Westside Working hard in off-season

swaggedout10
Waterboy

Westside Working hard in off-season

Post by swaggedout10 »

I heard these seniors and juniors are really working hard and are very strong!!! What's your thoughts? And how's the backfield looking this year :?:

black76
JV Team

Re: Westside Working hard in off-season

Post by black76 »

Most teams are working hard right now...they just don't boast so much about it. 8) Seems like every year West siders are so proud they just don't know when to let things take care of themselves. I am sure they will have a fine team. But Lot of teams were down last year, won't be the case this year.

swaggedout10
Waterboy

Post by swaggedout10 »

black76 wrote:Most teams are working hard right now...they just don't boast so much about it. 8) Seems like every year West siders are so proud they just don't know when to let things take care of themselves. I am sure they will have a fine team. But Lot of teams were down last year, won't be the case this year.
People are gonna be surprised about how good west is this year. not saying other teams wont be good but the senior class has always beat everybody by a pretty good margin and has always been a lot stronger 8)

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

I just hope that these are not students boasting about how good their team is going to be. I believe west will be fairly good, but also I have a very realistic view on competition. We will find out how good west really is once the season begins!

swaggedout10
Waterboy

Post by swaggedout10 »

It really kills me to see west people downing there own team... there is a difference between cocky and confident.. ive seen a lot already this year and its amazing how much they are doing in the weight room and its only May!!! Im very confident that this years team can make a state run... but you all will see when the season starts.. A great group of young men and athletes!! Wish them the best this year!! WESTSIDE PRIDE :-D

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

swaggedout10 wrote:It really kills me to see west people downing there own team... there is a difference between cocky and confident.. ive seen a lot already this year and its amazing how much they are doing in the weight room and its only May!!! Im very confident that this years team can make a state run... but you all will see when the season starts.. A great group of young men and athletes!! Wish them the best this year!! WESTSIDE PRIDE :-D
If your user name wasn't 'swaggedout' people might take this seriously.

jtj
Waterboy

Post by jtj »

I believe all teams are working hard for the upcoming season, I do think that the handful of Seniors on West's team will make for an interesting season. This team will play hard an tough - looking forward to some exciting Friday night games.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

swaggedout10 wrote:It really kills me to see west people downing there own team... there is a difference between cocky and confident.. ive seen a lot already this year and its amazing how much they are doing in the weight room and its only May!!! Im very confident that this years team can make a state run... but you all will see when the season starts.. A great group of young men and athletes!! Wish them the best this year!! WESTSIDE PRIDE :-D

Kid, go to class. If you wanted to try and hide who you are, you shouldn't put the 10 at the end of your screen name and then ask about the backfield.

I want to first say that I have a ton of respect for Coach Triplett and what he has done on the Westside. He has built a solid program, with a very strong fan base that loves their team. West works hard and plays hard, so they will always be in contention. But it is topics like these that just annoy other fan bases. I know that not every fan from West is that way, but I believe a lot of people look at Sider fans like this because of these topics. Good luck to the Siders in 2012. I know they will be a handful for the rest of the league.

West football......undefeated in off season hype since 2003. :122245 :122245 :122245

Sider1990
Waterboy

Post by Sider1990 »

actually swaggedout10 is a former football player lol i know who he is he graduated form west in 2010

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

You young ones want a pat on the head for working hard? Come on man, just grind and keep shut up about it, the season will show it! Go Siders!

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

Listen Boys, I dont know if this is true or not, but if you guys are on here talking about yourselves, grow up, you will get all the talk you want about yourselves on saturday morning after a big win against Burg hopefully, i hope this isnt true, you boys dont need to worry about this silly website, this is for all of us has beens who remember playing hard on those friday nights, you guys win a few games and a i promise you see your name on here, West Side Pride Forever !

socman95
Waterboy

Post by socman95 »

I have seen the west team workout this off season. Many lineman whom are benching 350+, on a bad day. 2 of their o-lineman run a 4.9 40, and are probably the strongest in the area. The backfield is loaded, unlike any west backfield we've seen recently, incredibly fast and strong. Speed and strength will be what opposing teams face here. Hard work and dedication is all thats been happening in West's facilities.

An no, I am not a player, I am just a very involved fan.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Hey crabs brother, no one cares if your upset. If kids or adults want to brag on a west forum, they can. Go to another forum if you don't like it.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:Listen Boys, I dont know if this is true or not, but if you guys are on here talking about yourselves, grow up, you will get all the talk you want about yourselves on saturday morning after a big win against Burg hopefully, i hope this isnt true, you boys dont need to worry about this silly website, this is for all of us has beens who remember playing hard on those friday nights, you guys win a few games and a i promise you see your name on here, West Side Pride Forever !
Very good post. I second that statement.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Westsider1993 wrote:Hey crabs brother, no one cares if your upset. If kids or adults want to brag on a west forum, they can. Go to another forum if you don't like it.
Thanks for proving my point.

And great post by WestSideFan2002.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

soc4life wrote:I have seen the west team workout this off season. Many lineman whom are benching 350+, on a bad day. 2 of their o-lineman run a 4.9 40, and are probably the strongest in the area. The backfield is loaded, unlike any west backfield we've seen recently, incredibly fast and strong. Speed and strength will be what opposing teams face here. Hard work and dedication is all thats been happening in West's facilities.

So your telling me this backfield is unlike any we've seen recently. Do you realize how dumb that quote is. 2 years ago you had arguably the best player to ever play at West. He also has a chance to start for a major BCS school as a Redshirt Freshman. And I guarantee West has no one as big or fast as him in the backfield.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

soc4life wrote:I have seen the west team workout this off season. Many lineman whom are benching 350+, on a bad day. 2 of their o-lineman run a 4.9 40, and are probably the strongest in the area. The backfield is loaded, unlike any west backfield we've seen recently, incredibly fast and strong. Speed and strength will be what opposing teams face here. Hard work and dedication is all thats been happening in West's facilities.

I'm gonna have to call bullcrap on that one. At the 2012 NFL combine only two OL ran under 5.0 in the 40 (Matt Kalil 4.99 and Donald Stephenson 4.94).
Now I'm sure they are great kids, and I'm sure they are working their tails off. But to say you have two O-Linemen with Elite NFL speed for their position, I don't believe it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

IRONFALCON wrote:

I'm gonna have to call bullcrap on that one. At the 2012 NFL combine only two OL ran under 5.0 in the 40 (Matt Kalil 4.99 and Donald Stephenson 4.94).
Now I'm sure they are great kids, and I'm sure they are working their tails off. But to say you have two O-Linemen with Elite NFL speed for their position, I don't believe it.
Agreed. I know of only 1 lineman in this area that D1 schools are truly interested in. And he isnt from West.

I think West will be a very good football team, but I dont think they will beat Burg. I do hope that they prove me wrong :)

socman95
Waterboy

Post by socman95 »

Your more than welcome to come witness it for your self. Give the kids credit. You can acomplish a lot in 4 years.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I agree with both, give the boys some credit, they have been pushing themselves very hard these last couple of months, yes these times have been hand timed, but still for a 6'5 285 pound Jesse Scott kid to run a 4.9 hand timed is very very very impressive. West Side Football will be dangerous this season, many explosive skill guys, with a huge athletic line, And to comment on Bleeding Reds comment, I See the Pirates going down 2 years in a row !

Return to “Football”