IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HOW BOUT IT FOOTBALL FANS,
WILL THIS CONTEST LOSE ANY OF IT'S LUSTER----------OR STILL A YOUGOTTA TO SEE.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: IRONTON VS. WHEELERSBURG WEEK 1, YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't see much changing. It is still Ironton vs Burg and the kickoff to the season! I think this year will bring a HUGE crowd at the newly renovated Ed Miller Stadium!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This game will always be huge and it sets up the winner with a ton of playoff points.

Throw in the fact that this will be the Burg's first game in the new surroundings and I think that should be an added inspiration for the Pirates. Pirates wil have to replace there QB who accounted for almost half of there offense last year. Burg does return quite a lot from last years team, especially on defense so that should help out too. Lot of players just getting there first taste of varsity ball last year in the opening game.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I go ahead and start typical Ironton Burg game Tigers win by 24. Hahahahahahahaha! I'm joking. This is going to be a feeling out game. Tigers under new leadership and new players. How will they do under fire? Plus no one wants to lose in their new stadium so the Tigers gotta watch out for a very fired up Burg team. I think it's said every year during this game, but this year it means even more, the team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win. Tigers last year lost at least 2 games because of fumbling. Will they be able to hold onto the ball? The team that makes the least mistakes and is able to capitalize on the other teams mistakes will win this game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i predict with this weather it will be bout 118 degrees. one thing i'd like to see this year out of the fighting tigers, is to replace the water with powerade. coca cola is their sponsor and powerade is a coke product.i'm sure they'd supply the ironton team with the 5 gallon mixes, it works so much better than water, in replenishing what the body loses , especially in these high heat, heavy humidity situations.and the pressure is on fighting tiger incoming coach mark vaas to take this from the burg, and start his career. and the pressure is on burg, not to lose this traditional game, especially in their new digs.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

They should play this game on Saturday, what a way to open up your new facility. The crowd would be crazy! Come on Coaches change the game to Saturday fans all over would love to see 2 great programs. What does everyone one think?

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i predict with this weather it will be bout 118 degrees. one thing i'd like to see this year out of the fighting tigers, is to replace the water with powerade. coca cola is their sponsor and powerade is a coke product.i'm sure they'd supply the ironton team with the 5 gallon mixes, it works so much better than water, in replenishing what the body loses , especially in these high heat, heavy humidity situations.and the pressure is on fighting tiger incoming coach mark vaas to take this from the burg, and start his career. and the pressure is on burg, not to lose this traditional game, especially in their new digs.
:122246 OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This isnt going to be another "CRAMP UP" game is it???????

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

OSU 77 wrote:They should play this game on Saturday, what a way to open up your new facility. The crowd would be crazy! Come on Coaches change the game to Saturday fans all over would love to see 2 great programs. What does everyone one think?
If this game was to be changed to a saturday, then a few more thousand people would not be able to get a seat or find a place to stand! This game is always HUGE! and the stadium is always packed out! I couldnt even imagine if this game was to be played on a saturday! besides, i think BURG wouldnt want to mess up a regular schedule of playing on friday. I wouldnt think anyway?????

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Bring in some seats and lets watch 2 great programs on Saturday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateFan2 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i predict with this weather it will be bout 118 degrees. one thing i'd like to see this year out of the fighting tigers, is to replace the water with powerade. coca cola is their sponsor and powerade is a coke product.i'm sure they'd supply the ironton team with the 5 gallon mixes, it works so much better than water, in replenishing what the body loses , especially in these high heat, heavy humidity situations.and the pressure is on fighting tiger incoming coach mark vaas to take this from the burg, and start his career. and the pressure is on burg, not to lose this traditional game, especially in their new digs.
:122246 OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This isnt going to be another "CRAMP UP" game is it???????
that's what needs to be avoided, i don't know if you ever had these terrible cramps. but by large they can be maintained to some extent.i don't think you are gonna have to worry bout dem fighting tigers playin dead.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT'S GREAT BUDDY-----------WE IS TALKIN FOOTBALL, AND IT'S GETTIN CLOSER WITH EVERY MOON.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Looking for a GREAT game. Hope this is not the last time we get to see these 2 great programs play each other!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree, last year the fighting tigers were 2 players away from d5, it's a game that needs played every year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm hearing this may be one of the largest, most physical, tiger teams ever.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I was told they were in the best shape an ironton team has been in since the early 90's. They are big in the line and quick on the line...could be an impressive year...

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

There is no question that this was the most intense summer conditioning I've seen and heard an Ironton team going through in a long long long time. A much needed improvement. Well see how or if that translates.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Just for my info, Did your new coach give the month of June off for vacation? Sounds like he has worked there butts off!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Word on the street is that Itown will be very good at the skill positions but their line is a big question mark right now. Lots of inexperience on the line. Burg lost Shankweiler but returns many starters from last year.

This could be one of the better Burg/Ironton games in a long time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

after all these 100 plus days, and drought conditions. i'm ready to just tee it up.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Bleeding Red wrote:Burg lost Shankweiler but returns many starters from last year.
I assume you mean Shears? Shank graduated in 2011.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Any word if the 2 AD's has worked anything out to keep playing. Was also told that they will not be playing in basketball after this upcoming year.

Return to “Football”