Minford 38 @ Wellston 19

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

SPAMONY
Varsity

Re: (1-0) Minford @ (0-1) Wellston

Post by SPAMONY »

Minford runs a pretty simple but very physical version of the wing T. You can stop it but it takes 9 in the box to do it. If you look at the years they went to the playoffs and had success there was one common denominator an athletic QB who could throw the ball. I think stapleton gives them that. i look for Minford to have a very good year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Minford by a couple scores. GOOD LUCK TO THE FALCONS.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

SPAMONY wrote:Minford runs a pretty simple but very physical version of the wing T. You can stop it but it takes 9 in the box to do it. If you look at the years they went to the playoffs and had success there was one common denominator an athletic QB who could throw the ball. I think stapleton gives them that. i look for Minford to have a very good year.
So is Minford running the Wing T this year? I thought they ran the double wing flexbone?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Different interpretations and terminology, I have seen Minford in the flexbone this year and in past years.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

This will be a physical game and a very close game. One score at the most will seperate them. I think Wellston had the bigger test in week one and will be playing at home with something to prove. Wellston with the win.

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

I see some good comments on here this week. And I too think there are a lot of questions to be answered. I don't know much about Wellston, but in years past, they have a hard time with Jackson. So to judge how good they are, by how they played them, would be crazy. They will play better, and with more confidence this week. Every year they come into the Minford game ready to play.
But I think the biggest question is what my Falcons are going to do. We all know they have a ton of talent, and speed. But are they going to go into games with the same attitude they had last year. I think last year they just expected teams to just lay down, because of some of the teams we have had in the past. If my Falcons don't come in to the game hungry, and wanting to do anything to win, Wellston will beat us.
Trust me it hurts me to say that. But like I said last week, we need to learn how to win again. Teams won't just roll over and let us run all over them. We have a lot of respect to regain, after last year.
Like I said I know we have the talent to be a great team, I just hope we have the HEART!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Wellston will win this game . The Rockets are young and very talented. Only 35 on the roster (according to the program last week) 13 are freshmen.I think that Wellston hurt themselves last week with penalties and mistakes,not that jackson needed any help . Wellston is much better than they looked last week .

Go Jackson County /except jackson :!:

2013FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 2013FALCON »

Yes this will be a close and hard hitting game, no doubt about that. You can never judge a team by the first game of the season. Minford players all need to play a good solid game like they did against Rock Hill last Friday minus the penalities. I believe Coach Daniels and staff will have these boys fired up and ready to go.

Minford wins this one.

I can only hope that at some point people will stop comparing this years team to last years team. That year is over and yes it was not good. We have different leadership with this years Seniors. We do have a lot of talent at all grade levels this year. These boys are ready to prove it to themselves not their critics.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

2013FALCON wrote:Yes this will be a close and hard hitting game, no doubt about that. You can never judge a team by the first game of the season. Minford players all need to play a good solid game like they did against Rock Hill last Friday minus the penalities. I believe Coach Daniels and staff will have these boys fired up and ready to go.

Minford wins this one.

I can only hope that at some point people will stop comparing this years team to last years team. That year is over and yes it was not good. We have different leadership with this years Seniors. We do have a lot of talent at all grade levels this year. These boys are ready to prove it to themselves not their critics.

Well said!

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Stapleton gives minford many more options , at Qb !
Minford Wins!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

thejoker wrote:Stapleton gives minford many more options , at Qb !
Minford Wins!
What did you all do with Howard?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Actually the real Wing-T is a one back double slot formation as a base, that provides a balanced attack. The term flexbone is simply the same set as the Wing-T

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Falcons imo.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

nutronron2012 wrote:
thejoker wrote:Stapleton gives minford many more options , at Qb !
Minford Wins!
What did you all do with Howard?
He was injured in a scrimmage.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Falcons by 18

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Go FaLCONS

Game_Changer
Waterboy

Post by Game_Changer »

38-19 Falcons
Final Score

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Congratulations to the Falcons on well-played game. Falcons do have a lot of weapons and will have a good season. Even though Wellston lost 38-19. I was encouraged and think they go on a run especially when they get Owens and Brown back. I was proud of the Rockets they never quit. Key plays in the game the monster hit on Michael Downer by the Minford player that stopped the tying drive early and the impressive field goal at the end of half by Minford's Parson. Rockets will be ready for the Pointers

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Glad to hear the Falcons earned the win up in Wellston.. its always tough to win there. Hopefully everyone came away injury free! Good Luck to the Rockets the rest of the way!
Last edited by 28Buck on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rocket Proud wrote:Congratulations to the Falcons on well-played game. Falcons do have a lot of weapons and will have a good season. Even though Wellston lost 38-19. I was encouraged and think they go on a run especially when they get Owens and Brown back. I was proud of the Rockets they never quit. Key plays in the game the monster hit on Michael Downer by the Minford player that stopped the tying drive early and the impressive field goal at the end of half by Minford's Parson. Rockets will be ready for the Pointers

Good post. #4 and I believe #5 are really good backs for Wellston. VERY quick. I see Wellston having success running the ball this year. They hung in there and never quit.

Minford just had too many kids that can run the ball and their offensive line played very well. Defensively there were some holes and Wellston did a good job attacking those holes in the Minford defense.

On to week 3 and these teams both have plenty to work on to get better.

Any win at Wellston is a good win, congrats to the Minford players and coaches. Good luck to the Rockets the rest of the season.

Return to “Football”