WEEK 9: Symmes Valley (6-2{2-1}) @ Notre Dame (6-2{2-1})

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 9: Symmes Valley (6-2{2-1}) @ Notre Dame (6-2{2-1})

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

Axe N Shield wrote:
dirt_cinders wrote:Yes,Bob A. is the head coach at ND.
There is a trivia question for folks. How many schools have hired a coach twice with other Head Coaches between the hires?

Didn't Ironton do this with Bob Lutz a couple of years ago?

Triplett at west ?

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Just as I thought dirt cinders. Score was closer than game was. SV had total control whole game. Never in doubt. They never even had to attempt a pass. I think they only punted once. Just way too much for ND.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

MinFalcon wrote:Just as I thought dirt cinders. Score was closer than game was. SV had total control whole game. Never in doubt. They never even had to attempt a pass. I think they only punted once. Just way too much for ND.
I see comments like this and they usually come from schools that have 3x or more the number of students then ND. I just wonder sometime how those schools do loose to little ‘ol ND. The game was as close as it should have been. If SV could have run up the score you can bet they would have. Fact is the defense, as small as it was, held them with all that they had. ND had a chance to make it a little closer but come up short and so is football. We at ND always believe that we can win. it’s our school spirit and it keep us playing. Hell, half the team had some type of brace on or was playing with some type of injury and they are still out there playing. We have one more game this year and Win or Lose I am proud of the Titans. After that I’ll just start looking forward to Basketball season and maybe their second SOC title in two years.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

BIGPAPA wrote:
Axe N Shield wrote:
dirt_cinders wrote:Yes,Bob A. is the head coach at ND.
There is a trivia question for folks. How many schools have hired a coach twice with other Head Coaches between the hires?

Didn't Ironton do this with Bob Lutz a couple of years ago?

Triplett at west ?
Triplett at West, Ashley at ND, McDavid at Green, Davis at East, Morris Gullion at Piketon, Lutz at Ironton, Miller at Burg sat out a season due to health problems but I believe he was always considered the head coach....those are the only 6/7 "guesses" I can come up with off the top of my head.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

After the lost to vikings,does that dash the hopes ofND making playoffs? Have they made the playoffs since Ashley been back?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

cant understand how we held up so well to Oak hill , but got dominated (physically ) last night. . Cant understand why the passing game hasnt improved since week 1 , it just keeps shrinking.

Refocus and win BIG in week 10 . Next week we have the advantages . lets go out on top in a large way . MD

paul bunyun
Waterboy

Post by paul bunyun »

photo_electric_guy wrote:I'll take care of you with text at the end of the quarters or you can follow my tweets on twitter at @GMilani227. Just maybe the PDT (Portsmouth Daily Times) may cover one of ND's game and I know that they tweet came play as the game goes on. I'm not holding my breath that they will be there. We have played 4 games at home on Saturday and they have yet to show for any of them.

Why would you expect the PDT staff to waste their off day to cover Notre Dame? Especially after working their butts off the night before covering real Scioto County football?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

ManitouDan wrote:cant understand how we held up so well to Oak hill , but got dominated (physically ) last night. . Cant understand why the passing game hasnt improved since week 1 , it just keeps shrinking.

Refocus and win BIG in week 10 . Next week we have the advantages . lets go out on top in a large way . MD
Last edited by NewEra on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I did get test sent to me and want to say thanks.

I was sending those text to another but fell asleep and did not send the last couple, sorry about that. :(

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

paul bunyun wrote:
photo_electric_guy wrote:I'll take care of you with text at the end of the quarters or you can follow my tweets on twitter at @GMilani227. Just maybe the PDT (Portsmouth Daily Times) may cover one of ND's game and I know that they tweet came play as the game goes on. I'm not holding my breath that they will be there. We have played 4 games at home on Saturday and they have yet to show for any of them.

Why would you expect the PDT staff to waste their off day to cover Notre Dame? Especially after working their butts off the night before covering real Scioto County football?
I would beg to differ. Notre dame has had as much success as anyone in scioto county historically. They have had down periods, but they are what embodies scioto county football. They have heart and work hard despite the odds. Also the community support is rivaled by very few. This may be due to the fact the families at Notre dame are typicall affluent, but regardless that statement is absurd.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

paul bunyun wrote:

I am guessing that this is sarcasm

paul bunyun
Waterboy

Post by paul bunyun »

sider wrote:
paul bunyun wrote:

I would beg to differ. Notre dame has had as much success as anyone in scioto county historically. They have had down periods, but they are what embodies scioto county football. They have heart and work hard despite the odds. Also the community support is rivaled by very few. This may be due to the fact the families at Notre dame are typicall affluent, but regardless that statement is absurd.
You like smoking the peace pipe too much. Notre Dame has been a non factor for years.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

paul bunyun wrote:
sider wrote:
paul bunyun wrote: Why would you expect the PDT staff to waste their off day to cover Notre Dame? Especially after working their butts off the night before covering real Scioto County football?
You like smoking the peace pipe too much. Notre Dame has been a non factor for years.
Don't matter how bad or good your record is. We buy the paper and the school deserves some coverage. I bet if all the fish eaters (me included) and non fish eaters of ND, or who support ND, would stop our subscriptions to the paper just maybe they would know that we are here. Maybe a drive should be mounted to cancel all our subscriptions to the paper and see if they care. We have a better record than a lot of other schools in the area that always get coverage. Seeing how you only have 3 posts you either work for the PDT or you are just anti ND.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

paul bunyun wrote:
sider wrote: You like smoking the peace pipe too much. Notre Dame has been a non factor for years.
Care to share who your school is?

Non factor in what form? Winning seasons are winning seasons, and most schools around here can't say they have it every year or even every other year. Notre Dame is lucky it fields a football team each year due to the size of the school and the number of boys it has, but does, and produces great results against much larger teams. Every football school in Scioto County has 2-3 times the amount of kids to choose from so what is their excuse when they lose to ND? Taking something away from a school who has multiple State Titles, 61 SOC titles, and some of the richest tradition and history in Scioto County just makes you sound ignorant, immature, and just dumb. Attempting to kick them when they are down from a tough loss to a good team shows the kind of people who live in Scioto County and represent our schools so well. Time to grow up troll and move along, or maybe you're just hiding behind a screen name and wanting ND to fail. Either way, ND competes for an SOC title this year in ALL sports, something most schools would love to be able to say.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I think giving the impression that Notre Dame is some kind of David vs. Goliath situation is very misleading, the number of boys Notre Dame has is kind of irrelevant , it is not even a fair comparison to some place like a Manchester , South Gallia or Hannan West Virginia, those places being small rural public schools in areas with a lot of kids probably on some form of public assistance, must play with the hand they have been delt, not much chance for a great move in. Having coached as an assistant against Notre Dame in the past, I experienced first hand that you would not know who had enrolled from year to year and that there would sometimes be a surprise the next year when Notre Dame would get one or several good football players transfer or enroll in, ready made and ready to go . If you have the opportunity to bring in good football players year after year, it doesnt matter if you have 15 or 50 when your playing against Southeastern Ohio or West Virginia size D6 and small D5.

Return to “Football”