WEEK 2: Oak Hill (0-1) @ Wheelersburg (0-1)

Oakhillian2
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 2: Oak Hill (0-1) @ Wheelersburg (0-1)

Post by Oakhillian2 »

Nobody's jumping ship in Oak Hill. We true fans know we're in a rebuilding year with a new coach. Yes, we did get spoiled by last year's senior class, but athletes like that don't appear every season. The Oaks will get better. I don't think we can play much worse! Coach Homa does need to focus on our strengths, which is not the passing game right now! He also needs to instill some more discipline to cut down on those senseless penalties.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oakhillian2 wrote:Nobody's jumping ship in Oak Hill. We true fans know we're in a rebuilding year with a new coach. Yes, we did get spoiled by last year's senior class, but athletes like that don't appear every season. The Oaks will get better. I don't think we can play much worse! Coach Homa does need to focus on our strengths, which is not the passing game right now! He also needs to instill some more discipline to cut down on those senseless penalties.

Oak Hill caught lightning in a bottle last year. Nobody can argue that it was the best group of athletes the Oaks have had in a VERY long time, if not ever.

New coaches, inexperienced players equals a very frustrating year. The true fans realize this and wont give up hope. They know it will be an uphill battle this year and the young Oaks will take their lumps.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Young teams will take their lumps but most will admit the the last four years in two or three sports was amazing for Oak Hill and groups of kids (both male/female) don't come along like that very often.

Oakhillian2
Waterboy

Post by Oakhillian2 »

When you're at the top, there's nowhere to go but down. When you're on your descent, the ones you conquered in the previous years are leading the cheers! All's fair in love and football! :)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Oakhillian2 wrote:When you're at the top, there's nowhere to go but down. When you're on your descent, the ones you conquered in the previous years are leading the cheers! All's fair in love and football! :)

At the top????

You have one good year and all of a sudden you are at the top. Yeah right.

When you have an established program that puts up wins year after year and goes to the playoffs consistently then come back and we'll talk about Oak Hill "being on top".

Your coaches all knew they were one hit wonders and that's why they all jumped ship.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oakhillian2
Waterboy

Post by Oakhillian2 »

Thank you for your opinion. I wouldn't expect a different response from a Wheelersburg fan. Go Oaks! :)

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Oakhillian2 wrote:When you're at the top, there's nowhere to go but down. When you're on your descent, the ones you conquered in the previous years are leading the cheers! All's fair in love and football! :)

I was about to say the same thing.
Schedule us again in 30 years or so!!!

At the top????

You have one good year and all of a sudden you are at the top. Yeah right.

When you have an established program that puts up wins year after year and goes to the playoffs consistently then come back and we'll talk about Oak Hill "being on top".

Your coaches all new they were one hit wonders and they all jumped ship.
Last edited by SPAMONY on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

What was the SCORE?? Never mind opinions - just post the facts and actual outcome of the game where we can find/read it easily!

Oakhillian2
Waterboy

Post by Oakhillian2 »

Wheelersburg won 41-0. The Oaks need to regroup for week 3, no question about it!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

caglewis wrote:What was the SCORE?? Never mind opinions - just post the facts and actual outcome of the game where we can find/read it easily!

That's why we have a Scores and Updates thread at the very top of the page.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Bleeding Red wrote:"Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?"

Okay, enough Jim Mora talk.

I wondered if there was going to even be a thread about this game. Oak Hill fans seemed to jump off a bridge after getting spanked by Peake. I have seen alot of posts from the Burg fans, seems some of them havent completely bailed out yet.

I will take Burg by 42 in this one. Burg is down, but they are still the Burg.

So close...

Congrats Burg on the dominating win last night. The defense impressed me last night with some big hits and the goal line stand after the pass interference call in the endzone.

Regroup and bounceback Oak Hill. Good luck the rest of the season.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

boy burg grad its easy to run your mouth when playing a team that is down.seems like your good at that.didnt quite see these post from you after Ironton spanked ya.We know your pirates can and should beat these teams that are down,but when you start beating these good teams , like the oaks from last year and the Irontons of the world ,go back to your roost.

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

OAK Hills Football May Be Down There Band Was Awesome Friday Night.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

congrats PIRATES!!! its been a while since ive been on here and even longer since i have been able to see the burg play. im constantly being deployed or just stationed some where too far away from home... but I want to wish the burg the best of luck this season!!!! PIRATE PRIDE IS WORLD WIDE!!!!! I have Iraqi people saying go burg!!!! hahahaha

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Good posts MightyOaksFan and Oakhillian2. I was there for every play of the 0-10 season in 2005 as well as the 10-0 season in 2009. It's always more fun to win, but true fans will support their team even when they aren't winning. I don't understand the negative comments from Burg_Grad_77. There are very few teams that can match the success that Wheelersburg has had over the years. Congratulations on the win. pirates/redmen fan, the Oak Hill band put on an excellent halftime show as they do every week.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

You'll learn soon enough not to pay any attention to burggrad77, most other people already have.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

bigmama42 wrote:boy burg grad its easy to run your mouth when playing a team that is down.seems like your good at that.didnt quite see these post from you after Ironton spanked ya.We know your pirates can and should beat these teams that are down,but when you start beating these good teams , like the oaks from last year and the Irontons of the world ,go back to your roost.
I was thinking the same thing, Everyone knows this is one of the best teams the burg has put on the field in decades and its loaded with seniors that are 3 yr starters. the burg has never beaten anybody and it's not like they have any kind of a football tradition or anything. It's not like they make the playoffs every year or compete for the league championship every year. It's not like it's only been a couple Years since they had back to back wins against Ironton. Your dead on.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

bigmama42 wrote:boy burg grad its easy to run your mouth when playing a team that is down.seems like your good at that.didnt quite see these post from you after Ironton spanked ya.We know your pirates can and should beat these teams that are down,but when you start beating these good teams , like the oaks from last year and the Irontons of the world ,go back to your roost.

Seriously bigmama42???

Teams that are down??

This may be one the least experienced teams the Burg has put on the field in the 40+ years I have lived in Wheelersburg and you want say we took advantage of a team that was down. Get real. There are freshman starting on this team for the first time since I moved here as well, so I don't want hear about them playing a team that is down. The Pirates are a team that is down this year.

And yes, Ironton did spank the Pirates pretty good, but at least they have the balls to play them every year instead of running and hiding like most of the other DIV and DV schools in the area.

Oak Hill had two very good years and that is something to be proud of, but for someone to say they were "on the top" is just too funny to me. The Burg has had one, that's right, one losing season since 1964. How many area teams can say that?

I said it once and I'll say it again and I don't give rats arse who likes it, when you can put a consistent winner on the field year in and year out and consistently make the playoffs then we can talk about your team being "on the top".

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

High Plains Drifter wrote:You'll learn soon enough not to pay any attention to burggrad77, most other people already have.

Really? So tell me one thing in my post that wasn't true. You may not like it, but it is the truth.

And you not paying attention to me really hurts. I'm going to have to go see a therapist now. :roll:

Return to “Football”