Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Ichthus
Waterboy

Re: Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Post by Ichthus »

My daughter (Who is a "Gook") said the down marker guy was teasing with Coach D and the line judge thought he was poking at him. It got very heated as the line judge was very upset and appeared to want to fight. Coach D did his best to settle the sittuation down and the officials decided they needed a "sitter", in form of a deputy to keep them both quiet.
Very pleased with how the boys played and again VERy impressed with how we are showing improvement from week to week... Esp. the offense and defensive lines.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 7: (6-0, 1-0) Valley @ (2-4, 0-1) West

Post by Carter »

Crab's brother wrote:I posted this once...not sure where it went.

Just got back from the game....Here are my thoughts...

First off it is good to know that Valley doesn't have the worst PA announcer in the league. I will leave it at that. :lol: :lol: Second, the parking, or at least leaving the parking lot, at West is just a royal pain in the rear. Just a complete cluster.

I thought West did a very good job against the Valley run game. We didn't get a lot between the tackles but once we got the passing game involved and the running game got to the edges, things really opened up. West never really even threatened to score most of the night. The Indian defense was very, very solid. Big games from Nate Arnett and Zach Shope on the defensive side of ball. Ethan Holbrook and Will Howard had good nights for the offense. The Indians continue to become more balanced and more confident each week.

With Northwest on the horizon, it is a good time to get healthy and get ready for the last two weeks of the season.

A big congrats to coach Crabtree. Coach became the all time leader in wins by an SOC coach at one school tonight. The win this evening was his 173rd career win (all at Valley) and that ties Ed Miller's 173 wins at Wheelersburg. In his 23rd season his record is 173-65. Not bad considering the 1-19 start. A 78.9 win percentage over the last 20+ season. Not too shabby!!!
Congratulations to Coach Crabtree! That is quite an accomplishment (173)! He will get 174 Friday night! He has done a wonderful job bringing Indian football to the level of excellence!!

Return to “Football”