SEOPS H

Re: IRONTON 32 VS Wheelersburg 27 - 8/24 - FINAL

Post by ManitouDan »

it was iron town's skill guys cramping the most

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so sick of hearing about cramps. it was a very good game. and i heard from a very reliable source this series is far from being over.it was a tough hard fought game. congratulations to ironton, and coach vaas. and i think the burg will have another fine year.but seriously i wonder if ironton would do better with powerade, cocacola is their sponsor, and i'm sure would provide the 5 gallon mixes.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Powerade is a must needed option the coach & staff need to consider. I had heard so much about how hard they worked out wit weights & cardiovascular activity, which I don't doubt.
This is an uneducated guess: Could the turf anew be a problem right out of the gate, first game of the season?
DaBurg would have some advantage there if it factored @ all.
Ironton will improve the "D" & secondary. The backfield is a bomb waiting to explode w/that mix of boys(protecting dion for now it seems).
Both teams will prove strong opponents.
I'Town's schedule looms & they must start embracing it's Strenghth.
Burg must prove they have more than a very talented quarterback!
Their schedule gives them a bit more space to embrace other offensive talents on that young roster!
Good luck to both squads!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i wondered the same thing new turf, ironton practicing all preseason on grass.

KVDW
SE

Re: IRONTON VS WHEELERSBURG - 8/24 - UPDATES

Post by KVDW »

caglewis wrote:3RD QTR

3/2 - both teams suffering cramping 6:43 - water break - Schwei - to 47 - FD
WIRO propaganda. :lol: :lol:

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Keep yourself uneducated guessing. Dont blame turf for anything!lol

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Was @ this game tonight. Awesome atmosphere!!! Difference in the game was special teams and turnovers, but that should get better as season rolls along. Eddie Miller is a great QB. Was very impressed with the no-huddle offense. 'Burg needs to shake this one off quick, because their first-half schedule is not exactly an easy one. They head to the hornets' nest next week to take on a very good Coal Grove team.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

i was surprised to hear that they made the announcement over the loud speakers that noise makers were not permitted..... and that was after the head of OHSAA, ol' danny boy ross, stood in the middle of the field and made a big speech about "tradition". of course that announcement met with a huge round of boos and more noise than has been heard in years according to one source. :lol:

heck, "shaking their jugs" has been a "tradition" at wheelersburg for as long as i can remember.

i guess applauding won't be allowed next year.... :(

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

As an unbiased observer, there is no doubt that Ironton is the better team. I have watched my fair share of Ironton games over the past 10-12 years and there is no doubt that this is the worst conditioned Tiger team I have seen. The cramps were bad, but that is not even the half of it. They were flat exhausted in the 3rd quarter. Maybe Burg was running on emotion, but they still looked like they could play late in the game and Ironton looked ready to get on the bus.

Having said that, Ironton is a serious contender in Region 15. They are very talented. I just think I was expecting a team in better shape ready to step on their opponents throats from the opening kickoff.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Crab's brother wrote:As an unbiased observer, there is no doubt that Ironton is the better team. I have watched my fair share of Ironton games over the past 10-12 years and there is no doubt that this is the worst conditioned Tiger team I have seen. The cramps were bad, but that is not even the half of it. They were flat exhausted in the 3rd quarter. Maybe Burg was running on emotion, but they still looked like they could play late in the game and Ironton looked ready to get on the bus.

Having said that, Ironton is a serious contender in Region 15. They are very talented. I just think I was expecting a team in better shape ready to step on their opponents throats from the opening kickoff.
I thought they were two very evenly matched teams, couldnt be any different style wise but very evenly matched. the difference were the two early-easy scores

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

Lets not forget that the hurry up offense ran by the burg will make you look out of shape. That's tough to go against 1st game of the season in the heat for anyone. This was a hard fought game start to finish with the tigers pulling it out. Burg can still make the playoffs with this loss but we could not afford to lose this one with our sched. Great win for our new coach!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

KVDW wrote:i was surprised to hear that they made the announcement over the loud speakers that noise makers were not permitted..... and that was after the head of OHSAA, ol' danny boy ross, stood in the middle of the field and made a big speech about "tradition". of course that announcement met with a huge round of boos and more noise than has been heard in years according to one source. :lol:

heck, "shaking their jugs" has been a "tradition" at wheelersburg for as long as i can remember.

i guess applauding won't be allowed next year.... :(
If ol Danny boy had seen them 2 ladies setting in front of me shaking their jugs, he wouldn't have made that comment.....disgusting, absolutely disgusting,...........but the best thing was their jugs made no noise
Danny boy... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:so sick of hearing about cramps. it was a very good game. and i heard from a very reliable source this series is far from being over.it was a tough hard fought game. congratulations to ironton, and coach vaas. and i think the burg will have another fine year.but seriously i wonder if ironton would do better with powerade, cocacola is their sponsor, and i'm sure would provide the 5 gallon mixes.

With Temps in the upper 80's at game time most area teams has some issues with cramps! Water Water and more Water all day before the game is the way to go!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

People are really complaining because they are tired of watching the other team's players cramp up? Seriously?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My friend IRONMIKE called me to give me an update on this one.
Sadly our connection was bad and I could not hear much of what he was telling me.

Glad to see that Ironton posted the win.
The Johnson Central game should be fun later this season.

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

I think all area games had a lot of problems with cramping last night. since 2 a days started really has not been that hot. in gallia academy Athens game last night. probably 5 or 6 players on each team with cramping problems.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

It wasn't so much that it was cramping. It's cramping, going down 2 yards from your sideline and and then stretching for 5 minutes on the field. It was obvious stall tactics. Even so it was a very good game. I think everyone except for maybe the people in the home locker room thought it was going to be rout. Ironton got no push on the D-line, escpecially on the ends.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Maybe the OHSAA can make a new rule in which all injured players must get themselves to the sidelines before getting medical attention so fans are not inconvenienced by being forced to watch an injured player be cared for on the field. Any injured players who cannot leave the field under their own power will be ejected and suspended for one week.

While they're at it, maybe the OHSAA can also make a rule about players getting sick and puking on the field. I find it rude and inconvenient when a player plays so hard that he makes himself throw up. Then that player has the nerve to puke right there on the field in front of all those people without getting to the sidelines first. So rude.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Maybe the OHSAA can make a new rule in which all injured players must get themselves to the sidelines before getting medical attention so fans are not inconvenienced by being forced to watch an injured player be cared for on the field. Any injured players who cannot leave the field under their own power will be ejected and suspended for one week.

While they're at it, maybe the OHSAA can also make a rule about players getting sick and puking on the field. I find it rude and inconvenient when a player plays so hard that he makes himself throw up. Then that player has the nerve to puke right there on the field in front of all those people without getting to the sidelines first. So rude.

:roll:

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”