WEEK 13 Valley vs. Liberty Union

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

knowledge
All Conference

Re: Valley vs. Liberty Union

Post by knowledge »

Not jumping the gun here.. just a question. Does the region 19 winner play the 17,18, or 20 winner? Or does the OHSAA re-seed based on travel in the state semi? How does this work?

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Sometimes they leave the brackets, sometimes they reseed. I guarantee Coldwater and Urusaline won't face each other in the semis

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Definitely hoping this is in Jackson.

I can't say for sure, but I would think Jackson definitely filed the paperwork to host.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

How about Athens? I think Ironton played there...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Athens plays next Saturday.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I just hope if valley wins they don't play Youngstown that team is on a whole different level

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

izladoom wrote:I just hope if valley wins they don't play Youngstown that team is on a whole different level
So is Coldwater. Ursuline is the favorite to win it all, but if not for them, Coldwater would be.

gomerpyle
Waterboy

Post by gomerpyle »

Seeding only matters for the first round... top 4 get home games. As we witnessed tonight with #4 Wynford having a shorter drive than #1 Valley.

Neutral site is the #1 goal, sometimes it is impossible.

Frankly, they should look in the Chillicothe or Washington Court House area... but are there any turf fields in that area??

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I expect a very low scoring game I'd probably favor Valley in this one but it's too close to call IMO

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Honestly, I don't give a darn where the game is played and I don't think the kids or coaches do either! This bunch from Valley will show up to play no matter where the game is at and the best team on that night will win. After the way this team has played the last 4 weeks, I believe it's obvious they will leave it all out on the field and in order to beat them the Lions are going to have to play well and earn it. I'm sure the Liberty Union players, coaches and fans wouldn't want it any other way! I expect a great high school football game!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Jesco White wrote:
izladoom wrote:I just hope if valley wins they don't play Youngstown that team is on a whole different level
So is Coldwater. Ursuline is the favorite to win it all, but if not for them, Coldwater would be.
Hey I watched a very good Valley team tonight that might have something to say about all of that...... :-D

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Here4Fun wrote:
Jesco White wrote:
Hey I watched a very good Valley team tonight that might have something to say about all of that...... :-D
I just want our kids to keep focusing the way they have, win and advance. I personally don't care who the favorite is. All we can control is us. The rest will take care of itself 8)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good Luck to the Lucasville Valley Indians from Ironton/South Point, stay focused and take it one game at a time.

GO INDIANS............

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

My sister works at Jackson and was told they did put in to host

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WEEK 13 Valley vs. Liberty Union

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Indians. You can beat this team and make your first ever state semi-final.

Everyone keeps saying Ursiline. Youngstown U needs to get past Kirtland first, who is the defending state champs and had almost everyone back on offense.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Other poster was right, it will be the OHSAAs goal to have an Ursuline or Kirtland versus Coldwater final. Same thing they did to West in 02. But then it was Ursuline and Kenton.

Doesn't matter, they are all tough from here on.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Good luck Indians. You can beat this team and make your first ever state semi-final.

Everyone keeps saying Ursiline. Youngstown U needs to get past Kirtland first, who is the defending state champs and had almost everyone back on offense.
Yabba, the only reason Kirtland won the title was because Ursulines killer schedule...they beat D3 state champ Cardinal Mooney in week 9 last year.

Ursuline 2011
8/26 H Red Lion Christian Academy (DE) (4-5) [5:0] L 18-54
9/2 A Mentor (11-2) [1:1] L 27-38
9/10 A Lake Catholic (10-2) [3:9] L 0-9
9/16 A Zanesville (6-4) [2:7] W 13-9
9/23 H Steubenville (11-1) [3:11] L 17-22
9/30 H St Edward (8-4) [1:1] L 7-20
10/8 N St Peter's Prep (NJ) (7-4) [1:0] L 21-31
10/14 H East Technical (1-9) [1:1] W 39-0
10/21 A Cardinal Mooney (11-3) [3:11] W 25-21
10/28 H St Vincent-St Mary (10-3) [3:9] W 42-31

Ursuline would have curb stomped Kirtland last year.....

Valley needs to worry about Liberty Union and nothing else!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

People need to quit complaining about who Valley will have to play in the Semis. If a team is going to get whacked, they're going to get whacked. Who cares if it's a round earlier or later. If you want to win the big one, you've got to compete with other schools from around the state - yes, even those mean, nasty, despicable, similar-sized Catholic schools everyone down here hates so much. To have the privilege to say you earned a trip to the State Semifinals is something VERY few kids from this area ever experience. Get over the Southeast Ohio inferiority complex and support the kids.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Probably should worry about this week's game first don't ya think?!? Then again I'm sure Liberty Union doesn't mind you looking right past them.
Good Luck Lions!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah fans of Valley worrying about a semi-final matchup will directly affect who wins the regional final game.

Return to “Football”