Pioneer Valley Expansion Big News

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Pioneer Valley Expansion Big News

Post by EasternDspy »

Beallsville needs this they are PVC team and everyone knows it.They use to be a force.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

redskinwitness wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:So I'm hearing a lot of talk about 4 new schools joining in 2013-2014 school year.Those 4 schools would be Barnesville,Shadyside,Bellaire,and Bridgeport.This would make an 11 team league with 2 divsions.It will be broke up by size.Talks about a 12th team maybe Beallsville returns or Waterford or Belpre.This is real and Bellaire has already left Buckeye 8. Big - Fort Frye,Monroe Central,Buckeye Trail,Shenandoah,Bellaire,and Barnesville Small-River,Bridgeport,Frontier,Shadyside,Beallsville,and Caldwell.This would be one of the better D6 and D5 leagues in the Area.Would not be susprised to see Belpre and Waterford try to be apart of this.
I don't see Beallsville returning.....they are so small and really with a few exceptions wouldn't be able to compete on a yearly basis and they like winning that crappy league every year. I think Waterford would be a nice fit.
Big School:
Bellaire
Barnesville
Buckeye Trail
Fort Frye
Shenandoah
Monroe Central

Small School:
Shadyside
Bridgeport
Frontier
Caldwell
River
Waterford
When you look at it though, who is going to contend with Bellaire and Shadyside? Not many teams outside of maybe MC would be able to compete on a yearly basis with them. Bellaire and Shadyside would probably win their respective divisions quite frequently until those years where teams like Trail, River, Caldwell, etc. get a big solid class to come through.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

My opinion remains the same. Why ruin a good thing? The PVC is an old league amongst friends. Sure teams have come and gone over the years, but the core has remained the same for the past 30 years or more. Why jeopardize that?

Because if you are going to follow the sirens in Bellaire and Shadyside that is what will happen. Bellaire is about as schizophrenic as they come. They will come into the league, something will happen, and they will bolt in 3 or 4 years. Their fans remember their glory years and will not be happy in the PVC and they will leave. Shadyside will have delusions of grandeur and will decide they need to start playing all D1 teams and the PVC will not be good enough. I guarantee you. Those two teams may look sexy, but in the end, just like a one night stand, they will leave you hollow inside.

Plus I don't get what advantage there is for a league to expand and have a big and small school division. Why? Is it worth millions of dollars to do this? No. If scheduling is the reason then that is lame.

The PVC is currently at the right size: 6 conference games and 4 non-conference games. Barnesville would make sense if somebody left, but not as an expansion. They have been given the chance in the past and have declined. Beallsville? Absolutely not. They bolted and they should never be re-admitted. The PVC should be different by remaining the same.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

Bellaire still has yet to come to grips with the fact that it's 2012. The Nate Davis' of the world are not coming through those doors. The 90s are long gone. Most high school kids have no clue what Bellaire used to be. They're much closer to the "PVC level" they laugh at than the Buckeye 8 level they currently are playing against.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

If this does occur, it would take a few years before it came about. Schools would have too many contracts with non league schools to just do it immediately.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea scheduling would be tough but you probably play 7 or 8 conf games and still have your non league games.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I for one hope it never happens.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

EasternDspy wrote:So I'm hearing a lot of talk about 4 new schools joining in 2013-2014 school year.Those 4 schools would be Barnesville,Shadyside,Bellaire,and Bridgeport.This would make an 11 team league with 2 divsions.It will be broke up by size.Talks about a 12th team maybe Beallsville returns or Waterford or Belpre.This is real and Bellaire has already left Buckeye 8. Big - Fort Frye,Monroe Central,Buckeye Trail,Shenandoah,Bellaire,and Barnesville Small-River,Bridgeport,Frontier,Shadyside,Beallsville,and Caldwell.This would be one of the better D6 and D5 leagues in the Area.Would not be susprised to see Belpre and Waterford try to be apart of this.

This is the first post in this thread and it starts off with...So I'm hearing a lot of talk...
I'm really wondering where your hearing this talk and is anyone else hearing anything about it?
I've talked to people from some of the PVC schools and a couple of the schools said to be coming in and no one has heard this.
It's a good thread and something to talk about, but I don't see it happening.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote:

This is the first post in this thread and it starts off with...So I'm hearing a lot of talk...
I'm really wondering where your hearing this talk and is anyone else hearing anything about it?
I've talked to people from some of the PVC schools and a couple of the schools said to be coming in and no one has heard this.
It's a good thread and something to talk about, but I don't see it happening.
All this talk started and died early last spring. Bellaire is looking to downgrade. They can no longer compete with St. C, Ferry, and IC on a yearly basis. Shadyside is looking for a group of schools they can bully and tell what to do. Saying this expansion would happen for the next school year makes no sense. That is a multi-year process.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What teams are in the Pioneer Valley?

When I try to get info on this league for track it shows me Caldwell, Fort Frye, Frontier, Monroe Central, Shenandoah.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

Add River & Buckeye Trail.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

thanks

Return to “Football”