D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the experience definitely favors coldwater. like cw said in the last 4 years they have gotten in another 1.5 seasons in together.and they have to be amazingly disciplined to constantly get there. to call them anything shy of a dynasty would be an injustice. but this burg team has really reeled it in and fine tuned it through the year. and I think this will be a lower scoring defensive battle myself. being an ironton fan, I want to see burg win. you ain't gonna get any more blue collar, lunch pail than these 2 teams. the cw fans are a classy bunch I hear. and burg is as well.coldwater is a team ironton never met. but I sure would have liked to have seen the 2 scrap.i think the team that turns it over loses a close one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

You do not win state championships or appear in state championships over a period of time without being outstanding with players and coaching. I look at Coldwater's football team much like Burg's baseball team, been there done that...for several years. This will be toughest test for the Pirates all year.

There are a few things that will determine the winner:
Turnovers, field position and not giving up big plays. Best wishes to the Pirates.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

To be honest fallas. I have watched some tape and it will be a tall task. We have to stay focused and play our keys perfectly. Those short slants need to be met with big hits. The option needs to be pushed back to the inside. Long balls need to be knocked down. 10 yard flags are going to be our best opportunity to pick one off. Gotta jump that route. I don't think Burg will be in awe of anything. They have the game plan and are nailing it down right now.

I know why they gave Coldwater the home side. That's the only side at Xenia that serves crow.
Go Burg or Go Home.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Matthew 20:16- So the last will be first, and the first be last. For many are called but few chosen!!
Let's go burg!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

amen brother.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Good Luck Pirates. BIG underdog in this matchup. Remember your assignments and play loose and have fun out there. The pressure is on the Coldwater kids because their whole town expects them to repeat. Respect all, Fear none.
Go Burg!

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

Neutron Man wrote:
kodeman419 wrote:I provided a link above for game highlights for the board to watch. http://www.cavfootball.com just click on the opponent listed under the 2015 schedule. Some very good game footage

I'll Tell You What, I Have Been Looking Through This Website, This Is What Every Football Prograx Should Have. I Know It Helps When You Have The History They Have, But This Site Is About Pride. People Who Take Care Of This Site, Have Pride In Their Cavs.

Whether You Have Won 3 State Chaxpionships In A Row, Or Never Xade The Playoffs, This Is A Great Source For Anyone Who Wants To Know ANYTHING About This Football Teax!

Ok I'x Done With That. Now That Being Said......

You Know What Else Is A GREAT SITE????? Burgfan.cox
GO BURG!!
RUNNING CLOCK!!! (100% Joking!!)

Glad you enjoyed it.
After watching some berg's highlights, I like #35 AND #65 (although 65's has a tendency to get those hands outside the shoulders) ;)
I know I've read on here about berg rotating DL to stay fresh and I get that its an attacking defense and easy to fatigue... but in my estimation, You want your best players to stay on the field. I would be concerned about rotating weaker players at this point and level of competition.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

kodeman419 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
kodeman419 wrote:I provided a link above for game highlights for the board to watch. http://www.cavfootball.com just click on the opponent listed under the 2015 schedule. Some very good game footage

I'll Tell You What, I Have Been Looking Through This Website, This Is What Every Football Prograx Should Have. I Know It Helps When You Have The History They Have, But This Site Is About Pride. People Who Take Care Of This Site, Have Pride In Their Cavs.

Whether You Have Won 3 State Chaxpionships In A Row, Or Never Xade The Playoffs, This Is A Great Source For Anyone Who Wants To Know ANYTHING About This Football Teax!

GO BURG!!

Glad you enjoyed it.
After watching some berg's highlights, I like #35 AND #65 (although 65's has a tendency to get those hands outside the shoulders) ;)
I know I've read on here about berg rotating DL to stay fresh and I get that its an attacking defense and easy to fatigue... but in my estimation, You want your best players to stay on the field. I would be concerned about rotating weaker players at this point and level of competition.
They aren't weaker, they are by design. I believe they have about 8 interchangeable kids.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

wobycat wrote:
kodeman419 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

GO BURG!!

Glad you enjoyed it.
They aren't weaker, they are by design. I believe they have about 8 interchangeable kids.
Yeah For Sure Not Weaker! The Systex Works Very Well!
Not Concerned About Constant Rotation With This Squad. No Weaker Sub At Any Position!

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

Good Luck this weekend Burg from Ironton, you have a tall task but keep pushing forward, we know from past experience you have to travel and you seem to never be the home team. It's a mighty task to take on Coldwater but you do have a good team so goog luck this Friday! :!:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Almost game day!!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Be thankful tomorrow and game day will be here soon enough. Hope the rain doesn't mess things up. Both teams can run. Might be a long defensive night. Burg has slugged it out in the past with
some good teams. Hopefully it is not a blow out and running clock affair.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If I make it to a game on Friday, this is the game I will take in, being it is the closest to me, on this night.
It's a little over 1.5 hours away.
Weather permitting and lighting at the stadium, will determine if I do a game report and/or pics.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

"If I am not for myself who is for me? And being for my own self, what am 'I'? And if not now, when? Hillel the Elder...You've done the work and you are prepared. Play they game and if it is meant to be it will be. Go Burg! Represent!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The talking has really slowed down. Not much to say. Both teams are very good! I won't be surprised either way on the outcome of this game!! Good luck pirates!!

flipper808
Waterboy

Post by flipper808 »

Let's just be THANKFUL that we get the opportunity to play against a team like coldwater. To show the whole state that The Burg belongs here.To be the champ you got to beat the champ we have the opportunity to do so..
GO BURG

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Happy Thanksgiving! Cavs football have a nice website cavfootball.com There is a lot of history between these schools as far as they are the big dog in their neck of the woods. I know the Burg can win this game. Just hope both teams go have fun and enjoy the moment. Reminds me of the movie Friday Night Lights where football is what your community is all about. This will be an awesome game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ONE LAST TIME FROM THE BAITCAVE. GO BURG BEAT COLDWATER

CrashDavis
Waterboy

Post by CrashDavis »

Good luck to both teams. Safe travels for all.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

If you go on cavfootball.com there's a video just put up where the coldwater coach talks about the Burg game. He compares the Burg offense to CHCA... not sure if that's a compliment or not.

Return to “Football”