Warren at Meigs

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Warren at Meigs

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Wow, who would have thunk it. But another week and Warren is playing Meigs at their new football field. Schafer and Miller are back this week, or so we hope. Hopefully the team comes together, there is much potential on the field, just need to jell together. Isner ran well, the Barnes brothers played well, as did Staley and Pahl. So some are stepping up, if more do the same this could be the start of a nice run.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Re: Warren at Meigs

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Strange, usually the Warrior faithful has plenty to say. Being very close mouthed this season. Not a bad thing, just scarey. Heard that practice has been good this week, lots of film, some defensive line-up changes.

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

Will it be on radio?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

On the TVC web site - I have a pic of a Meigs player running the ball ... I don't have a roster and would like to add his name under the photo ... thx for the help

The photo is on the left hand side of the front page ... http://trivalleyconference.com/

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Most of the Warren faithful are quiet this year because we are discouraged. The last several yrs we have had several talented kids, but our records sure don't show it. Schob may be a good guy, but not head coach material. You hire a looser, you have a losing team. If you are a Warrior faithful, you know why he was brought in. Next yr that reason won't be here, so I hope that he and his cronies go with him. I'm not trying to be harsh, but many, many Warrior faithful are tired of this.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren gets beat in the trenches...year after year after year. Mostly because the size of the lineman for Jackson, Logan and Gallia are much bigger and basically just tougher. Not sure this is any coaches fault. It has been this way for about 10 years. Long before Schob took over.

Warren always has athletes at the skill positions.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I'll take Warren to win.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

A-Town good luck to Athens at Waverly. Warren should get back on the winning track this week. I would say 28-14 would be realistic. No coach can put the pads on and play on Friday night. That will be all from me on that subject.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Warren should get back on the winning path tonight. They have to get better on D, still giving up big plays, but a lot of that is what Scoop said, we are just getting manhandled on the line. Philo did it to us and last week Meadowbrook. Like to see them put some more screen type plays in for Kuhn and Scott out of the backfield.

As for the coach, we have seen much worse. We have had a ton of injuries which has not helped. I think there were 10 guys out of pads last week on the sidelines.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Hard to play with a few injured let alone 10 guys out. Thats a bunch. Good luck

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

Slimgarrett, Wake up!!! I have 2 suggestions for you: 1)Quit coming to the games, or 2) If you have a son playing on the team, try being positive for once and enjoy his season. His high school career will be over sooner than later. Enjoy

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

WJAW 100.9 FM is carrying the game.

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

WARRIOR BS wrote:Slimgarrett, Wake up!!! I have 2 suggestions for you: 1)Quit coming to the games, or 2) If you have a son playing on the team, try being positive for once and enjoy his season. His high school career will be over sooner than later. Enjoy
You've got the wrong person. I don't a son on the team. I'm a Warren faithful, and usually a very positive person. Just calling it like I see it, and half of the stadium sees it. Would love to see Warren become a powerhouse football program again. I wish nothing but the best for this program, I just don't think Schob is the best. He is a nice guy. I just don't think he is leading our team in the right direction. Injuries you can't help, but I believe our butt whippings started at the beginning of the season when those boys walked out on the field against Philo. They had no energy, no leadership and looked like they could care a less if they were there or not. Someone needs to step up and be a leader. Those boys need someone like Austin Henthorn to fire them up. Sure do miss the fire he showed. He led that team onto the field and kept them fired up the whole game! Surely there's someone on the team that can do that isn't there?

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

slimgarrett wrote:
WARRIOR BS wrote:Slimgarrett, Wake up!!! I have 2 suggestions for you: 1)Quit coming to the games, or 2) If you have a son playing on the team, try being positive for once and enjoy his season. His high school career will be over sooner than later. Enjoy
You've got the wrong person. I don't a son on the team. I'm a Warren faithful, and usually a very positive person. Just calling it like I see it, and half of the stadium sees it. Would love to see Warren become a powerhouse football program again. I wish nothing but the best for this program, I just don't think Schob is the best. He is a nice guy. I just don't think he is leading our team in the right direction. Injuries you can't help, but I believe our butt whippings started at the beginning of the season when those boys walked out on the field against Philo. They had no energy, no leadership and looked like they could care a less if they were there or not. Someone needs to step up and be a leader. Those boys need someone like Austin Henthorn to fire them up. Sure do miss the fire he showed. He led that team onto the field and kept them fired up the whole game! Surely there's someone on the team that can do that isn't there?
Warren never was a football power. Had a few good teams over the years but no way near a power. Some nice athletes but never had big string lines that it takes to win. Your best recent was when pifer was there and then you were like 6-4?
Enjoy the kids playing. I am sure thy are giving 100%. Can't imagine a "faithful" fan talking down about this team.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

fighting_falcon wrote:
slimgarrett wrote:

Warren never was a football power. Had a few good teams over the years but no way near a power. Some nice athletes but never had big string lines that it takes to win. Your best recent was when pifer was there and then you were like 6-4?
Enjoy the kids playing. I am sure thy are giving 100%. Can't imagine a "faithful" fan talking down about this team.
They were a power up until they made the mistake of leaving the TVC.

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Take a look at Warrens records in the 80's and 90's. Your right Dundas we should've never left the TVC. Anyways good luck tonight, and hope the injury bug doesn't plague us any longer.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This should be one of the two games the SEOAL wins tonight

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

slimgarrett wrote: Someone needs to step up and be a leader. ?
Really?..... THIS TEAM HAS LEADERS. AND GOOD ONES. There are several senior leaders on this team who lead by what they say to the players- although they are a quieter bunch that may not be heard clear up in the stands every time.... They are respected by their teammates- most important in my opinion. They lead by example- by not giving up, by giving 110% always, by spending the entire off season lifting, working with speed coaches, working with strength coaches and even continue to do so in season. We have kids that leave football practice, grab a bit to eat, and head to Marietta to work with a strength coach! I'm talking about kids like Miller, Leffingwell, and Vincent. Although this team has been having it's issues- they can't be blamed on the player leaders of the team. Stop pretending like you know the dynamics of this team from your view in the stands. That is just ridiculous.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

ttfn wrote:
slimgarrett wrote: Someone needs to step up and be a leader. ?
Really?..... THIS TEAM HAS LEADERS. AND GOOD ONES. There are several senior leaders on this team who lead by what they say to the players- although they are a quieter bunch that may not be heard clear up in the stands every time.... They are respected by their teammates- most important in my opinion. They lead by example- by not giving up, by giving 110% always, by spending the entire off season lifting, working with speed coaches, working with strength coaches and even continue to do so in season. We have kids that leave football practice, grab a bit to eat, and head to Marietta to work with a strength coach! I'm talking about kids like Miller, Leffingwell, and Vincent. Although this team has been having it's issues- they can't be blamed on the player leaders of the team. Stop pretending like you know the dynamics of this team from your view in the stands. That is just ridiculous.
Those 3 boys played their hearts out last night. I really enjoy watching dedicated kids playing ball. Having Chas back on the field really helped.

Return to “Football”