SOC 2 Play is Finally Here!! Discussion??

Runner00
JV Team

Re: SOC 2 Play is Finally Here!! Discussion??

Post by Runner00 »

SPAMONY wrote:Wow when I saw them I thought Austin Carter was hands down the best player minford had on both sides of the ball.
#28? Yeah he is a power runner, good hard strong running kid, I just felt like Berry #11 was more dynamic and should get more touches.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

callie11 wrote:You don't have to wait untill week 8, I can tell you right now the Burg will win.
Why even play then?lol

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

burg wins another gold ball..does anyone know how many they have..i would think they have just as many as the rest of the conference added together

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

I BELIEVE 28.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

The only championship that matters is the one currently being contested. ALL the others fall in the "Has-Been" category. :mrgreen:

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

Talking ab Dynamic players, the Senators may be 2-3 but Austin Bricker is very elusive, He makes many wow kind of cuts, and will just flat run you over at 175, but what impresses me the most about this kid is his Heart, i have yet to see him give up in a game this year, and there has been many give up on his team, But the Miller boy from Burg sounds to be outstanding, i go to all the west games, havnt got to watch him but the numbers he puts up are unheard of ?

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:burg wins another gold ball..does anyone know how many they have..i would think they have just as many as the rest of the conference added together
West has 15 not sure who's behind them

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Also watch out for West QB Steve Irwin as he gets more comfortable in the offense.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

WildWestSider wrote:
ohiostbucks99 wrote:burg wins another gold ball..does anyone know how many they have..i would think they have just as many as the rest of the conference added together
West has 15 not sure who's behind them
I'd say it probably depends on what years we're basing it on? Are the numbers listed for Burg and West just SOC 2 titles, or do they include the years when there was only one division in the SOC? If we're basing it on all-time titles, I'd say Waverly would be 3rd, as they had quite a few titles in the years before leaving the SOC briefly for the SEOAL, and also before the SOC split into two divisions.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Only the Minford and West game this week will give any sort of indication how the conference will go. Will West prove to others their horrible start has been turned around and will Minford's much talked about running game and O-line be able to control the front 7 of the Sider's. The Sider's may have lost to the Trojan's (like opponents) but it wasn't like they scored a lot! A sloppy game that featured 8 or 9 turnovers.

On the other hand, Minford faced a battered Trojan team after playing Valley, West and the Burg. The Trojan's were able to hang tough until a mysterious injury (wind/nads) sidelined their stud back for precaution. Minford rolled the second half. Going to be the most competitive league game this week.

Hard to say about the Waverly team. I think the Valley/Waverly game will be a little tighter than most think. I hope it is. After the past couple of games with numerous starters resting for the Indians, the starters need to go the distance.

Northwest/Burg game could be exciting if Northwest finish plays, eliminate the mistakes (turnovers, block, tackle), no penalties and are advanced 52. Nah, who am I kidding. I hate it for the players though. I would love to see them get it going!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West played terrible against fairland. No excuses for that.

Played alot better against Portsmouth. But we fumbled away at least two touchdowns in the redzone. Also Portsmouth played with two middle linebackers that hadn't played against valley. I think west gameplanned to run on them like valley did, but those two really improved their defense. Since that game their have been holesail changes to the offense and defense. We aren't where we need to be, but are much better than we were. If we could start the season over we would be 3-1. Chillicothe was just better than we were and we were still competitive with them.

Everyone is down on us because of two bad losses and deservedly so. But we are much improved.
That's the silver lining in my mind. Our youth, number of kids we're playing, and that we're alot better than our record.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

1 burg 2 valley 3minford or waverly 4 west 5 northwest

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

There hasn't been SOC II co-champs or tri-champs in awhile. Burg and Valley? Valley and Minford? Burg and Minford? I don't like the sound of any of those much. Let's hope someone wins outright.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Looking forward to the action, it's good for the league when they are at least 3 teams playing at the level of Minford, Valley, and Burg.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

The league is as competitive as its been. Wheelersburg is the favorite as well as they should be with the schedule they have played. I think they can be beat as well as anyone can be. Valley and Minford are Pretty well matched and equal on on paper that match up comes down to who wants it most. West plays the spoiler in the conference this year, sleep on them and it will cost you. They opened a lot of eye with the Minford game. Waverly is a disapointment after the preseason hype thought they had turned the corner. The biggest school in the SOC granted playes a beefed up non conference schedule but they should because of their size. Northwest has already started looking forward to the SOCI. Really hate to see the way their program has declined!!!

1. Wheelersburg
2. Minford/Valley
4. West
5. Waverly
6. Northwest

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Dont sleep on Waverly. They are not as bad as last weeks score indicated. They just couldnt move the ball on the ground against Valley and it made them 1 dimensional. Their QB is as good as advertised and their line is huge. I think they would make some noise in the league if they get their running game going. I still think they may shock a team or two in our league with 4 games left.

Return to “Football”