game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

Post by Bleeding Red »

bucks2407 wrote:BleedingRed i started a thread for you to talk about your Oak Hill and Ironton game :122245
No thanks. I'll wait till after Oak Hill wins tomorrow night and then comment when a thread on that game is started!

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

good job...your learning to not look ahead

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bucks2407 wrote:good job...your learning to not look ahead
I am not even from Oak Hill dufus. I stated my opinion that as long as the Oaks take care of business this week I think they will surprise people next week. Good lord you need to chill out. Does your mommy know your up so late?

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I sure do wish I could make the trip out there to see this game it should be a good one! I'd say the home team pulls one out of the hat
SV 28
OH 22

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

jeez take it easy with the name calling...words hurt you know... and i just started a thread for the oak hill ironton game so you can post your opinion on there instead of the oak hill Symmes Valley thread

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

Red, you have taken one from my book...."chill out" .......i think that is funny.....see you tomorrow red!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jesco White wrote:
Jason Vorhees wrote:Very true on the ppg part, but they hung up 67 on 1-6 Southeastern and 62 on 1-6 Manchester. And, that winning team Symmes Valley defeated is Eastern Meigs at 4-3. Oak Hill lost to Minford, who may very well end up at 9-1 or 10-0. Plus, Symmes Valley lost to Chesapeake 29-22, a team that Oak Hill defeated rather easily. Chesapeake has improved throughout the course of this season. No offense to Eastern Meigs, but Minford, Chesapeake, Alexander, Wellston and Notre Dame would probably all beat Eastern, given the chance to play them this year. I just don't buy into the Symmes hype. Every year, they seem to have a good record, and then you look at their schedule, and it comes to no surprise they nearly always have a winning record. Yes, I understand it's hard to find a quality opponent, considering that they're a DVI school in the SE Region of the state. Even last year during the regular season, their opponents total win loss record was 40-60 (excluding playoff wins and losses). In 2010, 37-63. In 2009, 37-63. In 2008, 41-59. In 2007, 44-57. By the way, in 2008 and 2007, Symmes had records of 5-5 and 3-7. Quality opponents mean everything. Has Symmes Valley gotten better since then? Of course. Has their scheduling been weakened since then? Absolutely. Even when Oak Hill was 0-10 in 2005, their opponents records was a combined 58-42. In 2006, 51-49, and thier record was 3-7. Scheduling plays an absolutely huge factor in the win/loss column. When you're beating Southeastern and Manchester 67-32 and 62-6, I am not impressesed. Now if they were to beat Trimble or Notre Dame by those scores, then yes, I would be impressed. Beating up on schools that are having a down year does not make you a good team. It makes you look like a good team, but in reality it's the schedule showing its true colors.
In the last 10 years prior to this season, Symmes Valley has 6 wins over playoff teams, including 3 playoff wins.
In the same time span, Oak Hill has 8 wins over playoff teams, including 3 playoff wins.

That's not a lot of disparity over the course of a decade in my opinion. Given that I'm a Valley fan, and my alma mater has taken more scrutiny about strength of schedule than any other school in this part of the state over the years, I have some compassion for Oak Hill's schedule. But, as a realist, I can't comprehend anyone knocking Symmes Valley's schedule in favor of Oak Hill's when you factor Symmes Valley is a D-6 school and Oak Hill wouldn't even be the smallest school in the SOC 2 yet they still play in the SOC 1. Is that Oak Hill's fault? Absolutely not! The kids can only play the games on their schedule. But, I personally wouldn't be knocking the schedule of a D-6 school.......especially a D-6 school that I'm 5-5 against in the last 10 years.

Again, I believe Oak Hill will win this game. And, I appreciate the points you're making.

Jesco, I get what you're saying, and understand it. Oak Hill is only 6-7 against them in the past thirteen years, so it's not like we've absolutely owned them in basically the same span of time. Those teams they had from 2002-04 were very solid. Looking at their schedules from those years, they had more competitive opposition in weeks 1-10. Talent goes in cycles at small schools, you know just as well, if not way better. I think football schedules are not only geared toward size of school, but also with levels of decrease and increase of talent as well. Now, to make a program better, you'd typically schedule more competitive teams, year in and out. But, if you're getting throttled every non-conference game, it really isn't going to help you improve. I firmly believe it works the other way, too. When you're blasting teams by 60, that's not going to help, either. Conference games you really can't help. Now, I don't have a clue why the conferences are aligned the way they are, and honestly don't care. The powers that be control that.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Oak Hill lost to Minford, who may very well end up at 9-1 or 10-0.
Minford will end up at 8-2. 8) Sorry to hijack your posts but wanted to help with the prognosis in case someone had a grand to throw down on the final record. :-D

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minfordmamma wrote:Red, you have taken one from my book...."chill out" .......i think that is funny.....see you tomorrow red!

;-)

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I'm rooting for the Vikings in this one!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Play a great, physical game tonight, Oaks!

Good hunting out there.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

FWIW the reason I was somewhat underwhelmed by Oak Hill was they were actually out gained on the ground by ND . ND made several mistakes that were totally of their own and had nothing to do with Oak Hill being superior . ND had a chance to go up 14-7 mid way thru Q2 . 1st and goal , false start . fumbled QB center exchange . ND snaps the ball over punters head . NB misplays a shotgun snap for a huge loss .
Having said that Oak Hill is clearly the superior team . No doubt . But on that night they were supposed to use their superior size and superior physicality to push ND around and maul them . Flat out didnt happen. ND ran the ball effectively . Oaks didnt run it that well at all. Maybe OH was playing a little possum , not wanting to show too much before the SV matchup ? Not crying over a ND loss , just an honest opinion from one game.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

ManitouDan wrote:FWIW the reason I was somewhat underwhelmed by Oak Hill was they were actually out gained on the ground by ND . ND made several mistakes that were totally of their own and had nothing to do with Oak Hill being superior . ND had a chance to go up 14-7 mid way thru Q2 . 1st and goal , false start . fumbled QB center exchange . ND snaps the ball over punters head . NB misplays a shotgun snap for a huge loss .
Having said that Oak Hill is clearly the superior team . No doubt . But on that night they were supposed to use their superior size and superior physicality to push ND around and maul them . Flat out didnt happen. ND ran the ball effectively . Oaks didnt run it that well at all. Maybe OH was playing a little possum , not wanting to show too much before the SV matchup ? Not crying over a ND loss , just an honest opinion from one game.
Oak hill's leading rusher was out of the 1st quarter.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:Bleeding Red is well known pot stirring ahole , just attempt to ignore him. He strongly defends his right to his opinion ( usually so biased its laughable LIKE Oak Hill BEATING IRONTON LOL ) but gets his panties in a wad when others do . and that dear SEOP readers is typical Bleeding Red .. MD
Don't mind MD.... He hates anyone that beats his beloved ND squad. Especially when they get beat rather handily.

If you can't give credit to a one loss Oak Hill team that sits in first place in Region 19 after the first 8 weeks of the season, you are a crybaby. Isn't that right MD?

BR
Oak Hill is #1 in the region for now, but not after 8weeks, after 7. They wont be #1 after 8. Burg will be #1. I have them projected to have 13.74 with a win over Minford and Oak Hill will be 3rd with 13.39 if they survive S. Valley. Wynford will be in the #2 spot.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:FWIW the reason I was somewhat underwhelmed by Oak Hill was they were actually out gained on the ground by ND . ND made several mistakes that were totally of their own and had nothing to do with Oak Hill being superior . ND had a chance to go up 14-7 mid way thru Q2 . 1st and goal , false start . fumbled QB center exchange . ND snaps the ball over punters head . NB misplays a shotgun snap for a huge loss .
Oak hill's leading rusher was out of the 1st quarter.
Why? Team rule infractions or something? Why would you not start your stud running-back?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Anyone who is at the game could you text me with updates?

740-644-5055

Newark Catholic might see Valley in the playoffs is my reasoning for wanting the updates.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

SV

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Anyone who is at the game could you text me with updates?

740-644-5055

Newark Catholic might see Valley in the playoffs is my reasoning for wanting the updates.
If I hear any updates on the radio...I'll text you some scores!

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Oaks take the opening kickoff and march down the field....Oaks 7 SV 0

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

SV with a fumble....Oaks recover.

Return to “Football”