JV Team

Re: (1-0) Valley @ (0-1) Rock Hill

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

VALLEY BIG.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Yea I'm with most people on this one. Valley has got a strong running game, so I see them taking it easily in this one.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Final 40-14. Was a sloppy game. Boylth teams could not catch or hang onto the ball. Still don't like how rock hill never pulls there starters after the other team does. Walking to my car there was adults from rh bragging at least they scored twice on valley. I had to remind them it was against back ups and they just laughed and said it was are fult for pulling the starters. Oh well on to coal grove.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

izladoom wrote:Final 40-14. Was a sloppy game. Boylth teams could not catch or hang onto the ball. Still don't like how rock hill never pulls there starters after the other team does. Walking to my car there was adults from rh bragging at least they scored twice on valley. I had to remind them it was against back ups and they just laughed and said it was are fult for pulling the starters. Oh well on to coal grove.
I dont mind them not pulling them, they need the REPS! The JV kids have JV games, so they get to play. I've never been against a struggling team keeping the 1's in there until the end. Reps, confidence....both needed.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I agree. They need all the practice they can get. This game looked like nothing more than a glorified practice. Very Sloppy. We cut down on penalties but need to hold on to the ball. Coal Grove wont be as forgiving.

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

Does anyone have any stats? I wasn't able to make the game.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

All I can say is WOW!!!! Feeling bad for the boys on the Hill. These boy put in alot of time at practice and dedication. Something needs to give for these boys.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I was told that RH doesnt even hit during practice. Is that true?

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Bleeding Red wrote:I was told that RH doesnt even hit during practice. Is that true?
I hear that the Junior High hits more than the Varsity

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

not the first time this has been addressed but so often in the past rock hill kids transferred to ironton. is that still part of the problem?

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

My goodness, can't blame them for leaving. Why go bust your butt all summer and end up with thee kind of results. Don't know of any kids leaving at RH.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This is a VERY young/raw Rock Hill team. A lot of these kids haven't played football before. There are only 2 seniors on the team. They're definitely being baptized by fire having to come out and play Minford and Valley the first 2 games of the year, but it's a learning experience.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

it does not matter young or not. I have seen several very talented teams come through the football program. There is something going on out there, and people cannot blame their losing seasons on kids leaving. I dont recall any students leaving recently.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

You're right, there have been some very talented teams come through Rock Hill. '05-'07, Rock Hill went 22-8 in the regular season, won an OVC title, and earned 2 playoff berths. Those were talented teams. I distinctly remember a conversation I had with a couple of seniors on the '07-'08 team - friends of mine - during which they warned me that there would be a staggering drop-off in talent after that year. Sure enough, the following year Rock Hill ran the table to go 0-10 and they haven't climbed out of the hole since. And I'm sorry, but I've seen the athletes that Rock Hill has been fielding on Friday nights and they don't have nearly as much talent as some other OVC schools. The talent gap between Rock Hill and Coal Grove, for example, is mind-boggling given the fact that these are adjacent districts and same-sized schools but that's just the way the cards have been delt. And Rock Hill has a lot of kids on the roster so you can't blame non-participation. The talent is just not there. The coaching staff has proved they can win when they have talent at their disposal. There's no doubt, losing breeds losing and turning it around will take work and determination. But it can been done. Consistent winning has happened at Rock Hill before and it can happen again.
Now, I want you to wrap your mind around this and think about it long and hard: the OVC began in 1954. That's 57 years. Rock Hill was a charter member of the conference. Since that time, Rock Hill has won 6 of the OVC titles - 6 out of 57. That's about 1 every decade. Rock Hill has the least number of conference wins and the smallest conference winning pct. of any of those charter members still in the conference. Do not blame one man or a few men for nearly 60 years of mediocrity. The coach won the OVC one time in the last decade - right about average. Knipp and his talented teams of the mid-2000s spoiled you folks and now that the talent has dipped, you've resorted back to your fickle heckling and jeering and criticism.
Those are the facts. They are ugly and inconvenient, but they are facts and if you ignore them you do yourself, the kids, the parents, the coaches, and the community a disservice.
Good luck to Rock Hill the rest of the year.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Interesting fuzz did not know that.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

I am not blaming the coaching staff at Rock Hill for anything. I think this group of men are great. They have hung in there and they have had some rough seasons here lately. I am just trying to figure out the problem. I just look at how big Rock Hill school district is, the district is huge. They should have a ton of players, I know several young men that would be a great addition to the team but for some reason they are not playing. There has to be something going on. The numbers are low at every school, and I blame the dang on video games and also the economy of parents not being able to afford the transportation to and from practice. Just hope this slump goes away soon for the coaches and the school.

Several fans try to blame losing kids to other schools, I cannot recall any recent student athletes leaving, correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck Hill

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Yes, the district - area-wise - is huge, one of the largest in the state if I'm not mistaken. But the student population has dwindled significantly. A few years ago Rock Hill was bordering on D3 numbers. Now, it has a smaller male enrollment than D5 Coal Grove. A few years ago, Chesapeake was smaller than everyone in the OVC, now they have the biggest male enrollment in the OVC. It happens.
I hope the Hill can get over the hump as well. I enjoyed getting to see some of those solid teams/players 5 years ago or so.

Return to “Football”