(0-1) Columbus Northland @ (0-1) Logan

purpleforlife
Waterboy

Re: (0-1) Columbus Northland @ (0-1) Logan

Post by purpleforlife »

have we had enough of this era of football yet. i know i have.such a sad state of football right now going on in logan.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

All I have to say is thatt Lancaster is just a fair team this year and we should have beat Northland by 2-3 TD the Vikings gave us many opportunities with there mistakes It seem the old problem of discipline and control is starting to show its ulgy head again this season! Most improvment is to happen between games 1-2 and I wittness very little! Next week the Chiefs will play one of the most sorry football progams in this area. The Chiefs should win by 3 td's

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

Logan does need to work on special teams, I'll admit that. I did see some good things and I do think that things are starting to turn around. I'm not trying to make excuses but if high school had red flags and instant replay there would not have been an overtime game but logan would have won by 2. I hope the team continues to work and prepare hard and get it turned around. Best of luck to the Chieftains the remainer of the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan grad/redrocket ... it "sounded" like the Chiefs definitely showed improvement from the Lancaster game - some outstanding efforts all game by McCarty/Music/Maniskas/ Schmeltzer, Tutwiller, Jordan,Branson, Cox, Moore to name a few names I heard all night long on 98.3 ... I know I left out some of those folks in the trenches who got the job done last night as well - it sounded like the defensive front was doing it's job in the middle most of the night as well - ALL steps in the right direction for the Purple ... I know it is taboo these days to bring up OSU's "previous" head coach - Coach Tressel - but I will anyway ... I was always impressed with the preparedness of OSU in the "non-highlight film" areas of the game - kicking game, special teams ... a team, it's players on offense/defense can work there butts off, do their respective jobs/show improvement - all of which can be nullified by missed PATs/the opposing team turning the play of the special teams into their own game highlight (big kick off/punt returns) ... special team play is fixable - discipline to stay in your lanes, tackling etc. ... as both Logan grad/ redrocket brought up the effort is definitely there from the kids ... understanding those things that make or break teams (special team play) - those "non- highlight film" situations that are the difference between a "W" or an "L" ... I'm confident that the message will be delivered by the coaching staff - the Purple will continue to improve ... Newark on the road next week ... looking forward to hearing the continued improvement on the field by the Purple ...

... on a side note - I'm very excited by the good things I am hearing about this years' freshmen Chiefs ! small in number BUT some quality athletes for sure ... I'm hoping the weather starts turning from these 90 degree temps down to more Fall like football temps so I can physically get out to see the Purple in person ... Go Purple !!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I missed the game in person but listened on radio. It seems to me that winning a couple of these close games would cure a lot of the ills this team is experiencing. When you finally win a few, you expect to win. When you are losing, you get that UH-oh feeling and play tight in a close game. I think they improved from game one. If they can hang one on Newark and N-Y, they will enter league play at .500 with a little better attitude. This season is not lost yet!

Return to “Football”