Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

Post by biggdowgg »

sportphotos wrote:I happened to get a photo of the questionable td/fumble. No one has the ball mid air before plane broken. Look at it and see when I get all these photos done, should be tomorrow some time. Congratulations West!!

so the ref made te right call???/ are you kidding me?..no way that ever happens..... :shock: :? :mrgreen:

my team lost,and I didnt see any calls from the refs that could have had an impact on this game,,high school football they can call a hold on every single play if they wanted to.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Well played game for both teams...only seen one call that was questionable to me and that was a block in the back, but there will never be a perfect game be called by the refs. They are humans just like every spectator in the stands. Been to both games that Portsmouth has played and they just need to get a little better line play and cut down on the turnovers.

Good Luck Trojans on finishing the year strong.

Go Siders!!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

biggdowgg wrote:
sportphotos wrote:high school football they can call a hold on every single play if they wanted to.
then they should call it on every play if there IS holding on every play. if you don't call it every time then you shouldn't call it any time. that's exactly what causes the controversy in games. when it is done arbitrarily then a team has a right to complain about "fairness". who decides when to call it or not? it becomes just a subjective call on the part of the official and thats not the way rules are supposed to work. either they held or they didn't. if it is called every time it happens, the teams will learn how to do it right and it will stop and you won't have the "we got cheated" crap every game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

we dont have enough time in one night to get a game in,if every penalty was called,,,,,,,,,,maybe thats where "home field advantage comes in?"

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

biggdowgg wrote:we dont have enough time in one night to get a game in,if every penalty was called,,,,,,,,,,maybe thats where "home field advantage comes in?"
if you just keep letting the rules "slide", where does it stop? you'd like to see Ron Paul in an officials uniform wouldn't you ? :mrgreen:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

biggdowgg wrote: "home field advantage comes in?"
Well Portsmouth sure has that and then some.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

only a TRUE crybaby would whine about refs , ater they WON a game, esp. when a man has the main gripe on film , and the ref was right, you are only takeing away from wat your team done,not to mention being an embarrasment to the great cummunity of the west side.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

I congratulate both teams for an exciting early season game. Plenty of mistakes were made by the kids, coaches and yes, the referees. We are human, and so are they. I am very proud that when Auger had to shut it down, others stepped up. The line for West did a very good job of battling all game against quick defenders coming from all angles. I thought the "fumble" was actually after crossing the plane, but you still have to play on. Portsmouth and Wheelersburg should be a good game, but I will be at "The Rock"!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

biggdowgg wrote:tock.... tock ....tock...tock
biggdowgg,,I think you understand what I am saying.....maybe not

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

wipala wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:tock.... tock ....tock...tock
biggdowgg,,I think you understand what I am saying.....maybe not

most certainly do....

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Have to agree with you.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

PHS went up 7-6 in the game.....on the second score, it was 13-6 and we missed the extra point due to a bad snap.....the holder got up and tried to run with it......as for the announcer, couldn't agree more.....only wish there was a way to boot him out.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

1.Why go for 2? We didn’t it was a bad snap that the holder took off with and truthfully almost made happen, if it had been a fake he would have pitched it to Zaide Whitley.
2. The live kick - No excuses for that one, they have to know that’s a live ball. Although I know we have several young guys and guys with no experiences would assume that has something to do with it. Still no excuses for it but 15 and 16 year old boys make mistakes even if they have been taught.
3. Why PHS line is heads up with west on 4th and 2 ? Well lets think intelligently about this one, West is obviously bigger and stronger than PHS D line, with that in mind if we line up in the gap West knows right where were going and with one step can be on us, and set up very easy double team. Lining up in head up technique enables the PHS d line to use their speed to try and shoot the gap, without the opposing Senator knowing who is going to what gap.
4. Why not make West repunt with their 3rd string punter? Every heard “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”? Why would we risk what you already admitted was a decent return, for only the mere potential of something better?
Didn’t listen to the radio
As for Skip, he does make a few mistakes, but he has a great voice, and does a great job at the P.A. Sure he is bias, that’s part of it, you can’t tell me West announcer isn’t too. Personally as a Trojan I like that other schools don’t like to hear Skip, truthfully he isn’t there for you, he is there for the Portsmouth fans. Also nobody cares more about or has done more for the boys then Skip.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

and Im not really sure,but what is west record against Clifford?

Return to “Football”