2011 Marietta Tigers

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

Re: 2011 Marietta Tigers

Post by tigerstrike2011 »

You never know what's going on with high school boys at school or at home. Maybe McKitrick not playing would be better for him in some way, I don't know, I'm just taking a guess here. We don't know the whole story and we probably don't need to.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

There is something else but I'm not about to post it.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

EasternDspy wrote:From what a player told me Springer told him he should not even come out for football this year.I don't get it cause Matt is the teams best player.
Can i say it yet:

I TOLD YOU SO. Jerry Springer is the king of divisiveness. All the while, he paints a picture of peace and harminy while the inside of the program is being shredded. I mean where hasnt he been? He will coach at Marietta a year maybe two and then move on to upset someone elses applecart. You can never find him in one place for very long. Just the facts, Jack.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Who is Jack? Is he a player or a new Coach?

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

Lancer: Do you care to post the records of Fed Hock the five years before Springer was there, and then post Springer's records?

jbunker
Waterboy

Post by jbunker »

bigcatmarietta wrote:Who is Jack? Is he a player or a new Coach?

Wrong bigcat, he is neither. Lancer thinks he knowes jack. But deep down he really just don't know Jack. :lol: :lol: Does that help you?

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

I see why you didn't want to post this Lancer.

From the News and Sentinel: The Lancers were 1-9 last year and 16-24 the last four years (2007-2010) under Albert Green. In 2006 though, Federal posted a 9-1 regular-season mark and made the Ohio playoffs for the first time in ever in school history, but then went 5-5, 7-3, 3-7 and 1-9 in successive seasons.

Springer led Fed Hock to it's ONLY playoff birth EVER. How many years was Springer there? Was he responsible for 5-5 and 7-3 as well? Not too bad.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

coach springer was there for the 5-5 and 3-7 seasons.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

jbunk you better get your facts in order this jack guy is a solid D1 possible transfer from Florida. He has many D1 offers including USC, Ohio State and Alabama. Word is Sabin and Springer have been working a deal for Bob to be the next OC at Alabama with Jack the new QB.

Snowman79
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman79 »

^ typical Marietta football people...or really any sport there for that matter lol, get off your high horses, they may had got some new jerseys but ... But that's about all they have to look forward too. I mean the jersey change helped them alot last time lol.

The non springer worshipers on here, let's just wait til about the first Friday in October...I'd say the disciples on here will be changing their tune a bit..... And I'm not naming names or anything but let's just say eventhough the Marietta times is making him out to be the greatest person ever, I know Springer has irritated a few community members, some of which could had positively affected the program.

#1MHSfan
Waterboy

Post by #1MHSfan »

bigcatmarietta wrote:jbunk you better get your facts in order this jack guy is a solid D1 possible transfer from Florida. He has many D1 offers including USC, Ohio State and Alabama. Word is Sabin and Springer have been working a deal for Bob to be the next OC at Alabama with Jack the new QB.
Only deal Springer’s cutting is with Guimond. It’s a very risky move by Marietta AD to let Springer have total control over FB program. Rumors on the street say if the Springer plan backfires! They could all be out… I’m sure Guimond doesn’t have to worry… "Like a good neighbor Bob Springer is there" * Reminder Farnsworth set the measuring stick @ 6 & 4.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

springer di not take fed hock to playoffs. some coach i believe had the first name of jeff did. he was only their that one year. it was the year after springer resigned.

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

He will throw money around and that's about it.

2009tigerfb
Waterboy

Post by 2009tigerfb »

I know this is somewhat off topic, but I have been reading this over the last month, and something was stewing inside that I had to get a username to make this post. This is meant for tigerstrike2011.

I was a senior on the 2009 Tiger football. The last team coached by Andy Schob.

We were 1-9 that season. We had like 38 kids on the roster. The 20 or so you are talking about was the players near the end of the year that were not hurt. Schob had numbers, better than the last coach.

I will first say I did not personally like coach stevens. But, the season record was no fault of his. He and the others you are referring to (Shenkle and Dawson) did everything they could. Many coaches left the locker room after practice before players were even done showering. The three you are referring to were often there for at least an hour and half watching film preparing for the next game and actually had a game plan. The three amigos coached during practice, not just call plays and working with the QB. They coached their position as best they could to make us better. Those three were not the problem!!!! Parents liked Andy, at the time, and it was easier for the board to go after those three than Andy.

We were just not very good, did not play as a team, and too many players listened to their not very knowledgable parents instead of the coaches, including me. We more worried about rushing yards, school records, and where the party was after the game.

The coaches that were asked not to come back are good men who worked hard and gave a lot the program. Two of the three I do not care for much, but I have grown up a bit and they did at least earn my respect for the effort they put in. Can't say the same about some others.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

2009tigerfb wrote:I know this is somewhat off topic, but I have been reading this over the last month, and something was stewing inside that I had to get a username to make this post. This is meant for tigerstrike2011.

I was a senior on the 2009 Tiger football. The last team coached by Andy Schob.

We were 1-9 that season. We had like 38 kids on the roster. The 20 or so you are talking about was the players near the end of the year that were not hurt. Schob had numbers, better than the last coach.

I will first say I did not personally like coach stevens. But, the season record was no fault of his. He and the others you are referring to (Shenkle and Dawson) did everything they could. Many coaches left the locker room after practice before players were even done showering. The three you are referring to were often there for at least an hour and half watching film preparing for the next game and actually had a game plan. The three amigos coached during practice, not just call plays and working with the QB. They coached their position as best they could to make us better. Those three were not the problem!!!! Parents liked Andy, at the time, and it was easier for the board to go after those three than Andy.

We were just not very good, did not play as a team, and too many players listened to their not very knowledgable parents instead of the coaches, including me. We more worried about rushing yards, school records, and where the party was after the game.

The coaches that were asked not to come back are good men who worked hard and gave a lot the program. Two of the three I do not care for much, but I have grown up a bit and they did at least earn my respect for the effort they put in. Can't say the same about some others.

For your 1st post--- that was good

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

Yes, good post 2009. So you are saying that the head coach was the problem? Along with a couple other assistants. Can't argue that, you have and insiders point-of-view. I'll just say that I've spoken to many other former players and coaches from outside of Marietta and aside from Stevens there just isn't much support for anyone else.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Haven't heard the best about Springer on and off of seops. But none the less I wish Marietta the best of luck this year. It will be different having them as game 2 but we take it how it comes.

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Post by gtowntiger78 »

http://themariettatimes.com/page/conten ... l?nav=5026

Mckitrick moving to Gallia Academy HS.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

gtowntiger78 wrote:http://themariettatimes.com/page/conten ... l?nav=5026

Mckitrick moving to Gallia Academy HS.
thought I heard this last year??????????????

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

Hope things go well for this young man. Need to remember that these are just kids trying to find a way in this cruel world.

Return to “Football”