Weight Rooms 2012

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Re: Weight Rooms 2012

Post by usctrojans1 »

Along with the strength of the o-line several of the backs are over 200+ lbs and are fast, bolin-hitchens, dray, murray. Welch , and gilbert. They are pushing themselves daily to become a better team.

HomeTownHero_13
Waterboy

Post by HomeTownHero_13 »

The tigers up front are just flat out not being physical enough, if they dont change that we wont win many games. Our LB/Secondary need to get to the ball sooner and faster. Other than that i didnt see many problems with tigers as a team on saturday

socman95
Waterboy

Post by socman95 »

You claim the bench press in a irrelevant football excercise: West has 2 O/D-lineman cleaning 340lbs. Several skilled positions cleaning over 270lbs. This is a full body lift! I'd like to see some of the local teams' numbers on this lift.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

datchillicav wrote:"You can bench 300 pounds? I can kick your butt!"

Thats just how I feel about this subject. Don't really give a crap how much someone benches. To an extent I could care less about any lift but especially bench. There is a little thing called functional strength and it has nothing to do with bench and everything to do with winning football games. Show me a team of powerlifters who bench 300 pounds and I'll show you a team that is just as likely to lose 10 games as win 10 games.
Here is the thing evidently you no nothing about the game of football. If benchpress is so insignificant why is it done in every college and pro combine? I myself think squats and cleans are more important but benchpress is vital to upperbody strength. And if you dont think thats important you better have a bunch of QB's ready to play because you are going to need them.

HomeTownHero_13
Waterboy

I would pay some serious money to see a kid clean 340. if doesnt win gold in the next summer olympics then somthing is wrong. I know of a waverly kid cleaning 265 and its pretty impressive to see. But i was claiming that there is no bench press on the 50yrd line. because somtimes it take more than strength to win a football game, it takes effort, hard work, being coachable,having the will to not lose, and heart. I will take those assets of a player over a kid who squats the gym if he cant do anything i ask him. So keep talking that poop about your 2 west lineman that dont do any of that weight that you say they do. Theres a kid on waverly whos 265 that squats 500lbs.... Do you believe me?

jtj
Waterboy

Post by jtj »

why doubt what has aleady proven, don't take anything away from the boys who have worked very hard to accomplish something

socman95
Waterboy

Post by socman95 »

If you dont believe what I have said, please do come to any of West's games and you'll see the strength of these kids on the field. Give these boys some credit. They've been in the program 4 years now; hard work goes a long ways. Just because they're stronger than your kid dosent mean its not true. And for your question, yes. I do. I'v seen lighter kids push up heavier weight.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Ive seen a 156lb half back squat 485 so it doesnt surprise me at all. Actually at 265 i would be thinking he should be closer to 600lbs than 500lbs.

HomeTownHero_13
Waterboy

It sounds like the kid who cleans 4930lbs should work on his football skills, fairland must be a state champions this year to beat a kid that strong...

Return to “Football”