Week 8 : Valley (7-0, 2-0) @ Northwest (0-7, 0-2)

nutronron2012
All State

Week 8 : Valley (7-0, 2-0) @ Northwest (0-7, 0-2)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Thoughts?

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 8 : Valley (7-0, 2-0) @ Northwest (0-7, 0-2)

Post by nutronron2012 »

Two programs going in opposite directions. Its hard not to look ahead in this one. Valleys Defense looks like they are getting better every week along with the passing game. Valley just may peak at the right time.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Just hope for injury free game. Starters get some series and get out of there.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

This one will get out of hand fast. Really hate to see the Northwest program in this shape and wish them luck in the future but this game doesnt help Valley at all except for 4.5 level 1 points. Northwest is one of the worst teams in the state. Before last nights game, Northwest was ranked 723 out of 731 teams in the whole state of Ohio. I'm sure they are even lower now since the worst team (Manchester) won their first game. This is not a good place to be for any program.
723 Northwest (McDermott) 0-6 0-1 -43.3 -12.1 +1
724 St. Wendelin (Fostoria) 0-3 0-0 -44.5 -23.4 -11
725 Hillcrest (Cincinnati) 0-3 0-2 -46 -17 --
726 Fayetteville-Perry (Fayetteville) 1-5 0-0 -46.4 -26.9 +1
727 Woodward (Toledo) 0-6 0-1 -46.5 -10.7 +1
728 South Gallia (Crown City) 0-6 0-5 -48 -21.5 -2
729 Emmanuel Christian Academy (Springfield) 0-2 0-0 -49.1 -30 --
730 St. Bernard-Elmwood Place (St. Bernard) 0-6 0-0 -54.5 -29.1 --
731 Manchester 0-6 0-0 -58.6 -19.8 --

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I found this interesting from Drew Pasteur's
http://fantastic50.net/Ohio_Reg_Odds.php
Ohio Regional Championship Probabilities
(Oct. 6, 2012 - after week #7 Friday games)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Years

These probabilities are based on 10,000 simulations of the remainder of the regular season and playoffs; for each team, the percentage chance of winning the region is shown. Teams whose chance of winning is below 0.5% are not shown

Region 19 Championship Probabilities
Valley (Lucasville) 29%
Wheelersburg 26%
Wynford (Bucyrus) 13%
Hillsdale (Jeromesville) 11%
Columbus Academy (Gahanna) 7%
Loudonville 5%
Oak Hill 4%
Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville) 2%
Ridgewood (West Lafayette) 1%
East Knox (Howard) 1%

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think it's very important for Valley to rest anyone who may be nursing little injuries and get all the kids healthy. Work on the weak areas and be ready to rock and roll when Burg comes to town.

As we say every year, hate to see the kids at Northwest having to endure season after season...the SOC 1 move is great for them.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

chicken_coop wrote:I think it's very important for Valley to rest anyone who may be nursing little injuries and get all the kids healthy. Work on the weak areas and be ready to rock and roll when Burg comes to town.

As we say every year, hate to see the kids at Northwest having to endure season after season...the SOC 1 move is great for them.
Is it? I'm not sure it will matter to be honest. Green took 16 players and beat them 33-15.

Same story for NW as the last 2 weeks, game is over at halftime.

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

This is what happens when you keep running off coaches. I think the kid coaching them this year can get the job done, but not alone. He needs some experienced help around him. They already have the jr high program headed in the right direction under coach Motavan. Guys like Mike Smith and Scott Thompson could really be a big help to coach Fry. Many of the things that the mohawks do to beat themselves could be eliminated at the lower levels. Mohawk fans for the most part know very little about football. That being said, the school board and administration need to turn a deaf ear to the critics and stand behind their coaches. Eventually, I think that the coaching staff will figure out what the problems are but it is going to take patience and support from the community and some form of stability with the program.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

This is another week to put in work on details and improve overall execution. We still had too many mental errors last night that we can't afford in weeks 9 and 10, and hopefully beyond. I'd like to see the passing game get some more early reps and we absolutely have to get out of there healthy! Good luck Indians!!!

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

I really do not think moving to the SOC-I is gonig to do anything but to make matters worse. NW is currently 0-3 against the SOC-I this year and they certainly could not have won if they had played the other two schools (OH and SV). Once in a while you have an exceptional athelete come through the system who decides to stay at NW and they win 2 or 3 games. How many years has it been stated what a great bunch of junior high football players NW has out? Where do they go? Coaches get blamed, school board gets blamed and the bottom line is football has never been competitive at NW and it never will be, just one of those things. This is a very poor part of Scioto County and there are kids that live across the Pike County and Adams County line and scattered everywhere in between. It is only a matter of time (and money) before football will be gone at NW. The kids that have the talent to play will go to Valley, West, Minford, Wheelersburg or maybe go to Notre Dame (already happening anyway). No one is to blame for the failure on the football field at NW, somethings are just not meant to be. JMHO

Good luck to both teams and hope and pray for an injury free game.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Not much being said about this game everybody is talking about the Burg and Minford game who ever wins that game will put a target on Valley in week 9 and or 10

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

I say this will be a good week to get the 2nd string some reps. I'm calling a big game by Wolford and Rolfe

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

I'm not sure on this one. Valley has played such a weak schedule this year NW may be trouble for them. :-D
Maybe not. Valley LARGE.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Lol I knew someone would make a schedule joke. It is kinda sad we could be undefeated and beat burg but still be behind them in the ranking with them having 2 losses. This game gets ugly and fast. Now I don't think northwest is the worst team we will have played. That prob goes to south point. Maybe next year we will play a better schedule (can't play much worse) then we will not have to hear about it in every thread.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

izladoom wrote:Lol I knew someone would make a schedule joke. It is kinda sad we could be undefeated and beat burg but still be behind them in the ranking with them having 2 losses. This game gets ugly and fast. Now I don't think northwest is the worst team we will have played. That prob goes to south point. Maybe next year we will play a better schedule (can't play much worse) then we will not have to hear about it in every thread.
Northwest is absolutly the worst team we have played. They are ranked #722 in Ohio out of 731. South Point is #687 and Rock Hill is #699. Now this is 3 really bad teams. Wish them all luck in turning their programs around.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

nutronron2012 wrote:
izladoom wrote:Lol I knew someone would make a schedule joke. It is kinda sad we could be undefeated and beat burg but still be behind them in the ranking with them having 2 losses. This game gets ugly and fast. Now I don't think northwest is the worst team we will have played. That prob goes to south point. Maybe next year we will play a better schedule (can't play much worse) then we will not have to hear about it in every thread.
Northwest is absolutly the worst team we have played. They are ranked #722 in Ohio out of 731. South Point is #687 and Rock Hill is #699. Now this is 3 really bad teams. Wish them all luck in turning their programs around.

wow i did not realize that. i know northwest has not been good for awhile but i did not know they fell that far. man i say rest most starters after the first quarter dont take any chances.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

LoL, why start a post on this game? It's over before it even began!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

philbilly wrote:This is what happens when you keep running off coaches. I think the kid coaching them this year can get the job done, but not alone. He needs some experienced help around him. They already have the jr high program headed in the right direction under coach Motavan. Guys like Mike Smith and Scott Thompson could really be a big help to coach Fry. Many of the things that the mohawks do to beat themselves could be eliminated at the lower levels. Mohawk fans for the most part know very little about football. That being said, the school board and administration need to turn a deaf ear to the critics and stand behind their coaches. Eventually, I think that the coaching staff will figure out what the problems are but it is going to take patience and support from the community and some form of stability with the program.
I agree with most of what you have said in this post, except about the school board. I have family who have kids in the schools out there and know coaches who have coached out there. the stories are all the same. The school board interfers with the coaches decisions. When someone who has been the head coach out there tells you that the school board tells you who your starters are going to be that is a problem!!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Calpreps is projecting 60-0 in favor of Valley. No way will it get this bad because the starters will be rested soon after the 1st if everything goes as planned. JV and Freshman should see alot of playing time.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Coach Crabtree wont let this get out of hand , to much class ! But the JV team i've seen is potent anyhow the 2nd and 3rd will see alot of playing time .

Return to “Football”