PVC Pre-season Talk

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: PVC Pre-season Talk

Post by I drain 3's »

EasternDspy wrote:Did Newcomerstown lose a lot?They went like 5-5...Frontier will be better then most think but are probably a year away I say 3-7 or 4-6.
Pretty sure they lost their starting QB. Dude could make some plays.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Shenandoah 2.Oak Glen 3.@ Trail 4.Alexander 5.@Beallsville 6.Fort Frye 7.@Caldwell 8.@ Valley WV 9.@MC 10.River

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier is young but the JR class is the best class they have with Merckle,Salazar,Jefferson,Kirkbride,Irvin,Abshier and Wright.The line will be 3 srs and 2 Jrs and is the teams weakness.They will spread it out and use Jefferson,Salazar and Merckles speed.These kids have talent and haven't been given a shot.Jefferson dident play last year and Merckle broke his colarbone.

BigReds10
Waterboy

Post by BigReds10 »

My reason for Caldwell going 4-6 or even 3-7 is this. My sources tell me Caldwell is imploding already and that there is a good possibility numbers will be down due to the kids not liking Lori and the way he treats them. From what I've been told his mouth is worse now than it was when they all got fired 6 yrs ago.

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

Lay off the Caldwell Boys!

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Like I said earlier, you only get one chance to play high school football. I didn't play football after my freshman year because I disliked some of the coaches and I've regretted that decision ever since. I'd advise them not to make the same decision I did.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I could not play my soph year and it sucked.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Scrimmage schedules anyone?

BigReds10
Waterboy

Post by BigReds10 »

Guess we've hit a nerve about Caldwell. You know what they say the TRUTH hurts.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

BigReds10 wrote:Guess we've hit a nerve about Caldwell. You know what they say the TRUTH hurts.
lol.

zepnuts
Waterboy

Post by zepnuts »

Shenandoah is going to suprise alot of people this year. A 7-3 season is my prediction and no one of the 3 losses is not to Caldwell sorry.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The thing that will hold Shenandoah back is coaching and play calling.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Who's going to be in the backfield for Shenandoah alongside Crum? And what is their line going to look like? It seems the past couple years their line has been on the small side.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They have the Davis boys,Seth Thompson 6-3 240,Cory Liapply 6-0 350,Dalen Hill 6-0 260.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also Ricky Carr most of line returns.FB will be Derek Lesisure.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

I just haven't been impressed with Shenandoah for the past 3 years which is why I continually have them in the middle of the PVC standings. But each year in HS football is an unknown and a kid that was a junior who might have been getting driven off the ball last year can turn into a beast his senior year. That's the beauty of HS football. The Zeps haven't shown much in their MC games recently which is the only time I see them; but that doesn't mean they can't be tough to beat this year. A strong, playoff quality Shenandoah team is always good for the PVC.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

selonmc wrote:I just haven't been impressed with Shenandoah for the past 3 years which is why I continually have them in the middle of the PVC standings. But each year in HS football is an unknown and a kid that was a junior who might have been getting driven off the ball last year can turn into a beast his senior year. That's the beauty of HS football. The Zeps haven't shown much in their MC games recently which is the only time I see them; but that doesn't mean they can't be tough to beat this year. A strong, playoff quality Shenandoah team is always good for the PVC.
Agreed. It'd be nice to see Shenandoah field some quality teams consistently. Caldwell has been able to do this for the past few years, and hopefully they can continue to do so after the head coaching change. Not only would it make for good league play, but it would prepare teams better for the playoffs, should they make it. Not to mention how much better the Noble County Super Bowl would be then.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Heard there was good turnout in the weight room this spring and summer for the skins'. Numbers up near 50. Considering there are less then 100 boys in the high school I'd say that's pretty solid. I think they will be just fine. probably 5 games I'd be comfortable betting they win for sure. In the region they fell in to this season 6-4 will likely get them in and 8-2 would have them hosting. Likely won't knock off Monroe Central but will have a quality chance in all of the other games if I had to guess.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Interested to see a good D6 Ohio school vs and Elite small school WV in Wheeling Central.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Heard there was good turnout in the weight room this spring and summer for the skins'. Numbers up near 50. Considering there are less then 100 boys in the high school I'd say that's pretty solid. I think they will be just fine. probably 5 games I'd be comfortable betting they win for sure. In the region they fell in to this season 6-4 will likely get them in and 8-2 would have them hosting. Likely won't knock off Monroe Central but will have a quality chance in all of the other games if I had to guess.
Wouldn't really say they have a quality chance against WCC either. I don't really know what all they have coming back or what they lost or anything, but just looking at last years scores and stuff, it's going to be a really tough game. They destroyed Bellaire, lost 24-7 to Bridgeport, and lost 26-21 against Shadyside. Plus with it being a Saturday game with the long bus ride there, just not sure its going to end to well.

Return to “Football”