Pioneer Valley Conf Standings(Week 6) What a Mess

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf Standings(Week 6) What a Mess

Post by EasternDspy »

GhostofHomer wants to put down the 1st 2 oppoents yet Newcomerstown killed Caldwell 37-6.You need to stopped putting down other teams and get your team to play better.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

lol.

You wondered what was wrong with River, and you now complain because someone (who has been to every game) explained it to you. River has played one really good team where they played ok, and lost. They played another team that played great, while River stunk up the place, and was embarrassed. Nothing has changed at River in the last 5 weeks other than the teams on the schedule got a lot better. This week they play the best team on their schedule.

Looking at common opponent scores of teams River already beat is about as irrelevant as it gets. Who cares how bad Newcomerstown beat Caldwell? River already beat Newcomerstown (by a lot). Who cares that FF beat a team that beat River? River already beat FF (by a lot). Actual games on the field are just a tad bit more important than trying to look at common opponents.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

That's what I'm trying to tell you is FF has got a lot better.Is it that hard to believe?You want to give teams no respect and its dumb.You don't think its possible to move things around so FF and River don't have to play week 1 and I think it is.Heck FF could play Belpre week 1 and River week 2 that even help.Is the Newcomerstown game that important?I'm sure River has a lot of teams that would play them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also never said FF was better then River.Just playing a lot better but mostly when the games have been at home.

A/CPILOT
Waterboy

Post by A/CPILOT »

I for one can tell you first hand that Caldwell is a much improved team and it would not shock me at all if they beat Barnesville this week. They are a team who has improved a bunch since the season started and to be honest with you it wouldn't shock me either if they win out. They have a stable full of good backs and Bricker Lori is the real deal. This is going to be a fun team to watch over the next five weeks if they keep playing the way they have for the last two weeks.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So Caldwell is the only team that's allowed to get better????Well they lost to Monroe and FF just destroyed Monroe...Caldwell I'm sure has got better since they got VanMeter back.That being said they run every play.Stack the box and take care of business.

A/CPILOT
Waterboy

Post by A/CPILOT »

Not saying they are the only team that has gotten better. Haven't seen FF say I can't comment on them but I have seen Caldwell and I'm just saying they have improved to the point to where they are going to be a fun team to watch. I won't put down any other team because I'm not that kind of person. These kids on every team give there best every Friday night and don't deserve a bunch of inmature adults getting on here and ripping them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well the one guy pretty much blamed Rivers loss to not playing anyone week 1 or 2 but Fort Frye is a better team then Monroe Central.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Eastern, I'm pretty sure Rivera coaching staff knew all Caldwell would do would be run the ball. You're not really saying anything everyone doesn't already know, yet they still put up over 300 yards rushing. There's a lot more to it than just simply "stacking the box".

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote:
efarns wrote:And this little debate brings up another question:

Isn't about time that River and Fort Frye get their game moved out of week 1?

It was the first game of the year for River too, right? Well OK then.

and for people who always talk about changing schedules, it's a very hard thing to do...it not only would change things for River and FF, but the teams they normally play the week you want to change it to, and then the teams those teams play and on and on...a very hard thing to do.
"Hard" is not a good enough excuse. I don't have any doubt that it is possible, if the AD's cared enough to actually do it.

No, you're right, it wouldn't change the outcome at all, but can we all agree that playing a conference game in week 1 is bad scheduling.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Buckeye Trail 4-2 (3-0) 2.Fort Frye 4-2(2-1),MC 3-3(2-1),River 3-3(2-1) 5.Frontier 2-4 (1-2) 6.Caldwell 1-5(0-3) 7.Shenandoah 0-6(0-2)

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Can Caldwell keep it rolling this week against Frontier? 355 yards rushing against Barnesville. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done. Can Frontier slow down Caldwell's 50's style of football?

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Hey EasternDspy how old are you?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Who has the best chance to grab a share of the conference title?

River looks like they have the clearest path, followed by Monroe Central. Fort Frye has to go on the road to play Buckeye Trail and will probably have a tough time matching up with highly improved Caldwell. Trail is just getting into the tough part of the conference.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

Does anyone know if ties for the title are decided by head to head games or do they go by record only in the PVC?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well with a 2 team tie it would be head to head.I think a 3 team tie is just a tie unless one team has wins over the other 2.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

PVC does not have a tie breaking procedure. only go by overall conference record

Return to “Football”