All State

Re: Week 10 Whelersburg @ West

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

Not saying west with the win, but nobody can count the siders out.. It's a huge rivalry game, Burg playing with a chip on their shoulder do to the loss against Valley and West playing with a chip on their shoulder do to their disappointing season. This game always has alot of history and emotion on the line. I don't care what the records of these teams are they are both gonna play hard. Plus burgs prolly still looking for payback for the game at Ed Miller last year. Them siders still have the Halloween Bowl Trophy..

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

What does Wheelersburg's Offense do best? Spread you out and distribute the ball all over the field, via pass, zone reads, etc. What does West's Defense do worst? Defend the spread and the pass. Be honest West fans, you guys are posting on it EVERY WEEK, and I've seen it first-hand twice.

When you add those two factors with the fact that Wheelersburg's defense flies to the ball and gang tackles when they get there, and West's offense is still searching for it's identity in Week 10...and I honestly believe it adds up to a Wheelersburg win. I'm not goin to predict a score, because I do believe that the West kids will play hard and try to compete. However, this West team just hasn't played with the same emotion I'm used to seeing from West teams in the past. Both times I watched West play this year, I just kept waiting for them to go to the next level (so to speak) emotionally and put a drive together along with a big stand defensively......but those moments just didn't develop. Instead, I ended up seeing some dejected kids that my heart went out to. I hope West rights the ship soon, I know there are a lot of talented kids coming up through their entire program.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Wheelersburg tried 18 passes last week. 18 passes?? Not this week! Throw, throw, throw! Then run!! Please!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

BUT, these are 2 young teams so Im not sure what will happen. Burg win secures a home playoff game first rd im sure! That and a win gets them a shot at a share of the SOC2 title if Minford pulls the upset! GO FALCONS, GO PIRATES!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

urban buck wrote:ahaha..it's the schizophrenic guy that isn't sure what team he is for! hes so smart. ;-)

Good Luck West but got to go with Burg this year.(much as I hate to)

:122249 thanks! Just like to keep ppl guessing, but I appreciate your concerns :122245

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

sooo smart!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

burg bigtime in this one.

siders still trying to figure out what they need to do to get better. that will have to wait till next year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Is the guy for wheelersburg that caused trouble in the minford and valley games going to play? If the stuff that was wrote on here is true, then he should have been thrown out or at the least sat by his coach.

That is the kind of behavior that West used to due that made us look bad and got us a bad reputation. If he was from West, it wouldn't have went over near as well as it has on here.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Siderman.........The clock had expired by 3-4 seconds when the cheap shot and the errant swing missed a Valley kid ,so doubt they suspended him unless the Burg coaching staff does ! And i am impressed with the way West has turned around the BAD BOY image play hard until the whistle blows anything beyond that is cheap and cowardly !! Good Luck against the Burg this Valley fan will be rooting for WEST !

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

That is one thing that has changed for sure. We no longer act like idiots on the field and kill ourselves with 15 yard penalties. It may take a few years for us to loose the rep if at all, but I am glad. Keep it between the whistles.

As far as the game. I would stick with the 4-2-5 and put Freye man to man or Miller the wide receiver. Play press coverage on him and try to take him away. Play zone with the rest. Would at least give us a puncher's chance.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

N B Heat wrote:Siderman.........The clock had expired by 3-4 seconds when the cheap shot and the errant swing missed a Valley kid ,so doubt they suspended him unless the Burg coaching staff does ! And i am impressed with the way West has turned around the BAD BOY image play hard until the whistle blows anything beyond that is cheap and cowardly !! Good Luck against the Burg this Valley fan will be rooting for WEST !

Even if this happened after the game was over the player should sit out 2 games. The adminstration should look into what happened and why at least.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

Burg is way too much for West. West just needs to play with pride and play hard every down. It's a down year out in the West Side. Nothing wrong with having a down year. You guys will be a great team again in the future.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

dreamer i enjoy watching and talking football. If you have a problem with what i say, don't read it.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

valley23 wrote:Burg is way too much for West. West just needs to play with pride and play hard every down. It's a down year out in the West Side. Nothing wrong with having a down year. You guys will be a great team again in the future.
I don't know about way too much, but they have played better and had a much better year. West gave valley a good run for about 3 quarters until the floodgates opened. Valley is better than wheelersburg. So its not inconceivable that West can at least make it a competitive game if they play hard and smart. Drive killing penalties and turnovers have plagued this team since week one.

Burg is good. And what they are good at is passing. What we struggle at is defending the pass. Not a good recipe for success.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

siderman wrote:
valley23 wrote:Burg is way too much for West. West just needs to play with pride and play hard every down. It's a down year out in the West Side. Nothing wrong with having a down year. You guys will be a great team again in the future.
I don't know about way too much, but they have played better and had a much better year. West gave valley a good run for about 3 quarters until the floodgates opened. Valley is better than wheelersburg. So its not inconceivable that West can at least make it a competitive game if they play hard and smart. Drive killing penalties and turnovers have plagued this team since week one.

Burg is good. And what they are good at is passing. What we struggle at is defending the pass. Not a good recipe for success.
The passing aspect of Burg's offense is the problem for West. You guys did great with the run defense. It seemed very hard to run on you guys. Burg's passing game should be in full force and I think they'll put up some great numbers. I think Burg's defense will be able to stop West all night. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing West, I just think that they will be overmatched. They will bounce back though in years to come.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Based on how the season has progressed. I would say your opinion is spot on. This team is more talented than their record shows. Just for whatever reason it hasn't transitioned to the field. Maybe it will once and give them a game.

The last 2 weeks West has been running some nickel defense. Big improvement against the pass.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Burg in the playoffs, big deal they can't even beat a team from there own county. It will be a waste of time.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

callie11 wrote:Burg in the playoffs, big deal they can't even beat a team from there own county. It will be a waste of time.
Then keep your a$$ at home and let the real fans enjoy the game. To me you are the waste of time.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

BG, I will be at home, I have no interest in seeing the Senators VS Pretenders

Return to “Football”