: but yea, we all got em

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Good game Sides! Next year its going to be a close one!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I wish I couldve been there sounded like a heck of a game. Listen to it on the radio that first fumble in the second half kind of derailed us. Just took to long to get back on track after that. Glad they played hard to the end of the game it would have been easy to just quit. Great game way to finish strong after the way the season started. Good luck to Burg and the other SOC schools next week in the playoffs.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Really enjoyed this game and didn't think I would. West played a great game. They beat themselves with fumbles and penalties. Good Luck in playoffs to Burg. Hats off to West. They have improved alot from last time I saw them. Anyone got stats?

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Good hard fought game. West straight up ran the ball down the Burg's throat the first half, I think they said Bricker kid had 90 some yards in the half. Burg finally put some size on the D-line in the 2nd. Wondering why they did not do this last week when Valley was doing the same.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This game and this season seems very to familiar the 2007 season. We had few seniors, a lot of juniors, and a lot of hype which was never lived up to. However, We went 4-6 and had a good showing against burg the last game of the season. the losing season lit a fire under the team and the next year they went undefeated. Sometimes seasons like this are good to get rid complacency. West might not run the gauntlet, but I expect inprovment next year. Good luck west and good luck to burg in the playoffs. I and many other west siders would love to see you all get another shot at valley.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This game has always been a dogfight, no matter the records. West had success in running the ball and Burg had success in passing the ball. Burg's defense tightened up when they needed. Eddie I think they said on the radio was 22-32 for 260 yards and 3 int's. Need to cut down on the int's. Otherwise looked really good on some passes. YAC was huge in the game also. Dylan Miller had a nice run for a TD after a short pass. That is what they need to do. Quit trying to throw the homerun ball and just use the short dump off passes and let the receivers do the rest of the work. All of Burg's receivers are capable of taking it to the house everytime they touch the ball. It was nice they threw to Austin May as he is a great athlete and can make things happen once he gets the ball. He had some nice runs after catching the ball on 2-3 passes. That just adds another weapon to that offense

I think Burg realized last night that they are a passing team. I still don't understand why they didn't throw the ball more last week. Oh well, hopefully that rematch happens in week 13 for a cahnce of one of them to go to the semi-finals.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

West had senior lineman Bennett out, kicker Dials out to major injury, senior back Crace out. Good job West with 5 seniors with actual playing time. Great experience for rest of team. Luck to Burg in post season.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

From defense that started last night we lost Frye, Meeker, and Scott.

From offense we lost Scott, Scott, Whisman, Frye, and Meeker. Crace played very little.

Good freshman class with Davis already starting. And we get Reynolds back. He and Davis should be great in the middle.

If they work hard in the offseason, we should have a good year.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

Next year should be a huge improvement. We was young and inexperienced, but that work as an advantage the following season. Work hard in the off season and it will be back to West Side football. The upcoming senior class is a good one. They might not have any speed demons besides Scott and Kouns but they will hit ya hard, an they play with more emotion. Impressed with Thompson at nose guard he is fast and strong if he can keep his grades up. And yeah some might have forgotten about Reynolds, being on the sideline the entire year but he could have changed some games this year on defense and will be ready to go come next year. Anxious to see him and Davis at linebacker, two big, head huntin linebackers

Return to “Football”