River Valley @ South Gallia 8/17/2012 Jamboree Game

Rvbballdude
Varsity

River Valley @ South Gallia 8/17/2012 Jamboree Game

Post by Rvbballdude »

Looking forward to seeing the new complex at SG!
I think this could be the 1st win in the series to RV.
South Gallia has a nice RB and some young kids.

Thoughts?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Re: River Valley @ South Gallia 8/17/2012 Jamboree Game

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Better get SG when they are "suppose to be down" might be the last shot for a while

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

Heard River Valley had 57 kids at two a days today. they have a 2 headed monster at tail back with austin lewis getting most of the reps along with kyle brown who is getting some reps and is stonger than lewis

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:Better get SG when they are "suppose to be down" might be the last shot for a while
:roll: ok! :roll: i think with what rv has coming in the soph,fresh,8th gr this may be a tough game for the rebels to win for a few years,just sheer numbers and a really good coaching staff.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Mightymanchamp wrote:Heard River Valley had 57 kids at two a days today. they have a 2 headed monster at tail back with austin lewis getting most of the reps along with kyle brown who is getting some reps and is stonger than lewis
raiders should win by as many as they want ,2nd team should play the entire 2nd half,if the raiders get better on defense this could be a really good team
imho they are a team who has to learn to be tuff both mentally and physically,if they do that,sky is the limit
never impressed with brown at rb thought he was more of a te type,he runs too straight up and not great instincts at rb,lewis is just an athlete!
Last edited by bevo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Bevo wrote:
Mightymanchamp wrote:Heard River Valley had 57 kids at two a days today. they have a 2 headed monster at tail back with austin lewis getting most of the reps along with kyle brown who is getting some reps and is stonger than lewis
never impressed with brown at rb thought he was more of a te type,he runs too straight up and not great instincts at rb,lewis is just an athlete!

lol

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Bevo wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:Better get SG when they are "suppose to be down" might be the last shot for a while
:roll: ok! :roll: i think with what rv has coming in the soph,fresh,8th gr this may be a tough game for the rebels to win for a few years,just sheer numbers and a really good coaching staff.
I agree that RV'S numbers are going to be very difficult for SG to match. I have always said that once RV gets its program built up that it should more often than not have its way in a football series with SG. It really tough for a D6 school to compete with a program 2 divisions bigger. Perhaps it can hold its own with a D5 but over the long haul that is even tough. In football it comes down to numbers and RV is starting to get them. Generally it's much easier for a small school to compete with the larger ones in basketball and volleyball. You don't need near as many kids and usually the small school pulls from the sophomore class and sometime even a freshman. It's good to see RV getting its program headed in the right direction. There is a ton of potential up there!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Bevo wrote:
I think every game this year will be a tough game for the Rebels but I think they will be able to fight on the way to victory some.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

bluedevil wrote:south gallia may be without white (in trouble again) if so river valley by 5-6 tds
now what? legal trouble? that could hurt the chance to get a schollie to tennessee ,or akron!

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

I just watched RV in the OVC Previews against Fairland. While Fairland only had 18 or 19 boys in pads (pathetic), it seemed like RV had every boy in the school out for football (very impressive). RV came out to play. While the final score was 10-7 RV, RV was a lot more physical than Fairland. I truly believe RV could surprise some people this year if they continue to work hard and improve.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

White isnt in trouble so stop making stuff up about him. He is a good student and has learned to work very hard. As for the gallipolis transfers they are good athletes and dont get in trouble.

JLHWSSGGAHS
Waterboy

Post by JLHWSSGGAHS »

Should be interesting Friday Night. Rv should dominate SG based of sheer numbers. But SG does have a few good athletes themselves. Hopefully the coaches are wise and work on getting better and executing, without exposing to much. The main objective it to come out of the Jamboree Game executing better, and staying healthy. I feel that RV has alot of potential to sneek up on some teams this year and to have a very good year. SG I forsee being down this year, based off what they lost last year. Good Luck to both teams!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

JLHWSSGGAHS wrote:Should be interesting Friday Night. Rv should dominate SG based of sheer numbers. But SG does have a few good athletes themselves. Hopefully the coaches are wise and work on getting better and executing, without exposing to much. The main objective it to come out of the Jamboree Game executing better, and staying healthy. I feel that RV has alot of potential to sneek up on some teams this year and to have a very good year. SG I forsee being down this year, based off what they lost last year. Good Luck to both teams!
Game is Saturday.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

JLHWSSGGAHS-very good post. It is about improving, not showing too much, and staying health!!!

They again show everything and make future opponents prepare for everything-depends on the outlook.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I still think SG will win in a close one. They are better than they are getting credit for. However, RV has some sweet uniforms.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Who won?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

RV 7-0 with 11:41 left in 2nd quarter

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I was wrong. RVBBalldude is making my crow sandwich at halftime. 22-0 Raiders.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

That stinks.....i heard that rv might be the team to beat in the ovc. Hope sg comes back. Goodluck to both teams

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Raiders look a lot better from the gun than under center.

Return to “Football”