GAHS FOOTBALL 2012

superblue
All Conference

Re: GAHS FOOTBALL 2012

Post by superblue »

No problem Kv.. Just wanted you to know if that was your son he made a good impression.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

JLHWSSGGAHS wrote:Who cares how big the playbook is. That is not the key to having success. The key is execution!! Coach Saunders ran the Wing-T and had success. Coach Boko ran more of a spread, and had success. So which offense is better? Two different styles, but each executed. So give me whatever offense you want and I will like it, as long as each player is executing their assignment.

saunders running the wing t is news to me. the power I is what he ran :mrgreen: countered and optioned off the basic plays and had success at it!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Coach Saunders ran the wing-t from 1993 on.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

91blue14 wrote:
JLHWSSGGAHS wrote:Who cares how big the playbook is. That is not the key to having success. The key is execution!! Coach Saunders ran the Wing-T and had success. Coach Boko ran more of a spread, and had success. So which offense is better? Two different styles, but each executed. So give me whatever offense you want and I will like it, as long as each player is executing their assignment.

saunders running the wing t is news to me. the power I is what he ran :mrgreen: countered and optioned off the basic plays and had success at it!!

Didn't you play for Saunders 91???? Heard you were a pretty good player in your day.... I understand now why you love the wing -tee... According to mtswngrvsg you were running the wing and didn't know it.............LOL.......LOL........

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

The young man your speaking of as OC at Gallipolis HS did ok at RV as OC,they score points in spurts,sometimes the play calling would make you scratch your head,they were not really good fundamentally on offense passed when he had no receivers.
The big thing at RV was they had no defense at all.
If he has talent he will be ok,this Blue Devil team will prob be .500 at best with the schedule they play. Losing the size they lost is really going to hurt! Line play will have to pick it up!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

With the schedule they play?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

superblue wrote:
91blue14 wrote:

Didn't you play for Saunders 91???? Heard you were a pretty good player in your day.... I understand now why you love the wing -tee... According to mtswngrvsg you were running the wing and didn't know it.............LOL.......LOL........

you know the deal superblue :mrgreen:

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:With the schedule they play?
Wonder if he is complimenting or putting down our schedule?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

He maintains The Blue Devils will be .500 "at best" "with the schedule they play". I personally don't see how the schedule will be so tough. I would like to know who on the schedule is supposed to be so good this year? I have also read where the SEOAL is supposed to be "down". I think there will be parity in the league this year. In the non-league I really only see Ironton as a possible threat this year. JMO :122249

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Wish I had a crystal ball 78 to answer these questions.... I agree with your outlook about our schedule... We lost a lot of senior talent last year, especially on our line. It would be interesting to know what other SEOAL teams lost last year... Jackson had to loose a lot of talent.. Parity in the SEAOL???? Quite possible... Non league schedule, very suspect... Marietta & Vinton County...Why??? always been hard to beat I-town, but with new coaching staff maybe a win is possible.... Licking Heights?, no idea about this game... The Athens game should tell us something about where we are headed... This schedule could easily produce 8 or 9 wins, and if all teams are down could cause us to miss play-offs....

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

last year gallia academy's opponents finished with a combined regular season record of 55-45. I gave a quick look over the teams schedules and looking at some different sights. i figured the combined record of opponents this year some where in the area of 51-49. So i would say the 2 schedules will be comparable. Is this the last year of the Ironton contract? For some reason i thought Marietta was dropping off the schedule also, and was the licking heights deal only a 2 year deal. And with Chilliocthie leaving league If so does anyone know what different opponents may be on schedule in 2013 and are they finalized yet.

Licking heights is supposed to be improved this year, and a lot of people think Vinton county is headed in the right direction, so that should be close to an even trade for Wellston. I think ironton will be a bit weaker and logan a bit better. Chillicothie will be a better team but they play a tough non league schedule so record will be close to same and portsmouth may not win a game.

Either way i think strength of schedule will be similar but it looks like in 2013 we may not know many of our opponents that well.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Came by the weightroom this morning, lots of cars in the parking lot. I hope this is a good sign.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Came by the weightroom this morning, lots of cars in the parking lot. I hope this is a good sign.
Sounds like it is a good sign, 78... Speaking of the weight room, most new schools in the state have a weight room in their school... Instead of day dreaming in study halls the kids can go to the weight room and work out.... That way when school starts they don't have to waste time at practice lifting and can concentrate on football activities.... I talk to a lot of high school football fans throughout the state and a lot of schools play the JV game on Sat.. That way they have the whole week to prepare for there next game... Anyone else have an opinion on playing on Sat....

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

I believe RV is already doing this for this reason.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

GAHS used to play all its JV games on Saturday. Don't remember when they started playing on Mondays.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I don't know either. Could it be because of paying a bus driver on Satudays?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How did GAHS do in the 7 on 7 drills at Coal Grove Tuesday evening?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Did they have a 7 on 7 scrimmage at Coal Grove Tuesday?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I think they were there Monday morning and this morning. i have not heard how either one went.

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

Heard it was a better performance than Mondays which was day one of 7-7. A lot of work still needed on passing and route timing was what I was told. That's something that takes a lot of practice and hopefully willmwork out. Also appeared like they were throwing to one picked receiver and not throwing to say the open man. Again probably just trying to get fundamentals down . I guess if you kept score we prob lost the contest Never good but not always a sign of a bad team especially day 2

Return to “Football”