PVC: River (2-2) @ Caldwell (0-4)

surfsider
All State

PVC: River (2-2) @ Caldwell (0-4)

Post by surfsider »

River ALWAYS has a tough time at the Noble County fairgrounds. Since Caldwell nearly knocked off Monroe Central on the road, I'd say the Redskins will be more than ready for first win at home. River needs to win out IMO to make playoffs. Stop the turnovers and Pilots win easily.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Re: PVC: River (2-2) @ Caldwell (0-4)

Post by PvcBball »

I'm going with Caldwell in this one. Don't think River will be able to stop the run. 21-14 Skins get their first W.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

River is bigger up front than MC. Not sure the same gameplan necessarily works against River. Plus the Pilots desperately need the win. Going with River by 2 TDs.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Agreed that another River loss could severely hurt their playoff chances. The teams they'll be playing just won't have the same point values as some of the others. Only team left that has a winning record as of right now is Rosecrans, who sits at the 2 spot in region 23. While the Skins have been playing better, still don't think they'll be able to defeat the Pilots. While the season has been quite what Redskin fans were hoping for, at least some younger classmen are getting valuable playing time at the varsity level. I have a feeling the current freshman class is going to produce some pretty good players. And I can always go the route EasternDspy likes to take. Jr High was 4-1 last I heard. lol

loveofthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by loveofthegame »

Caldwell 19 River 14 Caldwell gained confidence last week while River tasted disappointment. Good luck to both teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ok I get they played good vs Monroe Central.Still doesn't change what I saw with my own 2 eyes vs Trail.River will put plenty of guys in box and Caldwell won't score.CALDWELL CAN NOT PASS!River 28-0

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

Caldwell backs run hard, 5-6 yards per carry all night. Asturi scored all three River TDs. Late in the fourth Sapp blocked a Caldwell FG which was ran back into Caldwell territory, two passes later sophomore kicker Colton Wright puts the game away with 6 seconds left on the clock.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

darn sounds like a good game...Does River have any injuries?

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Wish I could have been there to watch this. Caldwell is playing better, just cant seem to get over the hump. I'm sure everyone, including opposing coaching staffs, know that Caldwell doesn't have much of a passing game. And yet, Caldwell still has success running the ball. If they keep it up, they might pick up a W here soon. 300+ yards rushing against River. Two players with 100+ and another one with 75+ yards I believe.

Return to “Football”