Parents officiating games with kids playing

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Parents officiating games with kids playing

Post by warningtrackpower »

How do you feel about parents officiating games in which their kid is playing? This is sure to generate some discussion, and we get that discussion started as we respond to a Facebook message this week on our podcast show (SVC Sports Talk on SVCsportszone.com). (Final 10 minutes of show)

Below is a link – we would love for you to listen and give us your opinion.

Click link, hit play arrow, FF to end of show, and listen for free...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk092412

starbase_318
Varsity

Re: Parents officiating games with kids playing

Post by starbase_318 »

A parent would be better off in the stands supporting their child. It has been my experience, parents are usually tougher on their own vs the opposing team.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'm sure they would do better than the replacement refs.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

starbase_318 wrote:A parent would be better off in the stands supporting their child. It has been my experience, parents are usually tougher on their own vs the opposing team.
I agree they dont want to anyone to think they will favor the team so they end up being harder on them.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

One thing we were asking on the show last night is about age level. Are people seeing this happen at the varsity level?

Also, I had someone ask me about hearing this on the show. Just hit link in first post above and FF by sliding the bar across to about 45 minutes...Thanks

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I think once they get to the JH level it needs to stop. Even if it is a good ref it will keep down people who will make it an issue.
What if their child gets hurt and has to go to the hospital? Does the ref go or finish the game? or just have them go to the sidelines to be checked out? Hard for their mind to stay on the game.

If the ref has to make an unfavorable call against his sons team. That could led to backlash for the son at school and off the field.

Return to “Football”