Chesapeake Panthers 2011

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Chesapeake Panthers 2011

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Werent supposed to win the conference last year but somehow they did. They lose 3 starting seniors from last year this will be a very veteran team some have started since their freshman year. The line is big and strong and the backs move well and should be stronger than last year. They have a dual threat QB in Mcmaster. Looking at te roster they should be dangerous. But they are under a new head Coach they will have to adjust to some change not much though im sure the base wing-T offense will be utilized with the o-line they have. Their new Coach (Andy Cark) will not be afraid to open the play book up though so some change wont be supprising. It looks to be one of Peakes better years. They should win the OVC again and make it to the playoffs but they do once again have a touh sched. and Coal Grove and Rock Hill might make a push for the OVC Title.

86Tiger
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake Panthers 2011

Post by 86Tiger »

I will be pulling for the Panthers along with my Tigers this year because I know some of the Seniors on the team. Good group of boys. Good luck Panthers!!!!

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

I think the Panthers win the OVC again. They could go as good as 8 and 2. I say Wayne beats them again as always but they get revenge on SV and Oak Hill.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Honestly, if the peake play like they did the second half against wayne. it could be a hands down win for them.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

Very good point. It could be a W for the Panters. Wayne just always seems to have their number though.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

I agree. wayne is a very good team and is very well coached. i just think this year with the new coach, new attitude and the loss of just 3 starters it should be a dandy. Hope ill be there for that one. but it starts as one game at a time

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

Wayne played without the kid who turned out to be its leading rusher last year when they played Chesapeake. He got hurt at Keyser in Week 1.

Wayne was up 20-0 in that game, but seemed to wear down and Peake got stronger in the second half. Chesapeake thoroughly outplayed and more importantly, out-physicaled Wayne in the second half of that game. It took an INT in the closing minute for the Pioneers to hold on. It was easy to see the difference in Chesapeake playing w/o confidence (first half) versus with confidence (second half).

I suspect the game at Chesapeake will be extremely competitive. Both teams have a lot back...Wayne also only had a few seniors last year.

Chesapeake is probably the only team on Wayne's schedule (aside from Sissonville, but they were 0-10 last year) that has more players back than Wayne does.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

There was a bigger kid. If im not mistaken, he was number 25? did he graduate?

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

I was impressed with Chesapeake's passing game at the 7 on 7 vs. Gallia Academy. If they have anything at all in the trenches, they should have a good year.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Chesapeakes Strength is up front. They return some big strong boys they have 3linemen that are 6'2 or taller weighing over i would guess 260. Those three are seniors along with a junior guard. Heard rumor that all 4 bench over 300 or close to 300.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Peake's prob the last few years has been that they haven't "jelled" as a team until at or near mid-season. I think their loss to Symmes Valley was a wake-up call.(Not to take anything from a good SV team!) Wayne, under Harmon, is always tough, and their community is a shining example of how supporting their kids' school should be.

While all teams have "growing pains" early in the season, some are more-ready than others, and I hope Peake is ready to rumble quickly, as they have a daunting non-conference schedule. But, if they wanna make the playoffs, they must play and beat some tuff opponents, simple as that.

While Peake had some notable success under Coach Davis, the guard has changed, and I wish my friend Coach Andy Clark the best.

GO, PANTHERS!

Return to “Football”