Should Logan Drop Lancaster

LHS 72
S

Should Logan Drop Lancaster

Post by LHS 72 »

Either the chiefs must get bigger and stronger or I think we should change the schedule to at least give the kids a chance, New Lex was a good test or like many years ago start with Nels-YorK or Groveport. Yes I know it all about computer points. How about this Logan v Logan Elm!

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Re: Should Logan Drop Lancaster

Post by The Exile »

Speaking as an outside observer, I think this is a good series for both sides. It is a natural geographic rivalry, typically worth a lot playoff points-wise, and the schools are not that dissimilar in size (I know that Logan, by nature of the district's geography, is not the same as a city school of comparable size, but still...). With that said, the front portion of Logan's schedule has been pretty strong the last several years, and perhaps changes could be made there. If I were Logan looking to scale back a bit, I would drop Pick North, as they (on paper) should be very strong for the near future, probably stronger than Lancaster. Playing a MSL or MVL team (LE, Circleville, Teays Valley, New Lex, etc.) might be a better option for Logan if the schedules could be worked out. Just my two cents.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I hope they don't drop the game,its close and always packed and is a good measuring stick to see how good Logan is,, Lancaster will have some down years where Logan will have a good shot and I even think Logan will win this game next year, plus after this year Reynoldsburg will leave the schedule so that should make it easier,If I was going to replace a team it would probably be Pick North,Logan dominated them for years, but now the tables have turned and will probably be a thorn in Logans side from here on out although I would even like to see it remain on the schedule just so no outsiders can whine about the schedule like they used to

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would like to see Logan get some more boys out for football. Everyone when looking at the size of Logan they go by the numbers of boys in the top three grades that can play varsity ball. If you took the percent of boys that go out vs the numbers Logan probably wouldn't have 25% of its boys going out. It is a shame for the size of the school.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I agree. I think the same problem exists at Gallia Academy even though it is a smaller school.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

noreply66 wrote:I would like to see Logan get some more boys out for football. Everyone when looking at the size of Logan they go by the numbers of boys in the top three grades that can play varsity ball. If you took the percent of boys that go out vs the numbers Logan probably wouldn't have 25% of its boys going out. It is a shame for the size of the school.
We've battled this problem at Athens for years.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

it happens at all schools..
may be more noticeble at larger schools..

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

This game should stay.

Reality is that Logan will only be able to win this game 2 or 3 times every ten years. However, it is an outstanding test for the Chieftains and a great opening game that requires our kids to FOCUS from the first week on.

It's also a GREAT money game for both schools that couldn't be replaced with many schools.

With that said - I do think it is time to re-examine Pickerington North. They are becoming the dominant football school in Pickerington, they are huge, and playing two LARGE D1 schools back to back weeks is not a great plan for this program.

North is not a natural rival, they do not bring a crowd like Lancaster (outside of their huge band).

But I like Lancaster and hope it stays. I would really like to see Logan get Canal Winchester on the schedule in the first 3 or 4 weeks as a non-league game. I'd also like to see Zanesville back on the non-league schedule.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Even the discussion is disgusting to me. Crow when you win a few and are ready to drop them when you start losing!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This was discussed a few years ago and I remember it made me sick also because I loved it when it was first scheduled and still do,no disrespect to New Lex, but there was never a fever pitch leading up to a game like this, although I will admit this year was a little subdued,,speaking of numbers I think soccer is starting to take over at Logan even the Jr. High has a program now I believe,that could hurt Logan's numbers from now on but I hope not

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Cut and run Logan! Can't beat them, drop them! Can't win a league title, change leagues!

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Can't win a league title? LOL..Look at the numbers..

If they were to drop a team because of losses to them, they would have dropped
Lancaster years ago.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

LoganLocos wrote:This game should stay.
Absolutely.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Pol Pot wrote:Cut and run Logan! Can't beat them, drop them! Can't win a league title, change leagues!
Athens tried it and look how many league titles they have won.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Pol Pot wrote:Cut and run Logan! Can't beat them, drop them! Can't win a league title, change leagues!
Low IQ here--lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

LoganLocos wrote:This game should stay.

Reality is that Logan will only be able to win this game 2 or 3 times every ten years. However, it is an outstanding test for the Chieftains and a great opening game that requires our kids to FOCUS from the first week on.

It's also a GREAT money game for both schools that couldn't be replaced with many schools.

With that said - I do think it is time to re-examine Pickerington North. They are becoming the dominant football school in Pickerington, they are huge, and playing two LARGE D1 schools back to back weeks is not a great plan for this program.

North is not a natural rival, they do not bring a crowd like Lancaster (outside of their huge band).

But I like Lancaster and hope it stays. I would really like to see Logan get Canal Winchester on the schedule in the first 3 or 4 weeks as a non-league game. I'd also like to see Zanesville back on the non-league schedule.
Good point Loco we need to replace Pick North and I like you idea with Zanesville!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i agree, lancaster should stay and drop pick north. pick up a canal, grove city, grove port, etc....

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Should Lancaster drop Logan? They are playing down a division. They are playing a team from a weaker league than they play in. When they win they are suppose to, when they lose the no good bums can't even play down and win. Its almost a lose/lose situation for them........There are lots of different points to consider..........Its a great local matchup and a great money maker for both schools. Lets leave it alone.

Return to “Football”