Week 5: Nelsonville-York @ Logan

tl895
Varsity

Re: Week 5: Nelsonville-York @ Logan

Post by tl895 »

Logan_Buckeye wrote:
Tric118 wrote:I hear Logan has a very good Freshman team, what is their record?
They have smashed every one of their opponents by +20 pts... 3-0 at this time. I really don't see them getting beat this year.

Logan Chieftain Stadium Lancaster W, 44-22 5:30
Logan Chieftain Stadium Newark W, 69-6 10:00
JA Stadium Jonathan Alder W, 53-20 5:30
if people in logan are talking freshman football............. well that's just sad......

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ucantcme wrote:do you get chan 15? I know the TV guys give the stats after every game. Get ahold of Mccumber or Ray They have them. Did the Athens messenger have anyone report on the game or GG. I know I heard the stats two or three times. It would be a shame if you dropped the ball on that one.
I've been trying to obtain them - made calls, sent e-mails ... I'm doing my best ... I just need someone to reply - no media outlets covered the game so its a little tougher to find accurate stats.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tl895 wrote:
Logan_Buckeye wrote:
Tric118 wrote:I hear Logan has a very good Freshman team, what is their record?
They have smashed every one of their opponents by +20 pts... 3-0 at this time. I really don't see them getting beat this year.

Logan Chieftain Stadium Lancaster W, 44-22 5:30
Logan Chieftain Stadium Newark W, 69-6 10:00
JA Stadium Jonathan Alder W, 53-20 5:30
if people in logan are talking freshman football............. well that's just sad......
Agreed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THANKS A MILLION FOR THE STATS - THE NY TEAM PAGE WAS UPDATED WITH TEAM STATS AFTER WEEK 4...

http://trivalleyconference.com/Nelsonville-York.html

(My buddy down in McArthur has the VC stats - but hasn't sent them to me yet ... once he does, I will post the new TVC-Ohio leaderboard.)

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Logan-NY frosh game canceled. Logan 9th grade play Athens 9-26 per coaches

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Logan-NY frosh game canceled. Logan 9th grade play Athens 9-26 per coaches
Why was this cancelled?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I've gone back and forth in my head on which team I think will win this game. I really can't pick a winner right now, I will say that I think this game is more of a defining moment for N-Y right now than for Logan. If the Buckeyes win I feel they are back on track and will be tough for anyone in the league to beat (including the Bulldogs), a loss I feel may leave the door open for more than Athens to have a shot at taking down N-Y. A win for Logan would be good for their confidence but I'm not sure we'd really know any more about them than what we already do, 3 maybe 4 chances left for the chiefs to win and this in my opinion is one of them.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

BULLDOG AND BISH, can't quite figure out why, but due to lack of responses from practically everyone, there will be no tailgate at the house. Unbelievable, this big of a game and I know the crowd should be big, but apparently no interest in food and beverages... lol So my TAILGATE PARTY IS A BUST...LOL

So, on the other side of the coin, for those of you that want an easy way in and out of the area, you are welcome to park in my yard... FOR A SMALL DONATION... Don't get trapped in the mad house of the parking lot, just roll right out on the street and go from my place.. :122246

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Look for Nelsonville-York to have as many if not more fans in the stands! This is a big game for there season!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote:
Loganchiefsnation wrote:Logan-NY frosh game canceled. Logan 9th grade play Athens 9-26 per coaches
Why was this cancelled?
Most likely because NY barely has enough Freshman to field a team, a lot of those Freshman get used on JV.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.logandaily.com/sports/keys-t ... f887a.html
5 keys to Friday's Logan-Nelsonville-York game

Play with passion: Obviously, the word “passion” is getting a lot of play this week, but well it should. Somehow, the Chieftains were in last week's game at Jonathan Alder for more than a quarter, and got deep in the Pioneers' red zone twice, without really playing with the necessary zeal to continue to maintain competitiveness. They need to play with energy and enthusiasm; you know the Buckeyes will.

A real rivalry: Playing Nelsonville-York is far different than playing the likes of Columbus Northland, Newark and Jonathan Alder for one simple reason: rivalry. The two schools are located less than 15 miles apart and the two communities have a long, storied (and, sometimes, heated) athletic history. If the Chiefs can't get fired up to play the Buckeyes — and vice versa — there's little sense in even setting foot on the field.

Less yellow laundry: The Chiefs have stubbed their collective toes countless times this season with ticky-tack 5-yard penalties for illegal procedure, offsides and false starts, especially on offense, that have forced them into first-and-15, second-and-long, etc. These are concentration miscues the Purple & White must avoid, or foes will continue to take full advantage of them.

A huge crowd: It's very possible visiting Buckeye Nation will fill the opposite side of the Logan Chieftain Stadium stands. This game could test the stadium's announced seating capacity of 6,500, and an anticipated standing-room crowd may very well be larger than any of the three Logan-Lancaster games (2008, 2010 and 2012) or last season's Jonathan Alder-Jackson playoff game. The atmosphere will likely be charged and it could get kinda raucous and very, very loud, so the Chiefs need to maintain their composure.

Hold that line: When the Buckeyes weren't passing the ball over and/or around the Chiefs during last season's 42-6 win at Boston Field, the Orange and Brown were constantly fooling the Purple & White with counters and inside draw plays, breaking off huge chunks of real estate. N-Y has always been great at running the ball, and if they expect to win this game the Chiefs simply cannot let the Buckeyes get loose up the middle.

—compiled by Sports Editor Craig Dunn

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

Logan has had some emotional games the past few weeks, but i do seem improvement for the team. I believe this friday they will put it all together and get rid of those stupid penalties that keep killing them! Logan Wins this one at home.. Logan 35 NY 21

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Logan_Buckeye wrote:BULLDOG AND BISH, can't quite figure out why, but due to lack of responses from practically everyone, there will be no tailgate at the house. Unbelievable, this big of a game and I know the crowd should be big, but apparently no interest in food and beverages... lol So my TAILGATE PARTY IS A BUST...LOL

So, on the other side of the coin, for those of you that want an easy way in and out of the area, you are welcome to park in my yard... FOR A SMALL DONATION... Don't get trapped in the mad house of the parking lot, just roll right out on the street and go from my place.. :122246
Which yard is yours? I'll happily pay a few bucks to escape gridlock. :-D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Logan_Buckeye ... since I have to leave at halftime to get back to the radio station - I would love to be able to park at your house ... PM me to let me know where to go ... I may be their early, I may not ... I gotta stop by Pfloyds house to check on my old pal to see how he is holding up ... if he talks my ear off about hoops, I may be late ... lol ... if not, I plan on rolling in around 6:45.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yea what address is it Logan Buckeye? I might take advantage also

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Logan-Buckeye...i would love to donate to your cause. Went to Athens last year and my buddy in his truck with two people paid $20.00 and my wife paid $10.00. Of course she is much prettier than my buddy so I understand the discount. What's the address and plan on a Black Chevy Silverado with topper and possibly a white Chevy Tahoe. PM me please!!! and see you tomorrow night..BTW...who you rootin for?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wonder if Logan/Buckeye changes sides at the half--lol

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

All of you that want to park in the yard, I am the 5th house on right past brass ring golf course. 14431, there will be a sign out, and I assure you, it won't be $20..lol that's absurd.. Look for a white house with red shutters, only house with detached garage..

And I don't cross sidelines.... LOL.. I am a true blooded BUCKEYE!!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I think will win by double digits

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Prediction look for Nelsonvile-York to control the lines and hold logan's running game somewhat in check. Look for the Bucks to run over and around a banged up logan defense.

Logan 18

Nelsonville-York 32

Return to “Football”