2011 Marietta Tigers

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Re: 2011 Marietta Tigers

Post by LoveSponge425 »

Lets talk about a important player that is not going to play. Keifer Johnson. Springer is telling the team, Keifer wants to work for his dad. That is a Springer lie. One of many. Keifer was told, by Springer, that he will only play center and not defence. Keifer said he has beter thing to do. This would be OK, but he is the best lineman they have on both sides of the ball. Their bench is not full.
Keifer, good luck! Maybe you can play golf.

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

Post by tigerstrike2011 »

black and orange: you must have inhaled too many fumes in the un-air conditioned schools while you were teaching. Really hit a nerve, didn't it. I won't go into all of the areas where you are wrong, I'll just point this out. The upgrades in the weightroom are funded by private donations- no tax dollars. If someone would take the lead to raise money for books, computers, air conditioning the schools, etc., I'm sure it could be done. I think it should be done. Don't get upset at the people that have tried to do something good for the schools in their area of interest. If you are so concerned about the schools- go raise some money. I did coach at Marietta, more than five years ago, not last year. And I'm still around town by the way.

distance40
Freshman Team

Post by distance40 »

Tigerstrike you seem pretty informed, can you answer for me how the costs of operating this air conditioning unit will be covered?
It can't be cheap to run this thing especially with aep's rate raise..

#1MHSfan
Waterboy

Post by #1MHSfan »

Wow! This is a real mess that sounds like its going to get even uglier.
I sure hope the AD can hold onto his job when this train wrecks.

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

The press box and locker rooms belong to the college! They are def first class.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Pios I should have mentioned that about the college.

For those outside of Marietta, about ten years ago Marietta City Schools gave Don Drumm stadium to Marietta College. The district at that time could not afford to water the grass, much less make any improvements.

The college has since put millions of dollars of private funds, not tax dollars, into the facility. New turf, scoreboards, and now new locker rooms, press box, etc. It is one of the finer playing venues in the region. They've done the same with their baseball stadium, basketball facility, and have an amazing indoor track and training center.

They do athletics first class.

black_and_orange
Riding the Bench

Post by black_and_orange »

MttaFan wrote:Pios I should have mentioned that about the college.

For those outside of Marietta, about ten years ago Marietta City Schools gave Don Drumm stadium to Marietta College. The district at that time could not afford to water the grass, much less make any improvements.

The college has since put millions of dollars of private funds, not tax dollars, into the facility. New turf, scoreboards, and now new locker rooms, press box, etc. It is one of the finer playing venues in the region. They've done the same with their baseball stadium, basketball facility, and have an amazing indoor track and training center.

They do athletics first class.
And they still are not any good, which proves that money alone does not make a winning football team.

black_and_orange
Riding the Bench

Post by black_and_orange »

tigerstrike2011 wrote:black and orange: you must have inhaled too many fumes in the un-air conditioned schools while you were teaching. Really hit a nerve, didn't it. I won't go into all of the areas where you are wrong, I'll just point this out. The upgrades in the weightroom are funded by private donations- no tax dollars. If someone would take the lead to raise money for books, computers, air conditioning the schools, etc., I'm sure it could be done. I think it should be done. Don't get upset at the people that have tried to do something good for the schools in their area of interest. If you are so concerned about the schools- go raise some money. I did coach at Marietta, more than five years ago, not last year. And I'm still around town by the way.
That is not what you were telling everyone at the Williamstown 7-on-7 now was it. Nice attempt at covering up. Too many people talk in this town. We all know who you are. And yes you are still in the area.

I am well aware of where the funds came from and how they were found. But if a group does go out to raise money for academics, this is money is no longer available. I am talking about priorities. These parents and coaches that went out and asked for the money, or donated the money themselves, need to refocus their efforts on fixing the second class education their children are getting at MHS.

I do not think private dontation will be paying the electric bill will they tigerstrike2011? Since you are so knowing of all, let us know. Is their a fund set up to fund the running of the AC, does it have it's own electrical service to keep the bills seperated so the Touchdown club can raise the funds to pay for it?

By all means, since you know it all, go into all the areas I am wrong. I would like to know.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Black and Orange, I don't disagree about their football program, but a private D3 college doesn't upgrade facilities to win, they do it to attract students.

Now their baseball program is a different story.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Wow are we recruiting now? I would think a winning program, not AC, would mean more. Oh well, I don't know anything. I'm enjoying the spirit on here!

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

OK guys, getting back to the team, what is going on with Keifer Johnson???????????????

jbunker
Waterboy

Post by jbunker »

Well well well, Mr. Retiree. Sounds as if in my previous message you didn’t get it either. Reading between those lines. Talk about genius huhh. Posting this, Rating – Effective, Adequate Yearly Progress - NOT MET!!!! Value Added Measure - Below State Requirements…
Must hurt knowing that teachers like you have always been part of the problem, and never the solution. Failure on your part huhh. But ohh your retired after 34 years. Sounds as if you were forced in to retirement. And that is why you’re bitter.
Norplay if you get a chance, check this retiree for his multiple passwords and user names. And delete this whole nonsense about he said she said B.S. Let’s talk about some real football. What is really going on with 2011 football team. - but get over it. Be happy a few good men got together and made a contribution for the overall benefit of MHS. My money goes to where I want to contribute it. You must be jealous knowing that people like me have it and you, well obvious living on limited funds being retired now. The middle school uses that weight room along with more than you think. AC, seriously, those weights in there were rust buckets. A hazard to all kinds of infections. Then again maybe some form of MRSA got in your ear and creped in your brain. You’re acting like coach Denton, talking 34 years. Come on man.

I am paying the AC bills. Get over it; my contributions go where I want them to go!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

jbunker wrote:Well well well, Mr. Retiree. Sounds as if in my previous message you didn’t get it either. Reading between those lines. Talk about genius huhh. Posting this, Rating – Effective, Adequate Yearly Progress - NOT MET!!!! Value Added Measure - Below State Requirements…
Must hurt knowing that teachers like you have always been part of the problem, and never the solution. Failure on your part huhh. But ohh your retired after 34 years. Sounds as if you were forced in to retirement. And that is why you’re bitter.
Norplay if you get a chance, check this retiree for his multiple passwords and user names. And delete this whole nonsense about he said she said B.S. Let’s talk about some real football. What is really going on with 2011 football team. - but get over it. Be happy a few good men got together and made a contribution for the overall benefit of MHS. My money goes to where I want to contribute it. You must be jealous knowing that people like me have it and you, well obvious living on limited funds being retired now. The middle school uses that weight room along with more than you think. AC, seriously, those weights in there were rust buckets. A hazard to all kinds of infections. Then again maybe some form of MRSA got in your ear and creped in your brain. You’re acting like coach Denton, talking 34 years. Come on man.

I am paying the AC bills. Get over it; my contributions go where I want them to go!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like you said, back to the team.

Keifer Johnson????? Why is he not playing????

jbunker
Waterboy

Post by jbunker »

Like I said, It is a he said she said thing. I never get a straight answer myself. The kids love Bob, And that is a fact. But in
keifer's defense, as a senior to be told my center does not play defense. That would hurt any kid as a 3-4 year starter. And heck yea it will hurt the team. Kid was better then most on the roster at playing d-line. And with experiance to boot. My personal opinion is senior-itis, with maybe a hurt feeling or two. Work with dad this summer make some money. There is only a few people that know the truth here, Bob & Keifer. This is almost like the Matt M rumors, Half true half false. Like Shenk11 post above, From Coach Springer. This is truely a very very young team.

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

jbunker wrote:Like I said, It is a he said she said thing. I never get a straight answer myself. The kids love Bob, And that is a fact. But in
keifer's defense, as a senior to be told my center does not play defense. That would hurt any kid as a 3-4 year starter. And heck yea it will hurt the team. Kid was better then most on the roster at playing d-line. And with experiance to boot. My personal opinion is senior-itis, with maybe a hurt feeling or two. Work with dad this summer make some money. There is only a few people that know the truth here, Bob & Keifer. This is almost like the Matt M rumors, Half true half false. Like Shenk11 post above, From Coach Springer. This is truely a very very young team.
OK now jbunker you did it! Keifer's dad wants him on the team, and he should go both ways. He is done working for his dad. Springer called Gary, Keifer's dad, and Gary wanted to jump down Springers throat. Keifer is one kid that doesn't like Springer and he is the best lineman on the team. Matt M went to Gallia to live with his dad because of problems with mom. So there mister no-it-all. Springer is telling the team that Keifer wants to work for his dad. Not telling the team the truth. Someone needs to but Springer in his place. The AD isn't going to rock the boat!

jbunker
Waterboy

Post by jbunker »

Not sure how to respond to this LOVEPONGEBOB. But my answer was speculative, Not a know it all. You seem to know the answers her before you ask them. Just like on the Marietta times when you answer to and hide behind this same pompass fake name. You’re a joke and everybody knows who you are as well. Crawl back under that rock of loser shame.

jbunker
Waterboy

Post by jbunker »

Now ok I did it. ooopppsss!!!!

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

jbunker wrote:Not sure how to respond to this LOVEPONGEBOB. But my answer was speculative, Not a know it all. You seem to know the answers her before you ask them. Just like on the Marietta times when you answer to and hide behind this same pompass fake name. You’re a joke and everybody knows who you are as well. Crawl back under that rock of loser shame.
Under a rock...LOL. Marietta needs to fine a coach that is for the players. The players like Stevens, so way didn't he get a chance at the coaching job? I hope Dedder doesn't bail too?! jbunker you need to focus on what is going on with the football program.

And the Joke is on you!

Blue Blaze
Waterboy

Post by Blue Blaze »

So an "outsider" takes the head coach position for 1 year, talks about the great things he is doing while taking shots at everything from the past, never commits to the community, goes 3-7, resigns in late spring. OK mistake, move on. But now he moves across the river to Williamstown, tries to hide behind a screen name, and takes more shots every chance he can at Marietta's past teams and coaches. Classy Guy!

Now another "outsider" takes the position (without an interview), continues the trend of bashing teachers, players, and coaches from the past (except the last one he coached with). Does things "his" way regardless of any rules. Past coaches in different sports were reprimanded because of language and approach toward players, same standard? OHSAA rules state "no shoulder pads until August 3rd" (see Marietta Times picture in July) and 10 contact days in June and July, not 14 (see summer calendar at mariettafootball.com). Anyone? or are these just suggestions?
Players love him? If Keifer Johnson does not want to play for someone, isolated issue or red flag, he is pretty laid back?
How many coaches are on staff presently? How many have been asked and turned him down or accepted and quit?
Maybe these issues do not bother this coach, but the community would support a coach and his team better if he did care about rules and the past, instead of just throwing money around and bulldozing through everything!

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Who is Marietta scrimmaging this year?
Dates, Times, Locations if you know them.
Thanks

Return to “Football”