Week 5: Jackson(4-0) @ Warren (3-1)

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: Week 5: Jackson(4-0) @ Warren (3-1)

Post by NY BUCKS »

Copay wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:
Daniel Larusso wrote:Jackson will win this game. They are in my opinion the best team in southeastern Ohio right now.

sheridan hasent given up a point yet....
You mean other than the 21 points that Morgan scored on them
on reserve team...

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Wish i could make the game but dont believe i will be able to attend. This is not the hardest game on Jacksons schedule, however i think it is gonna be a good game.

Defensively Jackson needs to WRAP up this week we gave up to many plays last week too many missed tackles in the open field this is something a good offense will exploit. the Ironmen D has been pretty stingy thus far, and even last week was able to stop drives consistently however gave up some big plays, but im sure Logans athletes contributed to the big gains as well.

Offensively we have done phenomenal i think we had 3 backs with 100+ yards last week and the passing game is even killing it. So many weapons and i only look for us to get better each week. If we can put up numbers like we have thus far then offensively we should be great.

All in all i believe this is a game Jackson must not over look...however i believe it is one we should we should win...i wont predict a score but ill take Jackson comfortably
lets go RED!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Anyone that thinks Jackson is going to insist on winning by the run just doesn't know this Jackson team. One game a team focused on the run and Jackson had 5 passing TD....in the 1st half. We probably have around 10 TD this season thru the air.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Austin Osborne is 26-39 (66.6%) for 387 yards, with 10 TDs and only 2 INTs.

Ty McNelly is the leading receiver for the Ironmen with 17 receptions for 287 yards and 8 TDs.

Jackson is certainly capable of throwing the football.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I saw the Athens / Warren game. Jackson should win. Warren has a decent passing game. But that is about it.
Some QB pressure, and Warren could be outscored by plenty.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Trust me there will be pressure on the QB! :mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Since this is a Saturday game, I'll get the chance to check out a couple future opponents in Gallipolis tomorrow night. Should be fun to watch the Tigers and Blue Devils battle it out.

As for Saturday, I'm sticking with my original opinion that the Warren passing game against the Jackson defense is the key to the game. Leffingwell has been very accurate through the first four weeks, and he has some very talented receivers to target. Fivecoat and Windland are 6'3" and 6'4" respectively, and that could certainly cause some problems for the Jackson secondary. McNelly, Alec Osborne, Austin Osborne, and Nathan Parks are all very talented, but they will be at a major disadvantage against Warren's receivers when it comes to height. Jackson really needs to be in Leffingwell's face the entire night.

Good luck to the Ironmen. Take one more step toward another SEOAL championship!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Saw on the Warren football web site (warrenwarriorfootball.com or is .org?, I have it in my favorites bar so I just click)), Leffingwell is completing passes 62% of the time. That is pertty solid for any high school QB. So the O-line must be giving him adquate time to throw. Ironman02, I believe you have hit Spot-on in your assessment of this game. It might be a high scoring affair, with the team having the ball last coming out ahead. Have a safe trip, if you are coming down for the game.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Warren will not stop Jackson's running game. That will be the difference. Warren's QB is good. If Jackson's scouts saw the Athens/Warren game, they will know what to do.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Leffingwell will have to make quick passes for the most part due to the onslaught that the Jackson D will be delivering in a very timely manner! :mrgreen:
Jackson by 3 TD's and I usually never make predictions! :122246
GO BIG RED!!!!!!! :aaaaa26

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I just looked and Jackson's four opponents have a combined record of 4 wins and 12 losses. Warrens three wins have a combined record of 3 wins and 10 losses. Nuff said? I think so. Being completely honest. Neither Warren or Jackson has really played a team with a stellar record, Athens is 4-0, Warren nor Athens played real well in their game. So, I will stand by Ironman02's post, he has this game assessed spot on.

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

This game could be like the 1996 game over 100 pts score.
Jackson won. they score over 60 points and Warren score over 40 points

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

I am hoping for a Warrior upset! Wouldn't that send shock waves through southeastern Ohio football country! Warren has the offensive system to keep Jackson off balance, enough defense to keep it close, a strong kicker where the opponents starts most drives at their 20, and the intangebles/will with its senior leadership to win this game. Warren has no superstars, just a bunch of solid fottball players who are great friends and can trust each other to have their back. Warren has put up 34, 44, and 51 points in its 3 wins despite not playing 4 solid quarters in any of these games. Make no mistake Jackson will be jacked up for its first real test of the year. Warren will have to have its best effort of the year. Can these boys play at the high level needed for 4 quarters to pull this off? Weather is going to be a factor, is it to Jackson's advantage with the bulldozing power running game, or is it Warren's with the short passing game and the Ironmen sliding around trying to cover them?? No matter the weather it will be a great crowd and atmosphere on Saturday night. Let's hope the Warriors give the Ironmen all they want and admire how this one turns out. Let's hope for a hard fought game where all players come out healthy!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I didn't realize this game was on Saturday, I may have to make my second trec of the year to Vincent tomorrow to see the mighty Ironmen in person.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

I would guess that Jackson's D is going to put too much pressure on Warren to even be able to throw. Their D line is too fast for them to be able to throw the ball around. I'm going to say it right now that Warren fans will be talking about O.J. Barr after Saturdays game. He will be all over the QB and in the backfield every other play. Jackson's DB's are very good also. McNelly and Alec Osborne at corners can stay with the WR's from Warren, they did it last season even with Venom too. Austin Osborne at safety is one of the best DB's in southern Ohio as well so I don't think we have too much to worry about with the pass game.

Offensively we should be able to move the ball alright. Jackson has been talked about how well they run the ball but they are a very balanced offense. I doubt Warren has anyone that can contain Austin Osborne, that kid is QUICK! If Jackson comes out sloppy and over looks Warren then it could be a very close game, but if they come out and play the way they can play they should win by a few touchdowns.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Jackson wins

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

IronmenTradition wrote:I would guess that Jackson's D is going to put too much pressure on Warren to even be able to throw. Their D line is too fast for them to be able to throw the ball around. I'm going to say it right now that Warren fans will be talking about O.J. Barr after Saturdays game. He will be all over the QB and in the backfield every other play. Jackson's DB's are very good also. McNelly and Alec Osborne at corners can stay with the WR's from Warren, they did it last season even with Venom too. Austin Osborne at safety is one of the best DB's in southern Ohio as well so I don't think we have too much to worry about with the pass game.

Offensively we should be able to move the ball alright. Jackson has been talked about how well they run the ball but they are a very balanced offense. I doubt Warren has anyone that can contain Austin Osborne, that kid is QUICK! If Jackson comes out sloppy and over looks Warren then it could be a very close game, but if they come out and play the way they can play they should win by a few touchdowns.
Warren doesn't huddle, the coaches look at your defensive alignment and make a play call from the sideline. Most of the playcalls are from the shotgun and the throws are quick outs and slants, it's difficult to get pressure unless they attempt to go down field with the ball.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
IronmenTradition wrote:I would guess that Jackson's D is going to put too much pressure on Warren to even be able to throw. Their D line is too fast for them to be able to throw the ball around. I'm going to say it right now that Warren fans will be talking about O.J. Barr after Saturdays game. He will be all over the QB and in the backfield every other play. Jackson's DB's are very good also. McNelly and Alec Osborne at corners can stay with the WR's from Warren, they did it last season even with Venom too. Austin Osborne at safety is one of the best DB's in southern Ohio as well so I don't think we have too much to worry about with the pass game.

Warren doesn't huddle, the coaches look at your defensive alignment and make a play call from the sideline. Most of the playcalls are from the shotgun and the throws are quick outs and slants, it's difficult to get pressure unless they attempt to go down field with the ball.
Wonder if the wet field will make a difference to either team with them short passes and being able to cover them quickly

ironmen85
Riding the Bench

Post by ironmen85 »

I've never been to Warren's football field what is the best way to get there from Jackson thanks

Rocketfan88
Freshman Team

Post by Rocketfan88 »

Looking for an upset! Best of luck Warren!!

Return to “Football”