game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Re: game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Both teams played well. Turnovers decided the game.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Good job Oaks!! And once again the refs were freaking terrible! Sure hope Hardin is ok. One last gripe for willow wood, get some flippin bleachers...

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

i can say this... if you showed up for the game last night.. you got to watch a quality high school football game !! i loved it.. my hats off to oak hill. very disciplined football team that makes very few mistakes and controls the ball.. still very proud to be a viking. a few mistakes cost us a couple scores or this one might of had a different outcome. either way im glad i was sitting in the stands for this game.. cant wait till next year!! good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

I agee with a previous post about the refs. They were terrible last night. Not just one way by any means though. Refs didn't cost either teams the game though, even though SV did have 2 TD's called back. The biggest factor in the game was all the turnovers from SV. You can't give any good team that short of a field all night. The only sustained drive that Oak Hill scored with was the opening drive of the game and which was about 75 yards or so. After that SV defense played very well. Oaks other scores came after the blocked punt gave them the ball on the 1, a SV fumble that gave them the ball on the SV 21, and another came after a fumble that gave them the ball on the SV 38. Alot to ask your defense to hold in those types of situations.
Got to give the Vikings their props though. They showed true grit early when getting down by 2 TD's coming back and evening things up at 14. They just could overcome their other mistakes. Got to give Oak Hill their props too for taking advantage of the SV mistakes.
2 very evenly matched teams. If they play 10 times it's 5-5, because mistakes do happen in every game.
Oak Hill is good, but not any better than SV.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Well, there is a reason Oak Hill forced Symmes Valley into 6 turnovers.

Return to “Football”