Big Week 10 Rivalry: East @ Notre Dame

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

EastBeast06
JV Team

Big Week 10 Rivalry: East @ Notre Dame

Post by EastBeast06 »

For the Tartans, this game is not about gold trophies or playoff berths, it's about pride.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Big Week 10 Rivalry: East @ Notre Dame

Post by ManitouDan »

cant wait !

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

With Notre Dame losing to Symmes Valley, they are in a must win situation along with getting help. While East's role is it play spoiler. With a rivalry like this, I think they should have a trophy or something for the winner to hold on to like they do in a lot of the college rivalrys. It would give the kids something extra to play for every year.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Been looking forward to this game all year! The record books are thrown out the door and two rivals play some smashmouth Southern Ohio Football!

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

Has ND made playoffs since Ashley been coach? Who does ND have to have help from?

Psyco Tartan
Freshman Team

Post by Psyco Tartan »

EAST BABY!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! GO TARTANS GO!!!!!!!!

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Notre Dame will be ready to play after the loss this past Saturday.
I am sure both teams will play hard. Notre Dame is a little stronger, in my opinion, this year. I look for them to win.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Pulling for a Tartan win! But, don't think it will happen. A little trivia about this rivalry!

Notre Dame handed East it's worst loss ever by a score of 73-0 at Spartan Stadium. Head Coaches: East - Darryl Davis. ND - Bob Ashley

Coaches this year: East - Todd Gililand (Darryl Davis' son-in-law.) ND: Bob Ashley

It was a dismal season back then for East and it pretty much looks the same this year!

Notre Dame - 35
Sciotoville East - 18 {No field goal practicing results in only 6 points for td's!}

{NOTE:} The 73-0 loss to ND is East's worst loss in history too!

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

EastBeast06 wrote:With Notre Dame losing to Symmes Valley, they are in a must win situation along with getting help. While East's role is it play spoiler. With a rivalry like this, I think they should have a trophy or something for the winner to hold on to like they do in a lot of the college rivalrys. It would give the kids something extra to play for every year.

I think that is a great idea and could be worked out between the two schools! How about a hammer and anvil to represent the steel mill that thrived between the two schools years ago when this rivalry first began?!

85TITAN85
Riding the Bench

Post by 85TITAN85 »

Or a stadium replica with Spartan Stadium's home side on one side and Allard Field's home side on the other, with Titans in one end zone and Tartans the other.

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

Both are great ideas.

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

Axe N Shield wrote:Pulling for a Tartan win! But, don't think it will happen. A little trivia about this rivalry!

Notre Dame handed East it's worst loss ever by a score of 73-0 at Spartan Stadium. Head Coaches: East - Darryl Davis. ND - Bob Ashley

Coaches this year: East - Todd Gililand (Darryl Davis' son-in-law.) ND: Bob Ashley

It was a dismal season back then for East and it pretty much looks the same this year!

Notre Dame - 35
Sciotoville East - 18 {No field goal practicing results in only 6 points for td's!}

I remember this one. In 2000, Notre Dame was stacked. One name that comes to mind would be Montavon. East finished 5-5 that year which was a lot better than they had done in the few past previous seasons. It was also the last time Notre Dame won an SOC and finished 10-0 in the regular season. Since then, East has dominated this series 9 to 2 I believe.

85TITAN85
Riding the Bench

Post by 85TITAN85 »

Anyone know what the all-time head to head record of this series is?

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

85TITAN85 wrote:Or a stadium replica with Spartan Stadium's home side on one side and Allard Field's home side on the other, with Titans in one end zone and Tartans the other.
I like this one!

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

EastBeast06 wrote:
Axe N Shield wrote:Pulling for a Tartan win! But, don't think it will happen. A little trivia about this rivalry!

Notre Dame - 35

I remember this one. In 2000, Notre Dame was stacked. One name that comes to mind would be Montavon. East finished 5-5 that year which was a lot better than they had done in the few past previous seasons. It was also the last time Notre Dame won an SOC and finished 10-0 in the regular season. Since then, East has dominated this series 9 to 2 I believe.
You are very right when you say Notre Dame was stacked. Notre Dame was the 2nd best team in the entire county (yes, i mean out of every school), with Portsmouth being the best. (Portsmouth was absolutely loaded that year, going to the State Semi's). Notre Dame beat the likes of Minford, West, and Valley (all those games being played on the road). They were the #1 seed and were upset by Toronto in their 2nd playoff game.

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

Post by wheelersburg fan 89 »

interesting, although they have seemed almost below average, East has a somewhat respectable record. since 2001, they are 68-51(reg season) with 3 playoff appearences. alot of those wins came from the 06-08 teams, 3peat SOC, and with dissappointing home playoff losses

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

10 hours til game time , Go Titans , looking forward to a big win with those helmets raised high in victory .

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

Almost game time

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I can't believe that ND just kicked off from the East 30 yard line because of all of the Personal Foul penalties from players and the bench! I don't think that I have ever seen a team kick off from their opponents 30 yard line. Unbelievable and ridiculous! Who did they call the personal foul on from the bench? The players are not going to practice good sportsmanship if the staff isn't going to.

Justin Craeger is simply amazing! If he played for Burg he would have been the featured back and would have most likely won SOC II Back of the Year! He could have been the difference in playing in the playoffs and winning a State Championship! Not saying Burg still can't! But, if he would have been at Valley or Minford... same outcomes! But, the boy bleeds blue for sure. Probably could have gotten bigger and better scholarship offers if he would have played for any of those schools.

I know this is a very big rivalry and all but, there's no need to lose your cool and look and act like... well, I won't put a word in there. You figure it out!

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

Post by wheelersburg fan 89 »

anyone do some updates please?

Return to “Football”