assigner

fortdawg
All Conference

assigner

Post by fortdawg »

Maybe after the "Cain" being raised over the Wellston Vs. NY football game---the TVC will consider an assigner of officials for all league games. I'd like to see basketball thrown in also. This probably wouldn't end all controversy but it would go a long way to level the playing field.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Re: assigner

Post by Steegal »

No way Howie is going to let that happen. He has to hire his own officials cause he gets cheated on the road in the Hocking a lot. This way he can make sure the refs know who is in charge of the game, and it is not them. Pam wont go for it either. She gets the best umpires for softball and baseball, and there would be a chance we would get bad ones if she turns that over to someone else. I know Southern wont go for it either, cause it takes a special type of ref to do basketball games down there, if you know what I mean. :12224

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I didn't throw this out there as red meat. I would like to hear people's argument against it if there is one. I know in the past people have said it wasn't needed because,"That's what we have AD's for". I would argue that picking officials is only a minor part of an AD job. Very important but as far as time consuming---I'd think not. Crowd control, field issues, and getting the gate taken up and secured seem like busier and more important jobs to me.
If nothing else it would provide the AD's with cover from the criticism of hiring Homer officials.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Every league should have an assigner for league games.

It eliminates all controversy over scheduling issues.

Obviously schools that are against it have issues!

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Fortdawg wrote:I didn't throw this out there as red meat. I would like to hear people's argument against it if there is one. I know in the past people have said it wasn't needed because,"That's what we have AD's for". I would argue that picking officials is only a minor part of an AD job. Very important but as far as time consuming---I'd think not. Crowd control, field issues, and getting the gate taken up and secured seem like busier and more important jobs to me.
If nothing else it would provide the AD's with cover from the criticism of hiring Homer officials.
I'm just telling you that is never going to fly down here. Howie always said he needs to hire certain types of officials depending on the team he is playing. Pam feels the same way, and I am pretty sure Southern is never going to let some stranger hire their officials cause that would cost them half their wins at home every year. Meigs is the same way. I doubt Trimble is going to be in favor of this either, cause reffing their home games is the biggest type of employment for the guys that hang out at the local bars in Glouster. Belpre likes to hire the local West Virginia refs to help them win their games, and we all know what kind of calls you get at Wahama. Eastern does it to make sure we get quality refs, but many of those others hire Homer and his brothers, so no way they are giving that up.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

I myself would love to see that happen. I think it would be a wonderful idea it is just a shame that some athletic directors will not give it up. It would not allow the excuse of we got "HOMERED" to be used anymore.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I would be greatful if this were to happen.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Or hire refs from out of the area..May cost a little more $$$$ But for a leval playing field..it would be worth it.

Return to “Football”