Wk 5:Notre Dame (3-1) @ Clev. Villa Angela- St. Joseph (1-3)

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Wk 5:Notre Dame (3-1) @ Clev. Villa Angela- St. Joseph (1-3)

Post by TitanPride »

Thoughts and Predictions?

mglight88
SE

Re: Wk 5:Notre Dame (3-1) @ Clev. Villa Angela- St. Joseph (

Post by mglight88 »

Cleve VASJ finished last year at (6-5) which shows the competition they play, gave them enough points to make the post season. I know they are a tradition rich basketball school, but in the middle ranks with football. A long trip up north for the Titans. Hope for a close win by Notre Dame to come home with.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Seen the Titans play lastnight against the Mohawks, I know Northwest is not very good but it is still the biggest school in the county against one of the smallest schools in the state. Notre Dame has a good team for the limited amount of boys at that school. There is always one thing you can count on when you play the Titans they always play hard and with alot of heart. Good luck this week and the rest of the season.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

VA - St. Joe too far north and too much for the Titans.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

That is a haul for a game... Best of luck to the Titans

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ND will need to play 4 quarters.
They played real well the first quarter against NW -- put four of those together we will be in good shape.

DB's need to play the ball and have the mindset when the ball is in the air it was thrown for them and they are the receiver --- turn your head around and make a play on the ball.

A lot of weapons on this team.
Running backs are running very well.
Best of luck. I am proud the way the Titans are playing and handling themselves.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Where is this game at..if Cleveland
Why in the world is little ole nd going clear up there for a game. Surely you could've played valley, Minford,burg,west,Portsmouth or someone else here in Scioto Co

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:Where is this game at..if Cleveland
Why in the world is little ole nd going clear up there for a game. Surely you could've played valley, Minford,burg,west,Portsmouth or someone else here in Scioto Co
valley, Minford,burg,west,Portsmouth get nothing out of playing ND

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I agree, why in the world would your AD schedule a game that far away?? That's crazy.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Why do they play fairland,Chesapeake,rock hill n south point everyone of those teams need some easy games plus nd is better than all those teams

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

First off I'm not sure ND is better than all those teams but the reason valley-burg west-minfords of the world don't schedule ND is because they are a D6 school and you aren't going to get as many first level computer points by beating them as opposed to beating the teams you listed above which are mostly D4 schools. You get 4.5 points for a D4 school as opposed to 3.5 points for a D6 school. After 10 weeks of football that 1 point could put you into playoffs or out or it could be a home game vs a rode contest.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I hope the boys go up there and show 'em what southern ohio football is all about! Big road test for the Titans.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

WE ARE ND wrote:I hope the boys go up there and show 'em what southern ohio football is all about! Big road test for the Titans.
I hope you are right, but the trip alone takes a lot out of the kids. Burg played VASJ at home in 2009 and VASJ played a spread offense and had 4-5 receivers that were all very fast and all were 6'3 to 6'6. VASJ didn't seem to be too fundamentally sound, but had a lot of very good athletes. Burg won that game 45-21, but that means nothing to this game. Good luck ND!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

With budget woes all around I would think this type of travel would be frowned upon. I agree local teams looking for games. Anyways good luck to the titans and glad I'm not making the trip.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

It will be tough.A lot of time on the road and a lot of money out of the pocket.
Next year we will get next to nothing at the gate.

Hopefully a nice win to make the road trip home a little easier.

Karma2
Riding the Bench

Post by Karma2 »

I believe the notre dame/greenup county series a couple of years ago were both good games....both games played at greenup? Can"t remember for sure...Would like to see that series renewed or even lewis county added to notre dame schedule. I would like to see more local ohio games but as the poster said before some local ohio schools would not benefit from playing a D6 school. This series with cleveland st. joseph is a financal disaster for the athletic dept......a win sure would ease the pain. :122249

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Who's to say that Villa Angela didn't pay ND to come up? It's not unheard of that schools pay for buses and traveling expenses to have teams play each other. I'm willing to bet ND hasn't paid much out of pocket for travel.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I heard that ND gets the gate for the game.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Save it for confessions... to costly for school! All parochial schools receive state funding now for their students. A serious violation of Separation of Church & State and the US Constitution, Bill of Rights.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I see you're still hurt from last weeks loss. Not sure why you're so hurt that ND is traveling to play a team.

Return to “Football”