WEEK 13 Valley vs. Liberty Union

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

coop
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 13 Valley vs. Liberty Union

Post by coop »

Fire up the GRILLS!!!! Coop is bringin it eastbound for the title game...

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

lineman7 wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. But this liberty Union team reminds me a lot of Crestview from last year. They also was primarily a jet sweep team with very good backs. We just have to play strong fundamental football like we have all year and not make any mistakes, and just take care of our business and we should be fine.

Liberty Union reminds me more of Centerburg from a few years back in the Regional Finals. Both were #6 seeds and their play styles seem pretty similar to me. Against Centerburg, it took Valley 2 full quarters to make adjustments to what they were doing, and by the time they made the adjustments it was basically to late to win the game. I think talent wise Valley is better and I think both teams are getting better every single week. Looking at Liberty Union's schedule it is clear they have got better since the middle of the season and seem to be peaking right now. I think you can say the same thing about Valley as well.

This Valley team reminds me a lot of the team that lost to Centerburg. Both teams were run heavy and depending on a dominant defense, and if it came down to passing to win the game, then Valley will struggle.

In the end I think Valley wins similarly to how they beat Wynford
I agree with a lot of what you said. As I told coop in the minutes following the Wynford game, Liberty Union reminds me a lot of Centerburg in '05.

waverlyfan2012
Riding the Bench

Post by waverlyfan2012 »

so where is the game for sure

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

waverlyfan2012 wrote:so where is the game for sure
Nelsonville York

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

chicken_coop wrote:Fire up the GRILLS!!!! Coop is bringin it eastbound for the title game...
Bring my cooler while ur at it!! Lol

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Interesting information here. Scroll down to Liberty Union and you can see their stats, roster, etc. here. You can try the link below.
http://www.maxpreps.com/division/oh/9if ... sion-v.htm
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Test....

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ok...for some reason I can't start a new topic so I will post this here...

http://www.athensohiotoday.com/sports/l ... 66622.html

Big congrats to Brandon Zimmer, Will Howard, Nate Arnett, Hayden Dunn, Brandon Jordan, and Zach Shope for being named first team.

And an even bigger congratulations to J.J. Hettinger for being named defensive player of the year and coach Darren Crabtree being named Coach of the Year.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Crab's brother wrote:Ok...for some reason I can't start a new topic so I will post this here...

Big congrats to Brandon Zimmer, Will Howard, Nate Arnett, Hayden Dunn, Brandon Jordan, and Zach Shope for being named first team.

And an even bigger congratulations to J.J. Hettinger for being named defensive player of the year and coach Darren Crabtree being named Coach of the Year.
WOW. THAT IS GREAT. THESE ARE VERY DESERVING YOUNG MEN WHO WORK HARD AND NOW IT IS PAYING OFF. A BIG CONGRATS
:aaaaa41

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

CONGRATS FELLAS!!! We are very proud of ALL of you!!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Looks like Liberty Union has almost an identical situation.
http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/sto ... -2012.html

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Alitown wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Fire up the GRILLS!!!! Coop is bringin it eastbound for the title game...
Bring my cooler while ur at it!! Lol
HAHAHAHA!!! You got it buddy.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Crab's brother wrote:Ok...for some reason I can't start a new topic so I will post this here...

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 NOW LET'S ICE THE CAKE WITH A REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I've got a military obligation in Columbus from 8am-noon, so I was probably gonna head to BW's in athens for some college ball and the start of the bucks...then to the parking lot at 5

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Go Valley! ... eek I said it lol.. but in all seriousness.. GO SOC !

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Good luck to valley from a senator. Valley should win this game and be the first seop team to make it out of their region in way too long. I'm sure everyone would of rather seen valley play oak hill, but it's good to see at least one team in the final. I have to say I doubted this team, but I was way wrong, they have all of the ingredients of a champion. Now, go bring home a regional championship for yourselves, school, and area!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Good luck Valley. Bring home that title.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Be realistic, if Valley has any kind of defense they will be in this game. The Oaks held Liberty Union to 79 yards on the ground. What they run is more like a wing T buck sweep out of an unbalanced gun look, where the motion back cuts things back to make it almost like an off-tackle play. The Oaks did a good job of containing it and filling with inside pursuit at the kickout, pull through point where he was trying to cut it back. They also did a good job of having a defender keying and spying the quarterback in the gun and being there when he kept the ball backside away from the sweep. They eventually abandoned this offense and went an under center I formation attack. From there they tossed the ball outside from a tackles over formation and tried to run off tackle, which at times the Oaks defense stuffed. Fairfield Union was able to hit some passes to #20 in key down and distance situations and probably hurt the Oaks through the air more than on the ground. The Oaks also helped the Fairfield defense with some untimely 15 yard penalties. Oak Hill moved the ball well through the air which Im sure Valley can do as well. I thought Hillsdale was a better team than Fairfield, when Hillsdale was knocked out one of the better teams in the region went out.. Good Luck Valley you can do this.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE VALLEY INDIANS FROM THE BAITCAVE , I'D SURE LIKE TO SEE THIS ONE, BUT CAN'T THIS WEEK.
VERY PROUD OF YA'LL HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE IT NEXT WEEK, IF YOU MOVE ON.
GREAT SEASON INDIANS.-----------SCALP LIBERTY UNION.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

WOW.........LOOK FOR THOUSANDS OF SCIOTO COUNTIANS TO INVADE NELSONVILLE SATURDAY!!!! CAN THEY HANDLE THAT MANY SOC FAITHFUL??????? WE WILL SEE......I'M THINK'N MAYBE THE OHSAA MAY HAVE MADE A VERY BAD SITE CHOICE. BUT THATS THEIR PROBLEM...............VALLEY INDIAN FANS WILL PACK'EM IN, "ONE GAME AT A TIME, THE ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!" :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

Return to “Football”