South Gallia End Zone Tailgating

bballfool
Freshman Team

South Gallia End Zone Tailgating

Post by bballfool »

For the last 10 or so years a small group of fans have tailgated in the south end zone at South Gallia High School Football games. It was more of a community get together than tailgating. A time for old friends and young alike to sit and catch up as well as have a little bite to eat. It was done originally for the purpose of feeding kids that stayed after school that didn’t really have the money to afford to eat at the concession stand. Many donations were made, but no one was ever ask to pay anything, and all of the moneys collected were given back to the sports programs at South Gallia. The football coach has told us many times how the players look to see that we are there and love to see the support. We have bought rib protectors, glasses, shoes, insurance and many other things with the money donated. We have fed the football teams, officials, opposing teams coaches, cheerleaders and fans, administrators, board members and children. I tell you all of this because for what I have been made to understand, there is no place for the South End Endzone crew in the new football facility and it saddens me to see something so positive be left out.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Re: South Gallia End Zone Tailgating

Post by wildthingRV »

If it's really important to you, and I assume it is, you'll find a place. You mean to tell me that there is NOWHERE on campus to tailgate? Nonsense. It might not be the south end zone, but that just means that you start a new chapter of an old tradition.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I can't see there being any room in the south end zone because that will be the main entrance I believe. Have to make it happen in the north end zone and just pack everything over there I guess.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

We have been told no where within the football area. We could tailgate in the parking lot, but not watch the game from there. When we tailgate it was an all evening affair. We actually started as early as 4:30 and were still serving food at the end of the third quarter.

Return to “Football”