1984 - Kyger Creek, Eastern, North Gallia
1985 - Southern
1986 - Oak Hill
1987 - Oak Hill
1988 - Oak Hill
1989- Symmes Valley
1990- Kyger Creek, Oak Hill
1991- Oak Hill
oak hill should have never been let in that league,they were almost twice as big as any other team they played in enrollment.
just like they are now!
never understood why they dodged folks

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Re: week 1: Symmes Valley @ Eastern

Post by Vikingcountry »

I do not see this game being close. I have watched both Symmes Valley scrimmage's and the dominated South Gallia and even though the score was tied with Alexander. Symmes Valley still hit harder and played harder. Alot of people won't buy in to Coach Webb's coaching, but it seems to me that it works every year. Proud of Coach Webb and the whole Viking team, one of the reason's I love Football Friday Night.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Well, if Oak Hill played in the SOCII, they'd be the smallest school in that for football. I know, Wheelersburg has only five more male students than Oak Hill does. But, logically, in basketball, baseball, and other sport it makes sense due to so many other SOCI schools not having basketball. They're not dodging playing other schools their size and larger. They, Oak Hill, always seem to have Wellston on the schedule and Minford, who are around the same size, if not larger. Plus, it's not every year that Oak Hill fields an amazing team. They're a relatively small school, and go in talent cycles, as small schools should. Dodging folks? They've played Wheelersburg three times in the past 6 years, Chesapeake every year since 2007, Meigs twice 2006, Minford nearly every year since the late 90's, if not since before then, and other schools, which are relatively larger. Plus, they scheduled Ironton for this year. What other schools would do that? I don't see Symmes Valley running out to Schedule Ironton, Jackson, or other schools with that magnitude of talent. Oak Hill, in their non-conference games, has typically scheduled larger and better schools. And,the other part is, even though many of the years they'll lose to them, they still schedule them. Oak Hill isn't scheduling Manchester, Hannan, Fayetteville, and other small schools. They've been in the SOCI for football since their inception into the SOC in 1992, and will continue to be there. They've only won the SOC football championship twice. It's not like they take these small schools to the woodshed every year. Again, they, Oak Hill, go through cycles in talent, as well as all the other small schools in the SOCI. Just look at Notre Dame. For four years, they didn't win a game, but they didn't drop football. They rode the wave out, knowing logically, that they'd win games again. And, they have since then.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hey vikings , ole tiger bait hopes ya have a swell year.

Smashmouth
Waterboy

Post by Smashmouth »

eagles wrote:Never Played before? Symmes has been to the playoffs several times recently. I'm new to this board and southeastern Ohio football, what does SV like to do, besides win as far as X's and O's?
To answer your question, Rusty likes to run the ball down your throat. He always has a physical team that really takes its' toll on a team after the first couple of series. He's also a ballhog who likes to keep your defense on the field.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Ok, if anyone is interested, through some research I have found the official word that SV joined the SVAC at the beginning of the 1971-1972 school year. We remained in the SVAC until it was no more. So, SV and Eastern have played in football at least 20 times.
Coaching and attitudes have changed a lot over the years.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

1longtimeviking wrote:Ok, if anyone is interested, through some research I have found the official word that SV joined the SVAC at the beginning of the 1971-1972 school year. We remained in the SVAC until it was no more. So, SV and Eastern have played in football at least 20 times.
Coaching and attitudes have changed a lot over the years.
That web site is wrong from 76-86 KC never played Symmes Valley I know for a fact maybe once or twice in Basketball,not in any other sport.
They rejoined about 88 or so i know for a fact!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

With all due respect, I don't know who Kyger Creek played, but according to official school records and Symmes Valley yearbooks, Symmes Valley joined the SVAC the 1971-1972 school year and remained in the SVAC until it's demise. I also know that there is a banner for 1976 SVAC champs in girls track hanging in our gym.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

SV left the SVAC in the 70's to join the OVC. Not sure what year but the last year in the OVC was 84 -85. The 85 - 86 year was independent before going back to the SVAC.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

farmer wrote:SV left the SVAC in the 70's to join the OVC. Not sure what year but the last year in the OVC was 84 -85. The 85 - 86 year was independent before going back to the SVAC.
Just checked the year books, Symmes Valley left the SVAC the 75-76 year to the OVC they remained out of the SVAC until 86-87 when they rejoined the SVAC and stayed there until River Valley was formed they then applied to the SOC.
This is 100% accurate

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Thanks for the info. This makes sense now then. All of this was before my time. So SV was in the SVAC from 1971-1975 and then again from 1986-1992. So then SV and Eastern have played at least 10 times in football.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

valley big

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

eastern has some decent athletes not sure how many play football though,if they do they could be good!
symmes valley 24
eastern meigs 12

buckeyenation8
Waterboy

Post by buckeyenation8 »

Symmes Valley is by far the more talented team. However, first game jitters may hold the scoring down. SV takes this one comfortably.
Symmes Valley 27
Eastern 6

vike fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vike fan »

42-12 SV to much offense for the eagles!

vike fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vike fan »

42-12 SV to much offense for the eagles!

Smashmouth
Waterboy

Post by Smashmouth »

Game was tied at halftime 6-6. But over the past few years the Vikings have been notorious for being a second half team. First game jitters probably also contributed. Final score was 13-28 Symmes Valley I do believe. Best of luck to the Eagles this season!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Yes, Final score....SV 28 Eastern 13. SV looked like a different team in the second half. Eastern has a better team than I expected.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Easterns defense played very well, offense struggled. Symmes Valley has a very good team. Ran the ball well all night long

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Thought Valley would win this one by a bigger margin, but a hard earned win in week one can only make a team better in the long run.

Return to “Football”