D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

As I previously stated awesome season burg & one helluva classy interview by burg coach after game about building up burg sports & others follow!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Burg fans was warned. CHS whole nother level of football. The seating sides made such a huge difference

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
CWVoice
Waterboy

Post by CWVoice »

Great season, pirates. Maybe we'll see you when the little white balls start flying.

By the way, shame on you Burg fans who left in the 3rd. #Fairweather

Thanks for a fun week of discussion. Catch you all on the flipside.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to The Burg on a great year

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

vladimir wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:
vladimir wrote:
I did see this coming but didn't want to come across as unsupportive for an area team.

In reality, if W'burg was in the MAc they'd be the 5th or 6th place every year. Our region just got exposed on how weak it really is.

Can't see any team from our region competing with even St. Henry, ML, Ft. Recovery, Versialls, or Minster either.

What's their secret? No soccer.
& German/ Amish mix & work ethic.
Education and low unemployment. 90% German catholic.

In speaking with a group of CW's parents, not one kid is a D1 prospect. # 1 who scored three TDs tonight is going to the small college of Sinclair on a baseball stipen.
The area (conference) has heavy Amish influence. Woodworking, manufactured home building factories, & room warming handmade fireplace factories, but 70% of COLDWATER residents are with Honda factory & similar factories (low unemployment)since the 80's have moved into COLDWATER & a few other towns in conference from Amish lifestyle to become employed with their hardworking labor skills diluting the prominent Amish lifestyle as 3 generations have evolved.
As told to me last year at state finals by CW & Marion local, & minster fans supporting one another.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

After tonight' games, the MAC is 13-1 in this years playoffs. Marion Local plays for a spot in the finals tomorrow. 9 state titles and 3 runner-ups in the last 6 seasons- fans of the MAC don't have to talk smack on websites. They let the kids do the talking on the field.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Raider6309 wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:I doubt Coldwater has 5 D1 skill players and Mr football
True dat.
But ya don't need 5 division 1 prospects that Lose the state final, when ONLY 1 to 2 of them will see consistuent college play...
When you have
Players that win the state every year!!!!
The statsthey keep repeating are just unbelievable.
Sorry, Athens fan, I was there last year & I was almost as heartbroken as you!!!

Sad to hear WHS faithful are not staying to see their future players last offensive drive: " per WNXT webcast"
Yes you do in the bigger divisions. Why we have divisions.

PostFri Nov 27, 2015 10:37 pm

i understand the divisions.
Back to when it was class
A
AA
AAA

COLDWATER HAS HAD a few division 1 prospects lately (Ross HoMan), but didn't need 5 of them as Athens did & still lose the state. The point being: 70 well coached & consistient players far better & find themselves in the state final 7 consecutive years.win 3 & are working on their 4th.compared to 5 div.1 prospects who LOSE the state & get there once in school history.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

mikepike wrote:After tonight' games, the MAC is 13-1 in this years playoffs. Marion Local plays for a spot in the finals tomorrow. 9 state titles and 3 runner-ups in the last 6 seasons- fans of the MAC don't have to talk smack on websites. They let the kids do the talking on the field.

Great post. Bet you've been itching all week to hit submit on that one!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I have watch SEO football a lot the past ten years even though I live near Springfield, because I have had family playing on teams down there. I like to go home to watch area teams play but the football in SEO is nothing like football anywhere else in Ohio. The better teams in SEO need to quit playing the so good KY/WV teams and play some of the teams in the West and North part of Ohio to prepare them for the real football they are going to see in the play offs. It's not the kids fault that they are not prepared to play in the big games of the state because they play a soft schedule and think that they are good, that goes to the coach's and AD for not making an effort to make a good tough schedule to prepare them. I think it is pretty clear that the OVC, TVC and SOC are not ready for big time football yet.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens, from the TVC, was ready last year. Came within a play of winning it all.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Maybe Wheelersburg needs to start scheduling to play one or two of these tougher teams up North to get experience..

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sadly for W-Burg this was a one-sided affair with the better team doing what they seem to do every season, and that is make a good team look lost.

W-Burg had a good season and has nothing to hold their heads down about.

C-Water is so use to playing in this game that it is almost just another game to them, when for most teams they face it is a huge game.
The schedule prepares them much more than 99.9% of the teams they face in the semi finals.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

mikepike wrote:After tonight' games, the MAC is 13-1 in this years playoffs. Marion Local plays for a spot in the finals tomorrow. 9 state titles and 3 runner-ups in the last 6 seasons- fans of the MAC don't have to talk smack on websites. They let the kids do the talking on the field.

13-1 b/c Minister lost to Ft. Recovery who is another member MAC school.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably the best small school conference in the country

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
vladimir wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote: & German/ Amish mix & work ethic.
Education and low unemployment. 90% German catholic.

In speaking with a group of CW's parents, not one kid is a D1 prospect. # 1 who scored three TDs tonight is going to the small college of Sinclair on a baseball stipen.
The area (conference) has heavy Amish influence. Woodworking, manufactured home building factories, & room warming handmade fireplace factories, but 70% of COLDWATER residents are with Honda factory & similar factories (low unemployment)since the 80's have moved into COLDWATER & a few other towns in conference from Amish lifestyle to become employed with their hardworking labor skills diluting the prominent Amish lifestyle as 3 generations have evolved.
As told to me last year at state finals by CW & Marion local, & minster fans supporting one another.

I guess I just didn't see all the horse and buggies out in the parking lot. I also missed the men with the black hats and big beards, along with the women in bonnets ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's an almost 99% German Catholic beer drinkin' community.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldwater_(Ohio)

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pretty sure the Amish population is further north, like Putnam County.

Edit: maybe even further east. Holmes & Tusc counties.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens, from the TVC, was ready last year. Came within a play of winning it all.
Thank Joe for that cause that's just about all they had. No D at all and that's why they lost. Not a complete team.

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

Nothing to hang your heads about here. There were some good things from the burg. Really liked 31 blowing up some perimeter blocking... Felt bad for cw de playing contain... He was containing but took s beating from those pulling linemen... Ouch... He's gonna feel tomorrow for sure. Felt bad for your snapper... Several issues in first half... As mentioned earlier by another poster and I concur, if your region isn't preparing you to compete at highest level, seek it out. Not sure you're going to get a Mac school wanting to travel that far but beating you guys is worth some points so who knows... Iron sharpens iron.... Enjoy some of the conversation this past week... See ya down the road perhaps

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Overall, I feel burg played below their capabilities tonight. Don't know if they were nervous or what, but I thought they would be the more physical team and they weren't. Burg's special teams were a catastrophe. Blocked punt, muffed punt, poor kickoff coverage, poor kickoff returns, mishandled PAT, you name it. Gave CW short fields and extra opportunities. Also they couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

But gotta give CW the respect it deserves. Championship quality. Their defense was able to hold the running game in check, and their offense took advantage of an overmatched burg pass defense. Also, Schoenherr (#4), was an absolute beast tonight.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Valenth wrote:Maybe Wheelersburg needs to start scheduling to play one or two of these tougher teams up North to get experience..

All SOC II teams need to do this or at least get north of Chillicothe, Ohio into some of the C-bus or surrounding schools that are near our same size. Amanda CC, Jonathan Alder or Clinton-Massie would be a good pickups instead of the OVC. I know Massie has a week 3 opening.

Return to “Football”